Hi! I'm Pam

pam

Hi I'm pam and I'm a chataholic. (crowd then says hi pam, HI pam, hi PAM)

Anyway, I currently live in Utah. Originally from San Diego which I will always call home.

I'm divorced and have 3 teenagers. My daughter is 18 and I have twin boys 16. Teenagers are great. I mean aren't they? Come on...someone agree with me here.

I have lived in 7 states including Alaska and Hawaii. My dad and my ex husband are both retired Navy. Sorry Outshined. :P I worked for the Navy as a civilian for 18 years as a supervisory supply technician. I worked in a shop where they repaired helicopter and jet engines. I ordered all of their parts for them.

I've been part of ldstalk for close to 9 years. I've met many of the people in person. Some great people and some well....not so great. So be careful everyone.

I love long drives and seeing the country. Don't get to do that much anymore with my work schedule. I would rather drive than fly. Though I LOVE flying. I'm actually surprised with my dad having been in aviation and a flight engineer that I wasn't born on a plane.

Not even sure what my hobbies are anymore. I love counted cross stitch but I'm too blind to see it anymore. Must be that age thing though I'm only 29. (I wish) I love scrapbooking but I work so much I don't have time to even take pictures.

After reading what I've typed...I really need to get a life. :P

Anyway...I've met some great friends online at ldstalk and hope to make some more.

Don't write your intro here...you start a new topic with your name in the subject.

<div class='quotemain'>

wait...who spells it wrong?! i bet it's that crummy john doe, isn't it?! tee hee! love you pammy!

its me...I spell it wrong....hello Pammie..... :P:P

whatever :angry2:

Welcome to the site Pam. We all hope you will be a solid contributor to this place soon. :D:D:D:D:P

Very funny. Wait till I see you again. I think would be next Saturday for nephews baptism. Unless you are working.

<div class='quotemain'>

Welcome to the site Pam. We all hope you will be a solid contributor to this place soon. :D:D:D:D:P

Very funny. Wait till I see you again. I think would be next Saturday for nephews baptism. Unless you are working.

Yeah, I'll be there. But what sick freak decided it would be a good idea to schedule a baptism on the same day as a BYU game? My sense of outrage over that injustice is almost as large as my disgust over her bishop's original directive that no one without a current temple recommend can participate in any way in the program.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Yeah, I'll be there. But what sick freak decided it would be a good idea to schedule a baptism on the same day as a BYU game? My sense of outrage over that injustice is almost as large as my disgust over her bishop's original directive that no one without a current temple recommend can participate in any way in the program.

please tell me you are kidding on the last part....

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

So did he change his mind on that?

Pale my sister and I were asked to sing at our nephews baptism ONLY if we had a current temple recommend.

Pale my sister and I were asked to sing at our nephews baptism ONLY if we had a current temple recommend.

I heard today that your angelic voice will be approved for performing.

My understanding was that after someone asked for clarification, he backpedaled and said just the ones participating in the ordinances needed to have recommends. Which is what I thought the actual rule is. That or a note from your current bishop indicating your worthiness to perform the ordinance. From what I understand, he was involved in the last revision of the CHI, and happens to lean to the strict side of the rules.

<div class='quotemain'>

I heard today that your angelic voice will be approved for performing.

My understanding was that after someone asked for clarification, he backpedaled and said just the ones participating in the ordinances needed to have recommends. Which is what I thought the actual rule is. That or a note from your current bishop indicating your worthiness to perform the ordinance. From what I understand, he was involved in the last revision of the CHI, and happens to lean to the strict side of the rules.

I thought so. When my brother was asked to do the confirmation for my ex husband he was asked to bring a temple recommend. No one in the program was asked to do that.

Pam,

You are right that it is for ordinances and only if it is not your home ward. If your home ward the Bishop should already know. If visiting another ward and to perform an ordinance the Temple Recommend is proof that you have the Melquisadec Priesthood and are worthy to be performing the ordinance.

Ben Raines

Pam,

You are right that it is for ordinances and only if it is not your home ward. If your home ward the Bishop should already know. If visiting another ward and to perform an ordinance the Temple Recommend is proof that you have the Melquisadec Priesthood and are worthy to be performing the ordinance.

Ben Raines

Darn I was hoping to get out of singing. hahaha Nahhhh I love it.

• 4 weeks later...

<div class='quotemain'>

some of these Bishops...I tell ya...who do they thnk they are......LOL!!!!!

Hey PamElla!

Yeah right Pale...............some Bishops!! sheesh :hmmm:

LOL --

It's good to see you all here. I guess I need to come here more often.

do you all remember me?? I"m married now and living in Delta, UT.

aka, Sally

welcome here Sally......I have an Aunt and Uncle that live in Delta Utah

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

welcome here Sally......I have an Aunt and Uncle that live in Delta Utah

My husband knows just about everyone here, he has coached softball and played for over 20 years here, and it's such a small town. what are their names?

<div class='quotemain'>

Hey PamElla!

Yeah right Pale...............some Bishops!! sheesh :hmmm:

LOL --

It's good to see you all here. I guess I need to come here more often.

do you all remember me?? I"m married now and living in Delta, UT.

aka, Sally

Hi, you don't know me, but anyone living in Delta has my sincere condolences. I'm proud to say that I recently moved my in-laws away from there, and it was the best act of service I have rendered in quite some time. Sure, it's not Manti, but when you compare stinky armpits, after a while they all start to smell the same.