Help! I Need Some Laundry Advise!

Guest Yediyd

Guest Yediyd

My dog (we are blaming the dog because the kids are both innocent) put gum in my laundry and my favorite white slip (the one I wear at the Temple) is covered in bubble gum!! I tried scrubbing it out...only managed to smear it around and ruin the scrub brush!!! Help!!! How do I save my favorite slip?

...it is on the stove in a pot boiling in soapy, bleach water as I type this.

Please tell me SOMEBODY knows how to get gum out of clothing!!! :wow:

Guest the_big_picture

Youre a guy? I always thought you where a woman...

Anyways put it in the freezer, after a couple of hours you can take the gum of without any difficulties. The gum will be stiff and will lose its "glue power" on it.

Guest Yediyd

Youre a guy? I always thought you where a woman...

Anyways put it in the freezer, after a couple of hours you can take the gum of without any difficulties. The gum will be stiff and will lose its "glue power" on it.

I'm not a guy and I tried ice first...I didn't however try to put it in the freezer...thanks for the tip. :)

...I'm a mother, but this is the FIRST time I have dealt with gum on clothing!!! <_<

...Ughhh!!! :angry2::angry2:

Guest the_big_picture

Oh, Im not sure what a slip is now, but I thought it was those things men have around their neck when they want to dress proper, that have diffrent patterns and are made out of silk...

How long did you have it in the freezer? And do you tried clorine? If its white the little stane might not be vicible afterwards?

Guest Yediyd

Oh, Im not sure what a slip is now, but I thought it was those things men have around their neck when they want to dress proper, that have diffrent patterns and are made out of silk...

How long did you have it in the freezer? And do you tried clorine? If its white the little stane might not be vicible afterwards?

It is silk and it is in the freezer right now...I will try to save it tomarrow after it is frozen solid.

Thanks for the tip. :D

Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

By a raise of hands, how many "guys" out there have a favorite white slip? :D

My wife has the white slips...

Mine are black :wow:LOL!!!!!

I needed that!!!!! :lol:

You are SO welcome, Yed. I think maybe since it went thru the laundry and then put in hot water, that those instructions with the cleaning solution might be the best bet. Heat makes the gummy stuff melt and stain. . . .

So I have learned!!! Thanks again!!!!!

This day and age Heather you just never know. :o

:hmmm: ...wonder where Pammie is....ask her the laundry question....she is the Laundry Queen......LOL!!!!!! B)

Always have been Pale and always will be. Don't you forget it. :P

Guest Yediyd

(Click the box for image)

I know why that pooch looks so sad...he is tired of getting all the blame in the house, too!!! My poor Jetta (Black toy poodle) gets all the blame, too!

Don't know how I messed that up!!! :angry2: ...oh well... :rolleyes:

Yedi, if the freezing doesn't work you could try peanut butter. The oil from the peanut butter usually can separate the gum from anything. Then you'd need to use a lot soapy stain remover to get the oil out. :)

Good luck!

Hey big_picture, not sure if anyone's filled you in yet but, a slip is a piece of women's clothing that is worn under a dress. You are thinking of a tie. :)

M.

Guest BillP

My favorite white slip was the one I gave to speeders, the one on top of the pink, blue and yellow slips :D:D

I wish I could help. I have been banned from laundry ufn.

Okay, so let me get this straight... You have been banned from laundry.... That would mean that you would at one stage have had to do laundry...

Oh man, why am I not that lucky? I wish I could bann my hubby from laundry (just for the fun of it) but that would mean that he would have to do it...

I have accepted my fate that that will never happen :surrenderwave:

And as for the gum stain, Yedidyd.. Ban the doggie from the laundry :lol:

When we were first married we took turns. 2 silk blouses and a wool sweater later, I was banned from laundry. She claims it was always her stuff that got ruined, I just never mentioned the stuff of mine that died at my hands. ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Of course she would never notice your stuff ;)

Women are like that you know... hehehehe :blink:

<div class='quotemain'>

My wife has the white slips...

Mine are black :wow:

Well, it IS your color, it brings out the color of your eyes so nicely. :sparklygrin::sparklygrin:

<div class='quotemain'>

This day and age Heather you just never know. :o

:hmmm: ...wonder where Pammie is....ask her the laundry question....she is the Laundry Queen......LOL!!!!!! B)

Always have been Pale and always will be. Don't you forget it. :P

"Must.... not..... hit........ reply......, must..... keep...... peace..... in.....the.... family........."

Oops, sorry, I lost control there for a minute. :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil: