No Need To Panic, Acez Is Here!

Acez

Hi Class!

(Hi Acez)

Well I just wanted to follow suit and introduce to those fortunate enough to not know me :sparklygrin:

I'm Acez. I live in the Land of the Long White Cloud normally known as New Zealand. I am 19 years of age and am currently preparing for a mission. Exciting times :)

I have been a member of this site for exactly 2 years, 1 Month and 23 days. :rockon: I have met many great people and made many great friends and hop to continue to in the future.

Don't know what else to say, but if you see me around, Im glad to answer any queries provided I am in a giving mood :money::nana:

I hope this Introduction has been inspirational to you :lol:

Acez

Well I just wanted to follow suit and introduce to those fortunate enough to not know me :sparklygrin:

I'm Acez. I live in the Land of the Long White Cloud normally known as New Zealand. I am 19 years of age and am currently preparing for a mission. Exciting times :)

Let us know when you find out what mission you will be sent to. Another LDS member and I used to communicate with a young woman who lived on the South Island. This was on a talk forum such as this. We invited her to attend a Ward meeting there and meet the people. The missionaries taught her and she joined the Church. She was excited when she wrote and told us that she was scheduled to give her first talk in Sacrament meeting.

She then moved to a town on the North end of the South Island for a while, but then had to move to a town in the mid part of the island to take care of her mother when her dad died. We eventially lost track of her, but I got a pretty good geography lesson on New Zealand.

<div class='quotemain'> Well I just wanted to follow suit and introduce to those fortunate enough to not know me :sparklygrin:

Let us know when you find out what mission you will be sent to. Another LDS member and I used to communicate with a young woman who lived on the South Island. This was on a talk forum such as this. We invited her to attend a Ward meeting there and meet the people. The missionaries taught her and she joined the Church. She was excited when she wrote and told us that she was scheduled to give her first talk in Sacrament meeting.

She then moved to a town on the North end of the South Island for a while, but then had to move to a town in the mid part of the island to take care of her mother when her dad died. We eventially lost track of her, but I got a pretty good geography lesson on New Zealand.

Wow what a small world! That is very nice of you to do that for that woman. I'm sure that she still going to church and things. Who knows, I might even know her! :lol:

:D I'm in New Plymouth

Good luck on your mission

thinking of missionaries we probably know the same ones.

LOL!!!! We probably do since we're in the same mission. I think its New Plymouth or is it Pamlerston North that we share the Temple week in Hamilton. Not too sure. Might see you there if it is New Plymouth. :sparklygrin:

So my question, which is probably a stupid one, but where is Old Zealand? I am assuming that the name came from the British, right? Anyway I have always wondered that.

Well heres a quick brief New Zealand History lesson for you. Free of course :D

The name New Zealand originated with Dutch cartographers, who called the islands Nova Zeelandia, after the Dutch province of Zeeland. No-one is certain exactly who first coined the term, but it first appeared in 1645 and may have been the choice of cartographer Johan Blaeu. British explorer James Cook subsequently anglicised the name to New Zealand.- Wikipedia

New Zealand is still part of the British Commonwealth and has strong connections with it still.

Acez

Acez is my new best friend! What 19-year-old would take the time to talk to an old fart like me? Yet he does, and he is so fun and sweet and interesting. He is already a wonderful human being, for which he gives his mother all the credit, and he will one day be an incredible husband and father. I can tell that already.

I just love the kid to death.

Elphaba

P.S. Hey Acez, can I show everbody what you look like as a clown? :D E.

Acez is my new best friend! What 19-year-old would take the time to talk to an old fart like me? Yet he does, and he is so fun and sweet and interesting. He is already a wonderful human being, for which he gives his mother all the credit, and he will one day be an incredible husband and father. I can tell that already.

I just love the kid to death.

Elphaba

P.S. Hey Acez, can I show everbody what you look like as a clown? :D E.

Yep I think he's pretty cool too. Now if anyone tells him I said that I will deny it. :P

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am speechless. :wub::wub:

What do I say to that? Thank you to you both :wub::wub::wub:

Acez :wub:

PS. Elphaba, me dressed as a clown..... never :sparklygrin:

Hi Class!

(Hi Acez)

I have been a member of this site for exactly 2 years, 1 Month and 23 days. :rockon: I have met many great people and made many great friends and hop to continue to in the future.

Don't know what else to say, but if you see me around, Im glad to answer any queries provided I am in a giving mood :money::nana:

Acez

Your only 19!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

You seem much older and wiser in your posts. You're definatly NOT the typical 19 year old I run into.

Keep up the good work.

I was in New Zealand a few years ago. Only got to see the airport (6hr layover), but it seemed nice.

Hey Acez,

My husband served his mission in Christchurch.

I attended the MTC in Hamilton.

I learned Maori culture dancing as a girl because my playmates were Maori (can still do the moves).

My brother married a Maori girl and I have part-Maori nieces.

So, yer....pretty close association with NZ.

Besides, I'm just next door in Oz.:D

Onyx :sparklygrin:

The name New Zealand originated with Dutch cartographers, who called the islands Nova Zeelandia, after the Dutch province of Zeeland. No-one is certain exactly who first coined the term, but it first appeared in 1645 and may have been the choice of cartographer Johan Blaeu. British explorer James Cook subsequently anglicised the name to New Zealand.- Wikipedia

New Zealand is still part of the British Commonwealth and has strong connections with it still.

If I remember, the British used it as a penal colony to begin with. I guess the bad guys were eventially replaced with mostly good guys.

<div class='quotemain'>

Hi Class!

(Hi Acez)

Acez

Your only 19!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

You seem much older and wiser in your posts. You're definatly NOT the typical 19 year old I run into.

Keep up the good work.

I was in New Zealand a few years ago. Only got to see the airport (6hr layover), but it seemed nice.

LOL!!!!! Well thank you for the compliment. Will definitely keep up the good work :blush:

Hey Acez,

My husband served his mission in Christchurch.

I attended the MTC in Hamilton.

I learned Maori culture dancing as a girl because my playmates were Maori (can still do the moves).

My brother married a Maori girl and I have part-Maori nieces.

So, yer....pretty close association with NZ.

Besides, I'm just next door in Oz.:D

Onyx :sparklygrin:

Wow that is definitely a small world. Besides the fact you live next door in enemy territory :lol: . I'm 1/4 Maori but do not look it :lol::lol: . Thats cool you have Maori niece. We might be even related :hmmm:

<div class='quotemain'>

If I remember, the British used it as a penal colony to begin with. I guess the bad guys were eventially replaced with mostly good guys.

Yes New Zealand used to be a penal Colony. It was a British Colony til about 100 years ago I think. We still recognize the Queen as Head of State and technicalities like that. Shes even on every coin and cash we have :sparklygrin: If you ask me, it should be my dashing good looking face and not hers :D:D

Acez