Dinasours

Guest Yediyd

Just my biased opinion....but I believe that the string therory PROVES the existance of G-d...his ability to not be bound by time and space is explained so beautifully in the string therory...yes, I know there are several DIFFERENT string therorys...but the idea fastinates me in regards to my belief in G-d and creationism.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I apologize to all those who think this is actually an important topic. Honestly, I don't. It is kind of interesting reading the research and how it either does or does not coincide with scripture.

From a salvific standpoint - not important.

From a perspective of whether people are familiar with science and reason - important.

<div class='quotemain'>

Hi all,

I apologize to all those who think this is actually an important topic. Honestly, I don't. It is kind of interesting reading the research and how it either does or does not coincide with scripture.

From a perspective of whether people are familiar with science and reason - important.

Perhaps we agree???? I feel that if someone cannot determine truth from error concerning dinosaurs for which there is so much empirical evidence - how can they be trusted with things of G-d and eternity for which there is no empirical evidence to do a sanity check.

The Traveler

<div class='quotemain'>

Perhaps we agree???? I feel that if someone cannot determine truth from error concerning dinosaurs for which there is so much empirical evidence - how can they be trusted with things of G-d and eternity for which there is no empirical evidence to do a sanity check.

The Traveler

Right.

The then stretch (as you imply) is to realize the actuality of both G-d and ancient geologic history and that scripture and science do not of necessity contradict each other. Religion and science are both important. Without science and engineering we would not have many of the modern conveniences we have today and without religion there would be no hope.

What is terrifying is the number of people who have given up on hope and eschew science and reason and only pursue hedonistic self-destruction.

Aaron the Ogre

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Hi all,

The Traveler

I think that's a good point. We believe in God through faith, but also employee our powers of reason and intelligence to properly study and understand God and the gospel.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

but all the carbondating stuff already shows what really happened, how old stuff is. in church terms...hmm... yeah i guess they got killed when the whole world was flooded. noah was supposed to get two of every animal, but maybe just couldnt fit dinosaurs inside his boat.

the only problem with carbon dating is they find skeletal remains and claim it 3\4 monkey man from 20,00000 bc and he is a link between us and the ape, when in fact he can't be more than 7000 and just has a promanent brow bone.

thank you for all the answers. they have been a help, i appreciate it.

I personally believe that carbon dating is real and that the age of the earth is in fact as old as the scientists say. The whole 7k year thing is a silly interpretation of bible lineage taken too literal. I also believe that evolution exists. My personal belief if that Heavenly Father had a plan and he executed it.....however long it took him and however he did it is up to him. I read a quote from one of the past presidents of the church that said something along the lines of: " It is not our goal to decide how old the earth is, it has nothing to do with the plan of salvation. We leave the dating of the earth to the scientist, biologists, etc.". I find that if you look hard enough you will find that creationism can go hand in hand with what scientists have been saying for some time.

I agree

<div class='quotemain'>

Here's the kicker...he only gathered two of the UNCLEAN beast, of the CLEAN beast, he gathered them by sevens....and Yes, I DO believe it...

Hey Yed,

One thing to consider, which is lost on most people that blindly follow what scientists, or celebs, or the guy down the street say, is that perhaps, PERHAPS, the Lord commanded Noah to gather a main type of each group which then evolved into various animals of the same species. For example, take a wolf and from there the dogs we have evolved, etc.

One other thing: I was watching Nature a couple of weeks ago (I like the show because it is interesting, as long as you ignore the "humans are responsible for the destruction of the planet and mother nature is supreme" tilt.) and they were talking about dogs, and the fact that as little as 110 years ago there were only about 40 types of dogs, and then in Victorian England it became very fashionable to begin cross breeding, etc., to develop "designer dogs" to where we now have something like 400 recognized breeds (I think it is around 400). They mentioned the English Bulldog, which looked completely different 110 years ago then what it does today.

So, to me it doesn't take a strain of the imagination to think that Noah could have put one type of a species on the ark and then let God handle the evolution back to the differing strains w/in the species...

That what i belive two. I dont understand why people cant belive that evolution is a tool God uses instead of evolution vs. creationism why cant both be true and God just uses evolution to create more species.