Prisonchaplain's response to Halloween

prisonchaplain

I hear this.  I remember a Sunday School teacher telling us that if you take the first n in Santa and put it at the end, you get Satan!  I look back and think about how profound that was...n't.

Still, Halloween is a very different vibe from the complaints about commercializing Christmas or the over-abundance of rabbits and chicken embryos at Easter.  Just sayin'.  :cool:

christmas and easter focus directly on christ, hence I would guess they would be the ones recieving the most perversion in and from the world.

One of the individuals I have quite a bit of admiration for so far is the person that become the legend of santa claus.

Edited by Blackmarch

Halloween is just another holiday to us. We don't do anything dark or scary and mainly because we have a 4-year old. Our goal is to simply make memories as a family, enjoyable ones, so we make homemade treats and plan fun costumes. Everything remains lighthearted.

Now, if it were just me and my husband, we'd be looking for the best rated haunted houses and renting the scariest horror films we could get our hands on. It's been a long time since we've done any of that but it was fun when we did. 

Now, if it were just me and my husband, we'd be looking for the best rated haunted houses and renting the scariest horror films we could get our hands on. It's been a long time since we've done any of that but it was fun when we did. 

So, I take it you don't watch MSNBC too much... :P

Halloween, in my book, is a family holiday that should be centered on family. Therefore, I call it good. Do others utilize it for evil? Sure. They also get drunk at Christmas.

Absolutely, and further complicating things, I suspect that there is no longer a consensus about either what Halloween or the family is, as there may have been in North America in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. 

Edited by lonetree