3 Ways Pokemon Go is secretly horrifying.

unixknight

I started playing Pokemon Go last week and I've noticed some hilariously horrifying things about it...

1. You're capturing these Pokemon in small, spherical capsules and keeping them imprisoned inside.  No wonder the break free so often...

2. You can transfer Pokemon you don't want to the Professor...  What does he do with them?  Does he study them?  Surely not, as he can presumably capture them as easily as you can.  Does he redistribute them to others?  Who wants them?  It's the weak, useless Pokemon that get transferred.  Know what I think?  I think the Professor is eating them.  This is is source of food.  Players send these Pokemon to this guy and are never seen or heard from again.  

*burp*

3. When you send your Pokemon into an arena to fight, just imagine that, instead of a Rattata or a Staryu you're sending in... pit bulls or roosters.  Yes, my friends, this game is dog fighting disguised as a fantasy game.  Michael Vick would find much of this game familiar.  Think about it... You're capturing these innocent wild animals Pokemon, training them, and sending them into a pit an arena to fight until one or the other is knocked out. 

Am I gonna stop playing this game?

Nah.

Believe me when I say that the Pokemon franchise, as a whole, is pretty scary if you dig too deeply into matters. Some of the actual entries for the mon, particularly the later ones, are nightmare fuel, something that's become a running gag among the fandom. 

Guest LiterateParakeet
10 hours ago, unixknight said:

When you send your Pokemon into an arena to fight, just imagine that, instead of a Rattata or a Staryu you're sending in... pit bulls or roosters.  Yes, my friends, this game is dog fighting disguised as a fantasy game.

I realize you were just kidding, but this is precisely why I didn't let my kids watch this show back when it was popular.  I do let my 10 yr old play the game though (I have to lend him my phone to do it, so he only plays when he is with me.)  Not quite sure if that makes me a hypocrite, LOL.  I'm still uncomfortable with it, but you have to chose your battles.