Aklatan - Possible scripture?

pam

When I first started looking into this, I sort of thought, "Hmmm...maybe."  But the more I looked, the more I've concluded that it's garbage and that by even considering it I was allowing myself to ignore obvious and simple premises of the way God gives us truths. My opinion now is that it is a satan-spawned hoax perpetrated by someone who was probably LDS at some point.

On a more general note, how are the records of the scattered tribes supposed to come forth? What's the process?

Whatever is the process, it will go through the established Priesthood Authority.

The BOM came about through a restoration - the Priesthood was established.  This is the last dispensation which means there's not gonna be another restoration.

So, all other records of all the tribes will go through that Priesthood Authority.  So, if Jesus appears to somebody in a vision to reveal more records pertaining the Kingdom, it would be confusing not to channel that person through the established Priesthood Keys.  And this is a house of order, not a house of confusion.  So, until the records are brought under Priesthood Authority, it will be just like any other book - may be used for inspiration but not for revelation.

Whatever is the process, it will go through the established Priesthood Authority.

The BOM came about through a restoration - the Priesthood was established.  This is the last dispensation which means there's not gonna be another restoration.

So, all other records of all the tribes will go through that Priesthood Authority.  So, if Jesus appears to somebody in a vision to reveal more records pertaining the Kingdom, it would be confusing not to channel that person through the established Priesthood Keys.  And this is a house of order, not a house of confusion.  So, until the records are brought under Priesthood Authority, it will be just like any other book - may be used for inspiration but not for revelation.

If someone found some documents and they were legitimate archaeological finds, I agree with you. Still wouldn't be scripture until accepted and canonized through the proper priesthood channels, etc. but could be useful (like the Dead Sea Scrolls). In the case of the Aklatan, a record that the author has only ever seen in a dream...???  I think it should likely be taken as nothing more than someone's fantasy fiction.

If someone found some documents and they were legitimate archaeological finds, I agree with you. Still wouldn't be scripture until accepted and canonized through the proper priesthood channels, etc. but could be useful (like the Dead Sea Scrolls). In the case of the Aklatan, a record that the author has only ever seen in a dream...???  I think it should likely be taken as nothing more than someone's fantasy fiction.

I don't rule out personal revelation...  and there are times when someone's personal revelation can be an inspiration to others as long as they understand, it is "personal".

But yeah, the way this personal revelation is handled, especially selling the books on Amazon... it's just not God's way (from how I understand God's way to be).

I don't rule out personal revelation...  and there are times when someone's personal revelation can be an inspiration to others as long as they understand, it is "personal".

Personal revelation for the whole world or for the church is the part I rule out. God will reveal new truths (as you said) through the established priesthood authority. God will not give revelation for the whole church/world through some Joe Schmoe not even a part of His church. Not even through someone high up in the church. Only one man is authorized to receive revelation for the whole world.

Personal revelation for the whole world or for the church is the part I rule out. God will reveal new truths (as you said) through the established priesthood authority. God will not give revelation for the whole church/world through some Joe Schmoe not even a part of His church. Not even through someone high up in the church. Only one man is authorized to receive revelation for the whole world.

Yep!  Agree 100%.

I do believe though that God may reveal spiritual things to heads of families... like my dad.  My dad shared with us personal experiences with the Spirit pertaining his family that has steered our family through the right path.  My dad is Catholic.  He reads his scriptures daily and prays constantly for inspiration from the Spirit.

Yep!  Agree 100%.

I do believe though that God may reveal spiritual things to heads of families... like my dad.  My dad shared with us personal experiences with the Spirit pertaining his family that has steered our family through the right path.  My dad is Catholic.  He reads his scriptures daily and prays constantly for inspiration from the Spirit.

I hope we all believe in that. :)