Revelation 22:18-19 Perhaps A Better Way To Look At It

snipe123

For that matter, neither do the LDS believe that Satan will rule over the wicked in the eternities.

Um, yes we do. At least, if you believe the Book of Mormon:

"3 For they are carnal and devilish, and the devil has power over them; yea, even that old serpent that did beguile our first parents, which was the cause of their fall; which was the cause of all mankind becoming carnal, sensual, devilish, knowing evil from good, subjecting themselves to the devil.

11 If they be good, to the resurrection of endless life and happiness; and if they be evil, to the resurrection of endless damnation, being delivered up to the devil, who hath subjected them, which is damnation—" (Mosiah 16:3, 11)

"6 And behold I say unto you all that this was a snare of the adversary, which he has laid to catch this people, that he might bring you into subjection unto him, that he might encircle you about with his chains, that he might chain you down to everlasting destruction, according to the power of his captivity.

17 Then is the time when their torments shall be as a lake of fire and brimstone, whose flame ascendeth up forever and ever; and then is the time that they shall be chained down to an everlasting destruction, according to the power and captivity of Satan, he having subjected them according to his will." (Alma 12:6, 17)

"35 For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold, ye have become subjected to the spirit of the devil, and he doth seal you his; therefore, the Spirit of the Lord hath withdrawn from you, and hath no place in you, and the devil hath all power over you; and this is the final state of the wicked." (Alma 34:35)

Cast lots? (always wanted to do that)

Seriously though, PC, which scriptures lead you to believe Satan will not preside over the wicked that have followed his temptations and rejected Christ? Or do you like a-train's answer better as more of a "gut feeling" kinda thing?

Atrain, sounds like there are no serious disagreements then. And yet, Traveler seems concerned about the interpretation. I guess we'll await his explanation.

If you look at my posts you will find two things.

1. I did not give an interpretation - nor did I claim that I could solve the riddle of symbolism completely.

2. I did say that the symbolism was not eve addressed in the Beginning and Ending books of the Bible.

My question is - by what right does anyone say the symbols are not Messianic and related? If the things of G-d are not known by man but only by the spirit of G-d – as per Peter declaring Jesus as the “Son of G-d”.

So I will now ask the question directly – is it possible that the Cherubim of Eden is a prophesy directed towards the salvation of fallen man through Christ? You do not have to answer because I understand the problem that Trinitarians face concerning this matter. But I also understand that there is no interpretation or commentary from Trinitarians as to where or when man, in quest of the “Tree of Life” (eternal life or to live with G-d) or the path to it ever encounters the “Keeper of the way”.

I have read many a commentary that says that a sword represents justice and judgment but I have never read any commentary that draws the parallel to Christ back to Genesis. But I did imply that I believe the truth of this matter, if understood, could unite Christians, Jews and Islam to a understanding of Christ being the Messiah. But then perhaps that is why there is so much symbolism in scripture.

As I said there is a Trinitarian trap in trying to give any Messianic meaning to Cherubim and I have no intention of tricking you into it – I intended you discover it quietly and privately for yourself – as I did.

The Traveler

Cast lots? (always wanted to do that)

Seriously though, PC, which scriptures lead you to believe Satan will not preside over the wicked that have followed his temptations and rejected Christ? Or do you like a-train's answer better as more of a "gut feeling" kinda thing?

It is my understanding that Satan will be forever bound in the Lake of Fire, facing eternal torment--not given his own kingdom of damned souls to preside over. I'll have to dig around a little later on this, though.