Jordan River Temple to be renovated

pam

SOUTH JORDAN — The Jordan River Temple is slated to close for extensive renovation in February 2016 and will remain closed through the later part of 2017.

The LDS temple will be rededicated after the renovation. Additional temples in the Salt Lake Valley will accommodate patrons from the Jordan River Temple District, according to a news release.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35852367&nid=1284&title=jordan-river-temple-to-be-renovated-rededicated

Most new temples are designed and built for a different culture of temple attendance.  I loved to attend the Jordan River temple when we were in that district.  My wife and I would go to an early session and have dinner at the temple cafeteria afterwords.  There are much better places to eat but we loved the ambiance and atmosphere (spirit) of the temple.  I hope that the cafeteria will remain but I have a feeling that temple culture is moving away form such.

• 2 weeks later...