Fatherhood

ldsguy422

Well, Father's Day is coming up.

What are some of your general thoughts on fatherhood? Lessons learned by your father? Ideals that should be taught? We are told that fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness. What do you think that means - or what does it mean to you, personally? Any other general thoughts on this subject?

My feelings about fatherhood can be summed up pretty quickly in a quote by Joseph F. Smith:

“Those things which we call extraordinary, remarkable, or unusual may make history, but they do not make real life.

“After all, to do well those things which God ordained to be the common lot of all mankind, is the truest greatness. To be a successful father or a successful mother is greater than to be a successful general or a successful statesman.” 

Guest MormonGator

My Dad taught me how to think. Not what to think. There is a huge difference between the two and I'm eternally grateful for that.  The older I get I also realize that I get my dry sense of humor from my Pops as well. If my dad had a Facebook page he'd probably post the same memes as I do! 

Edited by MormonGator