Diet Soft Drinks Linked To Health Risks: Study

Maureen

I read through an article on the study. It said that they were not able to determine that it was the diet soda that was causing the problem but perhaps it was that people who drank diet soda liked sweets more than those who didn't drink it.

It went on to say that maybe they would have better controlled results when they use mice.

Ben Raines

Guest Yediyd

when i die, they will probably have to pry a can of diet coke from my cold dead hand! :lol:

I hear ya!!! They took away my coffee...I don't do drugs, I don't drink...I stay away from eating a lot of meat, I vowed a vow of chastity....Don't MESS with my soda!!! :angry2:

Guest Yediyd

IMHO, what causes people to want to eat more is the caffeine in many pops. It stimulates the stomach muscles, and they shout to our brains, "Give me something to work with--quick!"

Gum does the same thing!!!

I dislike gum. It offers a bit of flavor for an ever so short period of time, and then sticks around long after the welcome has been warn out, just flopping about uselessly. And, of course, at such times garbage cans are conspicously absent from the scene.

(BTW, is this a rabbit trail, or what???) :-)

I like bunny wabbits!!! :sparklygrin:

When I was seven, I remember that we had grilled rabbits at my grandpa's house. Whoever did them, put way too much pepper on them. Nevertheless they were still yummy. WOW. That was nearly 40 years ago. (This is a relaxing trail we're on, isn't it?)

Guest Yediyd

yep...we raised wabbits for food when I was a kid...that and other animals...My dad's favorite saying when he brought a new animal home was: "Don't get attached...it's supper!!!"

yep...we raised wabbits for food when I was a kid...that and other animals...My dad's favorite saying when he brought a new animal home was: "Don't get attached...it's supper!!!"

!

YIKES!!! Don't tell Shan!

<Here, chickie, chickie> :ahhh:

but to get BACK to the topic,

I can't drink diet stuff anyway - aspartame triggers migraine headaches every time. So I try to drink mostly water, sometimes with a spritz of real lemon. . . .

Guest Yediyd

Then why bring it up Yed? "It's great. I'm not going to tell you" :P

Because it came to mind, but then I realised that I should not stray from topic too much...I will start another thread for funny pet stories...ok?

I dislike gum. It offers a bit of flavor for an ever so short period of time, and then sticks around long after the welcome has been warn out, just flopping about uselessly. And, of course, at such times garbage cans are conspicously absent from the scene.

That was the most poetic paragraph about gum I've ever read! I particularly liked "flopping about uselessly" :D

Elphaba

<div class='quotemain'>

That was the most poetic paragraph about gum I've ever read! I particularly liked "flopping about uselessly" :D

Elphaba

And then of course you have the ones that snap it at every chew. Oblivious to the fact (or perhaps very much aware) that they are annoying the heck out of you. It's a pet peeve I have about gum chewers. Okay sorry those that do it. Just had to vent a little there :P

How about adults who chew gum while giving talks in church. Teens too.

Ben Raines

Or Bishops and the Councilors who chew away during the entire Sacrament meeting! Geeez give us a break- they really do look like cows chewing their cuds!