Baptism

sharyll

I am wondering is it possible to be baptized without your husband's permission and done without him knowing? If I do get baptized it will cause huge issues in our marriage. I just cannot face those challenges and maybe my faith is not strong enough to do so. I just know I want to be baptized right now. What do you all think? I will make my own decision but just want to hear others opinions

Sharyl

I am wondering is it possible to be baptized without your husband's permission and done without him knowing? If I do get baptized it will cause huge issues in our marriage. I just cannot face those challenges and maybe my faith is not strong enough to do so. I just know I want to be baptized right now. What do you all think? I will make my own decision but just want to hear others opinions

Sharyl

Don't go against your husbands wishes. The church does not advocate being sneaky and doing things behind your spouses or parents (if you are a legal minor) backs.

Live your life as though you were baptised, go to church if you husband does not object. Pray, read the scriptures, etc. Pray for your husband and put his name on the Temple prayer rolls - but do not go behind his back.

Talk with the Bishop/Branch President about this, and follow his advise. IF the missionaries are pressuring you to get baptised, get to the Bishop and tell him this, STAT! They are NOT to pressure you, and they are NOT to encourage you to go against your husbands wishes.

<div class='quotemain'>

Sharyl

Don't go against your husbands wishes. The church does not advocate being sneaky and doing things behind your spouses or parents (if you are a legal minor) backs.

Live your life as though you were baptised, go to church if you husband does not object. Pray, read the scriptures, etc. Pray for your husband and put his name on the Temple prayer rolls - but do not go behind his back.

Talk with the Bishop/Branch President about this, and follow his advise. IF the missionaries are pressuring you to get baptised, get to the Bishop and tell him this, STAT! They are NOT to pressure you, and they are NOT to encourage you to go against your husbands wishes.

This is what Iwould have said down to every last word -

Sharyl

I would not do it...without his knowledge

Sharyl

I want to thank you for posting and letting me know your opinions. I do not know how to put my husband's name into the temple rolls but will find out and do that. I do know that since I have not spoke of the lds issues that he has been more open about going to our church, tithing and living a christian life according to the church we believe. It is a positive step. I will continue to study, pray and maybe talk to the bishop. Basically you gave me the same advice as my friends and family who are lds. It sometimes is hard to wait but I think it is the right thing to do. I will also continue to come here and learn. Thanks so much for your support.

Sharyl

I do not know how to put my husband's name into the temple rolls but will find out and do that.

Sharyl

Call the Temple in your area and tell them that you wish to put a name on the prayer roll. Then give your husbands full legal name. His name will remain on the prayer roll for two weeks.

I heard a rumor that this can be done via the internet - can anyone confirm this??

Sharyl

Read Dr. Laura's book "The Care and Feeding of Husbands".

Use what you learn to convince your husband to support the woman of his dreams to fulfill one of her dreams.

The Traveler