Reintroduction

letmeoff

Born and raised in a little Melbourne town call research, there was no more to do than ride bikes around the dusty streets and play war games with my friend (Why was I always the Germans) Well computers were new and the rotary phone was like my facebook account.

Primary school was terrible, kids picking on me. But highschool was better, got into trouble all the time. This one time I put some shaving cream in a condom and tied it to the teachers room door.

I eventually got tired of school and dropped out mid year 10th grade, got a job for a year and lost it. Got another, and another, and another until I decided to become a professional bum. I was whats called a pen pusher for social security, had no idea what I wanted to do.

I tried so many different things, nothing panned out. Eventually I got involved with the occult and tried to manipulate the laws of physics with a wooden wand and a bunch of magick books (Those guy's lied to me!) Anyway I gave that up and took an interest to Christianity.

I didn't know what I was getting myself into, went to a gazillion churches and never found one I loved. Had a great Christian mentor, but she's gone now. After many years an old companion lead me to the Mormon church, and at the time I was still looking for the truth. It was different, so different I thought I'd join.

2 weeks after my baptism and laying on of hands I schized out, went on one big learning trip because religion blacked out my learning capabilities (That's why that happens) Ended up in hospital, recovered then later got shafted by the medical practitioner's, the mental health organisations and my whole family

Why?

Because I told them what was going on in my head and how my illness effects me (Graphically) And they wimped out of learning about it. But I had more to tell, so I did and everyones run a mile. Now everything has gone biblical, I can't talk about it (Legally)

So I better end this story here.

Edited by letmeoff

45 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Welcome @letmeoff Thank you for opening up and being willing to share some of your past with us. 
In addition to what you have already posted, I would challenge you to also post at least two concrete positive things from your life. 

Positives huh? Well Newtons 3rd law prevents me from doing so.

51 minutes ago, letmeoff said:

I'd think that Newton's 3d Law would require it. After all, for every negative action, there is a positive action.

I'll start:

That's good, that's great, that's wonderful! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! If it had happened to Mr. Carlile down the street, he'd have committed suicide! If it had happened to me when I was married, my wife would have demanded a divorce, so I lucked out. I have the best chance to learn from a series of bad experiences, so I'm a better person for it.

Lehi

In that vein: before my marriage, I was like many 30+, single, LDS females - bemoaning my lack of a husband and fearing life-long misery (cuz, you know, "you have to be married in the temple to be truly happy").  At the time, I didn't realize the true source of my unhappiness.  I met someone and got married before too much of that, thankfully.  After the initial rainbows-and-unicorns phase of my marriage, things were difficult for a time.  My husband passed away with the difficulties not entirely resolved.  The best thing my marriage taught me is that no person, no relationship, no event, no circumstance, no possessions can make you happy.  (And no person, no relationship, no event, no circumstance, no possessions can prevent you from being happy.)

Happiness is chosen.  I'm certain I'd heard something like this a zillion times prior to learning the lesson, but I didn't understand it (rolled my eyes more than a few times, no doubt) because it's a lesson that cannot be taught, only learned.  I didn't understand until I chose to ask God for help in understanding this.  Then He opened my eyes and showed me what my life's experiences had demonstrated.  Since then, I choose to be happy.

Doing things which bring happiness into your life is a choice.  Happiness comes from willingly, gladly doing what you know is right, despite whatever else is happening in your life.  "Right" is based both in the truth that you know (living in harmony with it, and seeking to increase your knowledge of and harmony with the truth) and in using the gifts, talents, and interests God has given you.  Happiness is the natural state of those who live in harmony with the truth.  (But you're not going to believe this until you've chosen to learn it for yourself, so feel free to use the "roll eyes" emoji - he's kinda cute.)

Note: I assert that Newton's Laws of Motion apply to motion, and that for me the positive outcome is all out of proportion (better than, and eternal) with the struggles (they being temporary) - that is the generosity, love, and mercy of God - not equal and opposite, but all out of proportion in our favor.

45 minutes ago, zil said:

In that vein: before my marriage, I was like many 30+, single, LDS females - bemoaning my lack of a husband and fearing life-long misery (cuz, you know, "you have to be married in the temple to be truly happy").  At the time, I didn't realize the true source of my unhappiness.  I met someone and got married before too much of that, thankfully.  After the initial rainbows-and-unicorns phase of my marriage, things were difficult for a time.  My husband passed away with the difficulties not entirely resolved.  The best thing my marriage taught me is that no person, no relationship, no event, no circumstance, no possessions can make you happy.  (And no person, no relationship, no event, no circumstance, no possessions can prevent you from being happy.)

Happiness is chosen.  I'm certain I'd heard something like this a zillion times prior to learning the lesson, but I didn't understand it (rolled my eyes more than a few times, no doubt) because it's a lesson that cannot be taught, only learned.  I didn't understand until I chose to ask God for help in understanding this.  Then He opened my eyes and showed me what my life's experiences had demonstrated.  Since then, I choose to be happy.

Doing things which bring happiness into your life is a choice.  Happiness comes from willingly, gladly doing what you know is right, despite whatever else is happening in your life.  "Right" is based both in the truth that you know (living in harmony with it, and seeking to increase your knowledge of and harmony with the truth) and in using the gifts, talents, and interests God has given you.  Happiness is the natural state of those who live in harmony with the truth.  (But you're not going to believe this until you've chosen to learn it for yourself, so feel free to use the "roll eyes" emoji - he's kinda cute.)

Note: I assert that Newton's Laws of Motion apply to motion, and that for me the positive outcome is all out of proportion (better than, and eternal) with the struggles (they being temporary) - that is the generosity, love, and mercy of God - not equal and opposite, but all out of proportion in our favor.

Learned a lot about you today Zil, thanks for sharing and being an example to others!

18 hours ago, LeSellers said:

I'd think that Newton's 3d Law would require it. After all, for every negative action, there is a positive action.

I'll start:

That's good, that's great, that's wonderful! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! If it had happened to Mr. Carlile down the street, he'd have committed suicide! If it had happened to me when I was married, my wife would have demanded a divorce, so I lucked out. I have the best chance to learn from a series of bad experiences, so I'm a better person for it.

Lehi

Hey hey, let's not get all technical now. I just don't dwell on positive and negative thinking, as it causes polarization of neural pathways. Which leads to mental stress, then eventually anguish.

17 hours ago, zil said:

The way I see truth is that I had to accept I knew nothing at all. That's the best concept I have for approaching God.

On Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 5:55 AM, letmeoff said:

צוליב אַ גלאָז מילך דאַרף מען ניט קויפֿן אַ גאַנצע קו

For a glass of milk, you don't have to buy the whole cow.

1 hour ago, Aish HaTorah said:

צוליב אַ גלאָז מילך דאַרף מען ניט קויפֿן אַ גאַנצע קו

For a glass of milk, you don't have to buy the whole cow.

Yeah, you have no idea

lol.