1 hour ago, wenglund said:

While Christianity is actually Christ-centered, I think I understand what you mean. The gospel is exclusively directed towards humans.

\However, to me, this isn't a human assumption, but a divine revelation--no other animal is made in the image and likeness of God.

Besides, the gospel couldn't be animal-centric or plant centric, since neither has the level of consciousness to be much aware of self and being, etc. let alone basic principles like faith, repentance, baptism, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

You're certainly right, but remember Del's mouse "Mr. Jingles" in the movie "The Green Mile". Paul revealed to Elaine  that he was 108 years of age, and not only he was still alive, so was Mr. Jingles. This makes me pensive...

Edited by CrimsonTide

On 4/8/2018 at 8:50 AM, wenglund said:

While Christianity is actually Christ-centered, I think I understand what you mean. The gospel is exclusively directed towards humans.

\However, to me, this isn't a human assumption, but a divine revelation--no other animal is made in the image and likeness of God.

Besides, the gospel couldn't be animal-centric or plant centric, since neither has the level of consciousness to be much aware of self and being, etc. let alone basic principles like faith, repentance, baptism, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

"... - no other animal is made in the image and likeness of God."    -deleted-

Edited by CrimsonTide

4 hours ago, CrimsonTide said:

"... - no other animal is made in the image and likeness of God."  Maybe, or maybe not. Do we know all "animals" cruising there only within our galaxy, with about 200 billions of stars and uncountable planet systems...?

Yes, one need only recall the Cantina scene in the first Star Wars movie to know just how wrong I am. ;)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

5 hours ago, wenglund said:

Yes, one need only recall the Cantina scene in the first Star Wars movie to know just how wrong I am. ;) (...)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

My oh my, horrible creatures indeed, real nightmares. But the probability of finding only one like them in the whole universe (except the internal universe of our phantasy) with those absurd physiognomics like in the video might tend to zero.

But let's come to greater things, and let me introduce you an image of Mr. Jingles from "The Green Mile" movie. He was very intelligent and he always rolled back the small wooden spool when the prisoner Del threw it away. And he was immortal.

380363bb82625fdf6d5e358f5b80fa66--epic-f   "Wenglund, do you really want me getting damned...?"

Edited by CrimsonTide

10 minutes ago, wenglund said:

It depends on whether or not they can cook Ratatoulle. Cuteness can only carry a mouse so far. We will all be judged according to our works.  :cool:

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

002efaa0757198ac13d4391716eb6ef9_400.jpg   "Rata... what? The frog tongue...? I'm fully satisfied with this good American dinner."

25 minutes ago, CrimsonTide said:

002efaa0757198ac13d4391716eb6ef9_400.jpg   "Rata... what? The frog tongue...? I'm fully satisfied with this good American dinner."

Given the morbid obesity of the rat, he is in clear violation of the Word of Wisdom, not to mention stealing food from a poor, government subsidized child. That isn't the path to heaven. Cuteness doesn't cover a multitude of sins. Sorry.

BTW, good cooking is a salvific work, whereas glutenous eating is a sin. 

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Edited by wenglund

9 minutes ago, CrimsonTide said:

That little bit gluten... they surely don't eat tons of wafers, do they? And why is glutenous eating a sin? Have never heard about that... what's wrong with gluten?

Just a little fun with inadvertent misspellings, that's all.
glu·ten
ˈɡlo͞otn/
noun
a substance present in cereal grains, especially wheat, that is responsible for the elastic texture of dough. A mixture of two proteins, it causes illness in people with celiac disease.
glut·ton
ˈɡlətn/
noun
noun: glutton; plural noun: gluttons
an excessively greedy eater.
synonyms: gourmand, overeater, big eater, gorger, gobbler;