General Conference

Palerider

It's been a week since we had General Conference .... What part or when did you feel the spirit the strongest ??

Myself it was several times

The strongest was while witnessing the calling of 3 Apostles

I felt it again while the children were singing and again Sunday morning while the choir was singing and listening to President Monson.

Well I was there so I felt it a whole lot.  I did miss the calling of the apostles and also the Sunday a.m. with the Music and the Spoken Word, as those were the two sessions I didn't have tickets for.

It was all so wonderful.  The Temple, all the people visiting from everywhere, people gathering outside before and after the sessions, or duing a session when they didn't have tickets, just sitting on the lawn and listening to the loudspeakers outside.

There were a few of the nutty protesters but they were few and far between and easy to ignore. 

The many missionary sisters, and they all love to talk.  The elder missionaries, stationed around the grounds, they like to talk also, and so do it.

I thought all the talks were inspired and inspiring and worth hearing. 

Of course, the easiest to remember was ponderize.

Today a young man witnessed about Elder Holland's talk about mothers.  Another lady testified that 3 of the talks covered motherhood.

I need to review it all.  So many people were taking notes.  I guess I was quite excited to be there so I didn't remember any particular talk.  Other than ponderize, and so many have posted about that.  I need to do that.

Also, I need to watch the two sessions I missed, but I can't get them going on my computer (I tried 2, maybe the settings are wrong or something.)

But I liked it all.  Including the food, Navoo Cafe and Lion House, and Garden Restaurant.

Edited by David13

There were several for me as well.

But I would have to agree that the calling and sustaining of the 3 new apostles was probably the biggest thing for me.  I don't think I've ever felt as strongly that these men truly were called of God and not of men.  

It's the thought that counts. 

Isn't that what they say, it's the thought that counts.

dc

When I go out and do my home teaching soon after General Conf I love to ask my families what they loved about Conference. I ask the less active families that question as well. I have a part member family and I ask the Sister what she enjoyed about it because her husband is sitting there and he is listening to what we say. He is not a member ......yet.

Guest LiterateParakeet

You know, I had an interesting experience the other night.  I'm taking a Book of Mormon class online, and part of the class was to watch about 20 min. of video clips related to the lesson.  I watched them a first time, and nothing in particular stood out to me.  But knowing I would have to answer a question about these clips later (regarding what stood out to me....), I watched them again and jotted down some notes for later.  I noticed that I got more out of them the second time around.

The reason I mention this is--I don't usually take notes during General Conference, because I don't want to miss something while writing, when I know the entire talks will be printed in the Ensign.  But perhaps, I have it all backwards.  Maybe I would get more out of the talks if I took notes, and if I miss something while I'm writing, I can get THAT later when I read the talk in the Ensign.

Just food for thought.  

I absolutely loved conference which was a welcome feeling because I haven't felt that in a conference for a long time.  Healing is a wonderful thing.  

You know, I had an interesting experience the other night.  I'm taking a Book of Mormon class online, and part of the class was to watch about 20 min. of video clips related to the lesson.  I watched them a first time, and nothing in particular stood out to me.  But knowing I would have to answer a question about these clips later (regarding what stood out to me....), I watched them again and jotted down some notes for later.  I noticed that I got more out of them the second time around.

The reason I mention this is--I don't usually take notes during General Conference, because I don't want to miss something while writing, when I know the entire talks will be printed in the Ensign.  But perhaps, I have it all backwards.  Maybe I would get more out of the talks if I took notes, and if I miss something while I'm writing, I can get THAT later when I read the talk in the Ensign.

Just food for thought.  

I absolutely loved conference which was a welcome feeling because I haven't felt that in a conference for a long time.  Healing is a wonderful thing.  

I've noticed this as I take notes to do the talk summaries.  I'm listening so hard to get hi-lights that I tend to remember more what was said and who said it.  But at the same time, by the time conference is done, I'm so drained I sometimes wish I could just sit and listen. But I know me far too well.  I wouldn't get the same thing out of conference if I were to do that.

I suggest viewing the press conference introducing the new apostles.  Each one spoke about his calling, and it was very spiritual.

https://youtu.be/aR9AbEG_Kbg

I think that is one of the things I watched that really confirmed for me even further that these men are called of God.