Startling New Evidence

Moksha

How odd! Just . . . odd!

Elphaba

Sorry, having a free flow of consciousness moment. The Giant Tapir Horses (Megatherium Tapirnephitus) are the postulated creatures that may have indeed served as the horses described within the Book of Mormon. The Ancient Israel Bee was in the news recently. Just filling in the backstory.

Truly odd would be finding that these Tapir Horses could not only sing opera but had made a recording with Andrea Bocelli.

<div class='quotemain'>

How odd! Just . . . odd!

Elphaba

Sorry, having a free flow of consciousness moment. The Giant Tapir Horses (Megatherium Tapirnephitus) are the postulated creatures that may have indeed served as the horses described within the Book of Mormon. The Ancient Israel Bee was in the news recently. Just filling in the backstory.

Truly odd would be finding that these Tapir Horses could not only sing opera but had made a recording with Andrea Bocelli.

I still think it's odd. Dressing up a bee in a child's Native American costume, feather and all, in Israel? I think Keith Olbermann would be interested in that one.

Elphaba

Recently there was a discovery of bees in ancient Israel. I think I have unearthed startling new evidence placing not only Lamanite Bees in the new world, but tracing the route on their transoceanic voyage through their own visual recollection.

See for yourself:

Posted Image

Is she the Queen Bee? :D

I still think it's odd. Dressing up a bee in a child's Native American costume, feather and all, in Israel? I think Keith Olbermann would be interested in that one.

Elphaba

If not Mr. Olbermann, then perhaps Carl Jung? So, are you suggesting that such a costume worn by a bee is in anyway indicative of a failure to work well within the hive, and as such represented a curse that over time might be overcome with the production of a pure and delightsome honey?

So, are you suggesting that such a costume worn by a bee is in anyway indicative of a failure to work well within the hive, and as such represented a curse that over time might be overcome with the production of a pure and delightsome honey?

LOL

No, I'm saying a Native American costume in Israel is Weird! Period!

How you do go on Moksha! :P

Elphaba

Maybe I have missed something, but I don't understand why the discovery of ancient bees in Israel is so startling?

Ex. 3: 8 (D&C 38: 18) land flowing with milk and honey.

Ex. 16: 31 taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

Lev. 2: 11 ye shall burn no leaven, nor any honey.

Judg. 14: 8 bees and honey in the carcase of the lion.

Ps. 19: 10 sweeter also than honey.

Prov. 24: 13 eat thou honey, because it is good.

Prov. 25: 16 Hast thou found honey? Eat so much as is sufficient.

Isa. 7: 15 (2 Ne. 17: 15) Butter and honey shall he eat.

Matt. 3: 4 (Mark 1: 6) his meat was locusts and wild honey.

I do not understand why that would surprise anyone? Would we not expect the Nephites to bring honey with them to eat and maybe even bees to make the honey once they got here. The Lord always encourages to take provisions with us when He is instructing us to make a big move like they did. I am sure He also encouraged the Jaredites to do the same.

Josie

Maybe I have missed something, but I don't understand why the discovery of ancient bees in Israel is so startling?

I do not understand why that would surprise anyone? Would we not expect the Nephites to bring honey with them to eat and maybe even bees to make the honey once they got here. The Lord always encourages to take provisions with us when He is instructing us to make a big move like they did. I am sure He also encouraged the Jaredites to do the same.

Josie

So let me get this straight. You're saying he brought actual Lamanite bees over, costumes, feathers and all? :P

Elphie

<div class='quotemain'>

Josie

So let me get this straight. You're saying he brought actual Lamanite bees over, costumes, feathers and all? :P

Elphie

I suspect the kind Nephites or the good Lamanites helped sew the costumes since the bees themselves were too busy making honey. Division of labor and all that. Anyway, they gave us the Beehive as a symbol.

Perhaps the feather was from a humming bird. However, silver and turquoise jewelry is much too heavy for bees.

I still want someone to explain the soup can to me!! :P

It drives me nuts every time I look at that pic. :tinfoil:

:roflmbo:

<div class='quotemain'>

Elphaba

If not Mr. Olbermann, then perhaps Carl Jung? So, are you suggesting that such a costume worn by a bee is in anyway indicative of a failure to work well within the hive, and as such represented a curse that over time might be overcome with the production of a pure and delightsome honey?

huh?

I'm just taking it as some stupid ad that S&W did that would cause people to think it would have a much deeper meaning. People would then post it on a thread in a forum for all to question what that deeper meaning is.