Greater unity between Latter day Saints and Pentecostals ....

DennisTate

My wife is a gifted Pentecostal woman who was even told to fast and pray for me for thirty five days back in the year 2000.

I'm Messianic Gentile.... (or perhaps MessyAntik Gentile, because I am sure that there are still lots of wrong ideas in my theology ) .....

but I do feel that I am being led to assist Latter day Saints to be able to reach out more effectively to my wife's denomination....

Pentecostals as well as to Jewish Israelis.

I had an exceptional one hour and one minute meeting through Facebook message chat with two zealous LDS missionaries here in 

Nova Scotia last week and my feeling was confirmed that LDS missionaries really are willing to meet with people and, for example, have a

great discussion about the near death experience account of little Colton Burpo and give a lot of credit to his dad a Westlyian pastor... for having

the humility needed to listen to his son..... (many Christian pastors would have approached Colton very differently.... the mom of Alex Malarkey brought in

Soul Sleep believing pastors to put fear in her son little Alex Malarkey whose NDE was featured in "The boy who came back from heaven."

Please pray that Latter day Saints and Pentecostals and Jews will come together and pray about the number ONE QUADRILLION....

because 2017 was a Jubilee year.... but I was not ready at that time for what I feel I am finally beginning to understand better now in 2020.

I made this statement on another forum with the title 

"Ending Race War USA in New Orleans........" 

You Latter day Saints are known to have done an astonishing amount of physical aid after Hurricane Katrina and I feel that your hearts are in New Orleans in a special way due to all the treasure that you invested in the people of New Orleans at that time......... and in your prayers for the people of New Orleans since then......

I want to pass on THE ONE QUADRILLION USA PETRO-DOLLAR CHALLENGE TO THREE colleges and / or universities.

Brigham Young University
University of Calgary
Warrior Notes School of Ministry

I arrived at the number of ONE QUADRILLION because it is a higher number than SEVEN HUNDRED AND TEN TRILLION DOLLARS given by CIA economist Jim Rickards for the valuation of the worldwide DERIVATIVES MARKETS back in 2014.

The valuation for the USA Derivatives markets at that time was TWO HUNDRED AND TEN TRILLION!

I believe that there are faculty and students at Brigham Young University who will immediately understand my reasoning on how a more Theistic version of Evolutionary Theory can play a role in our beginning to look at human life as having something approaching INFINITE VALUE to our Creator.... who I believe has been working and planning and forming universes for infinite time in the past until the time when finally the events of Genesis chapters one and two and three could take place.

I have gotten the impression that many Latter day Saints will like me be rather impressed by what was shown to former Atheist Mellen Thomas Benedict during his brush with death.  What he was shown reminds me of chapter thirteen in the book "Stephen Hawking's Universe" that is entitled The Anthropic Principle.

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/exceptional/mellen-thomas-benedict.html#a05

5. The Void

supernova_eye.jpgAt this point of my near-death experience, I found myself in a profound stillness, beyond all silence. I could see or perceive FOREVER, beyond Infinity. I was in the Void.

I was in pre creation, before the Big Bang. I had crossed over the beginning of time / the First Word / the First vibration. I was in the Eye of Creation. I felt as if I was touching the Face of God. It was not a religious feeling. Simply, I was at one with Absolute Life and Consciousness. When I say that I could see or perceive forever, I mean that I could experience all of creation generating itself. It was without beginning and without end. That’s a mind-expanding thought, isn’t it? Scientists perceive the Big Bang as a single event that created the Universe. I saw during my life after death experience that the Big Bang is only one of an infinite number of Big Bangs creating Universes endlessly and simultaneously. The only images that even come close in human terms would be those created by super computers using fractal geometry equations.

The ancients knew of this. They said God had periodically created new Universes by breathing out, and recreated other Universes by breathing in. These epochs were called Yugas. Modern science called this the Big Bang. I was in absolute, pure consciousness. I could see or perceive all the Big Bangs or Yugas creating and recreating themselves. Instantly I entered into them all simultaneously. I saw that each and every little piece of creation has the power to create. It is very difficult to try to explain this. I am still speechless about this.

It took me years after I returned from my near-death experience to assimilate any words at all for the Void experience. I can tell you this now: the Void is less than nothing, yet more than everything that is! The Void is absolute zero; chaos forming all possibilities. It is Absolute Consciousness; much more than even Universal Intelligence. The Void is the vacuum or nothingness between all physical manifestations. The SPACE between atoms and their components. Modern science has begun to study this space between everything. They call it Zero point. Whenever they try to measure it, their instruments go off the scale, or to infinity, so to speak. They have no way, as of yet, to measure infinity accurately. There is more of the zero space in your own body and the Universe than anything else!

I should give you the link to the video from 2014 where CIA economist Mr. Jim Rickards gives the number of seven hundred and ten trillion for the worldwide Derivatives markets.  My powerful feeling is that as Holy Spirit led Latter day Saints and Holy Spirit led Pentecostals and Holy Spirit led Jews come closer together and cooperate more on certain projects that..... the metaphorical Bride of Messiah will rise up and up and up and up to a place where she will be able to address problems facing all the earth with a wisdom that will remind all the world of how Daniiel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah rose to great influence and responsibility in the kingdoms of Nebuchadnezzar and later of Cyrus the Persian.  

FORGET IRAN, IRAQ, UKRAINETHIS IS WHERE WWIII STARTS...

Both Latter day Saints as well as Pentecostals do a lot of tourism to the nation of Israel and the idea of there being LDS Noahide movement meetings in many Pentecostal church buildings on Saturdays..... .as well as in many LDS ward buildings on Saturdays.... is one possible direction for LDS and Pentecostal mutual cooperation.

Proposal for LDS Noahide Movement on Saturdays at many wards.

You Latter day Saints are arguably the most polite Christians that I know..... you are also among the most astonishingly well informed Christians that I know......... I have a theory on why...... it may be because you take near death experience accounts seriously and you do not laugh at them........... and maybe..... just maybe.... NDE accounts that include a genuine Life Review with Messiah Yeshua - Jesus may be the most powerful ..... or at least one of the most powerful fulfillments of this promise that is happening in 2020?????

"These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father." (John 16:25)

In the year 1973 Pastor David Wilkerson was a Pentecostal Pastor who could hear and see better than ninety nine point nine percent of Pentecostals but........... like the Prophet Daniel...... he did NOT have what I consider a particularly great understanding of The Vision that was given to him that year.  Pastor David Wilkerson was terrified by the rising up of a truly colossal worldwide church......... that to his thinking as he explained his scary dream..... would be persecuting his fellow Pentecostals.... .but that persecution could be ARTISTIC... and could happen in semi- reality science fiction film projects where some Pentecostals enact the persecutions of the years 2008 to 2020 ........ that have been happening all over the world...... but this could be acting....... not necessarily actual continuation of the worst time of persecution of Pentecostals in the last century but......... it is time for Pentecostals to attempt to do some diplomacy and make some friends as the wise but unjust stewart of the parable did.  

This is a part of his visions that he got right because it was rather obvious...... this is also an idea that can build the foundation for the paying off of the national debt of the USA and JUBILEE ECONOMIC THEORY!

"There will be a sudden rush to buy farms, ranches, and homes in the country.

Thousands will attempt to flee from cities, hoping that a return to the land and

nature will provide security. There will be a growing urge to "get away from it

all"---and much money will be invested in land and acreage in rural areas by

people who have secret dreams of raising their own food and cattle and of

becoming self-supporting. The price of open rural land will continue to soar.

Acreage within 100 miles of most major cities will skyrocket out of reach to

all but syndicates." (David Wilkerson, The Vision, page 18,19).

Edited by DennisTate
grammar

Both Latter day Saints as well as Pentecostals are interested in the seventy week prophecy of Daniel.

The man who began this discussion is the leading proponent of a literal fulfillment of Ezekiel chapter forty to forty eight that I know of.

I asked him to join this forum but he hasn't been willing to do so yet.

The 70th week of Daniel has already begun in spring 2020

Aryeh B.  "

There is an obvious reason for everyone to suspect the beginning of apocalyptic events precisely from the spring of 2020: for the first time in the history of mankind, many countries of the world were covered by quarantines and lockdowns. When testing this assumption and applying the famous prophecies of the Bible about the timing of various events described in the book of Daniel, in Revelation and other books of the Bible, I got coincidences that cannot randomly fall out every year. Therefore, I assume that this time everything coincided as it should and those who are waiting for the Lord Jesus Christ can rejoice.

The beginning of the week should be in the spring, in the month of Nisan, because the previous 69 weeks are counted from the 16th day of the month of Nisan, when King Artaxerxes uttered an oral command to Mordecai and Esther, until the resurrection of Jesus Christ, which was also on the 16th of Nisan. Accordingly, the middle of this week will be in the fall.

We are well aware that there are 7 feasts of the Lord, 3 of which have already taken place at the time of the First Coming of Jesus Christ: Passover, Unleavened bread and the First Sheaf. The Feast of Pentecost was realized in the Church.

Remained unfulfilled 3 feasts of the Lord: Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur and Sukkot. On Rosh Hashanah, the consecration of the altar of the Third Temple should begin, on Yom Kippur the Eastern gate should be closed, where the elect from the four winds will enter and the consecration of the altar will be completed. From the 11th day of the month of Tishrei, the Lord God will take possession of his House, and the kingdom of the world will become the kingdom of the Lord.

So, having set the date on the 11th day of the Tishrei month on the time scale, corresponding to the date of the 7th trumpet of the angel, we can determine the date of the 6th trumpet, because in Revelation the interval is indicated, which is equal to 1 hour, 1 day, 1 month and 1 year. This is an obvious point in the decision to build the Third Temple, because it is the Temple that will allow the elect to come together.

Oh, this day, it turns out, is the day of 9 Av, when, according to the Jewish tradition, the Messiah should be born. It really is like a birth: when the leaders of Israel make the historic decision to build a Temple for the gathering of the elect. From that day on, we must consider the Tree of Life planted in the land of Israel. Yes, and this is the moment of the birth of a child by a woman, from the 12th chapter of Revelation.

1335 days is the time interval between Tu B'Shvat and Simchat Torah, and this number of days does not happen for every year, but about once every three years. There is a hidden mystery in this, containing a hint of the Name of God, which is embodied in the tribes of Israel.

The 2300 evenings and mornings puzzle also has a solution: after the meeting of the elect, they will be rejected by Christianity and not accepted by Judaism. Thus, both of these religions will be at the mercy of the abomination of desolation, rejecting God, who appeared in the Temple in the flesh of saints.

But Judaism will reject both the new Temple with the saints and Jesus Christ, and the Christian religion will only be against this Temple and those who appear there on behalf of God. "Evening" is Jesus Christ, who died in the evening, and "morning" is the beginning of the Day of the Lord, which will last 1000 years, that is, people who will appear as the chosen ones is the "morning sacrifice".

So, the Third Temple will not be a place for the "abomination of desolation", but on the contrary, after the exodus of the elect from the denominations of Christianity, those who remain will manifest this abomination, rejecting God who appeared in this Temple.

The summation of evenings and mornings will initially overlap in Judaism and Christianity, but after the repentance of Judaism, which will come with the 6th vial of God's wrath, only the summation of mornings will remain for the unrepentant Christian religion.

Since the prophecy of Daniel indicates to us the number of days of the abomination of desolation for the Christian religion, 1290, we can determine the moment of repentance of Judaism: the 17th day of the month Tammuz.

Naturally, the kingdom of the beast by that time should have already become gloomy, so the period of 42 months should end a little earlier, with the 5th vial of anger. Considering the lunar months, from new moon to new moon, we determine the beginning of the beast's omnipotence: Christmas and at the same time the 7th day of Hanukkah. Both of these holidays are loved by people, but they are completely far from the Lord's feasts.

Even more significant is the coincidence of the moment when the decision to build the Temple will be made, with the expiration of a time period of 3444 years and 4 months after the completion of the crossing of the Jordan by the Israelites under the leadership of Joshua. This period of time is precisely determined by the "voices of the seven thunders", which made it possible to calculate the sequence of the jubilees of Israel.

For your reference, the diagram shows the period of the prophecy of the two witnesses, who are the two olives from the 11th chapter of Romans. The time of the beginning of the prophecy of the first "olive tree" corresponds to the construction of the 2nd Temple. The time of the end of the prophecy of the second "olive" corresponds to the second earthquake, which was ignored by a dead religion, in which there are no prophets.

390 Sabbath years from the disappearance of Ephraim (Northern Kingdom) to the 70th jubilee of Israel. 40 jubilees from Jesus' death to 70th jubilee of Israel. The expiration of these periods, when the prophet Ezekiel was bound by the bonds (chapter 4), shows in Rosh Hashanah 2008, when 3 and 1/2 years elapsed after Passover 2005, when two witnesses died. In Rosh Hashanah there was a record in history drop in the Dow Jones index, by 777 points, that is, a movement towards the collapse of the existing world began, the power of God began to push us towards the implementation of the Third Temple and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Of course, we would like to know the exact time of the 1st seal. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to find any clues in Scripture for this. Presumably, before the beginning of the Saturday year (2021/2022), the first four seals should be removed: inception of the idea of the Temple  as a meeting place for the elect; the sword of God's word directed against the fellows; an abundance of spirit and joy with a deficiency of the strengthening Word; wolves in sheep's clothing, working miracles to seduce, if possible, the elect.

I drew this scheme as a cheat sheet to help students of the Scripture. This can help us navigate during the Judgment, but it cannot replace the exam that we will all take before the Lord God.

http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php?attachments/70th_daniel-png.127221/

Latter day Saints and Pentecostals and Charismtic Catholics can potentially take an important step toward each other through the application of some aspects of Spiritual Warfare?

One thing that I am sure I learned from you Dr. Zadai was that I should pronounce the blood of Yeshua - Jesus on the four walls of buildings that I work in....... (or in the hospital room where my brother was)...... and of course our own home..... and I really did notice changes afterwards. I recently did it for my wife's church.... .and I seem to notice a difference afterwards there as well. That principle is something that any of us can apply anywhere...... and the kingdom and dominion of Messian Yeshua - Jesus will be increased and increased and increased.... "Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." (Isaiah 9:7)

Edited by DennisTate
spelling

Latter day Saints, Pentecostals and Charismatic Catholics might all be able to come together regarding spiritual warfare and there are comments after the 1:15:00 mark in this video that could be something that you come together regarding? (Hint.... Masons).....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwRLyOtp7LA

Many  Pentecostals... .and many Latter day Saints share an interest in the way that Jewish scholars look at how latter day events will work out.  

For example... Orthodox Jewish scholar Yair Davidiy wrote an article on the person Jews refer to as "messiah son of Joseph" .... .who many Latter day Saints within fifty years may recognize as having been the final Elijah???????

The final Elijah has a massive To Do List according to the Roman Catholic Bible that many Pentecostals and many Latter day Saints both have read and taken seriously.

http://www.drbo.org/chapter/26048.htm

And Elias the prophet stood up, as a fire, and his word burnt like a torch. [2] He brought a famine upon them, and they that provoked him in their envy, were reduced to a small number, for they could not endure the commandments of the Lord. [3] By the word of the Lord he shut up the heaven, and he brought down fire from heaven thrice. [4] Thus was Elias magnified in his wondrous works. And who can glory like to thee? [5] Who raisedst up a dead man from below, from the lot of death, by the word of the Lord God.

[6] Who broughtest down kings to destruction, and brokest easily their power in pieces, and the glorious from their bed. [7] Who heardest judgment in Sina, and in Horeb the judgments of vengeance. [8] Who anointedst kings to penance, and madest prophets successors after thee. [9] Who wast taken up in a whirlwind of fire, in a chariot of fiery horses. [10] Who art registered in the judgments of times to appease the wrath of the Lord, to reconcile the heart of the father to the son, and to restore the tribes of Jacob.

Could gifted Latter day Saints and gifted Pentecostals be shown that the final Elijah and "moshiach ben Ephrayim" might be the same person as events transpire??????

(Yair Davidiy) :

Since the founding of the State of Israel in 1948 the USA has often helped protect the State of Israel from destruction. The USA has not however really helped Israel expand her borders. On the contrary the USA has often forced Israel to give up territories it had liberated and to constrict her borders, but maybe that will change. Maybe the USA and Britain will help Israel expand her borders in the future as the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH is supposed to do. Ingathers the Exiles “Kol HaTor” says [2.40] “His [i.e. Joseph’s] bow abode in strength” (Genesis 49;24). This should be an important principle for us. We have to stand obstinately strong in the holy work of gathering in the exiles which is the task of the first redeemer [i.e. of  the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH]. Purifies the Land of Israel “Kol HaTor” says [2.41] “And Joseph was governor over the land” (Genesis 42;6). This means he will overcome all the forces of impurity. This is one of the great tasks of the First Redeemer [of the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH]: to extirpate the spirit of impurity from the country by means of settling the Holy Land. When the Holy Land is not settled [with Israelites] a spirit of impurity settles over it.  [When the Holy Land is settled with Israelites the Land becomes pure]. Joshua ben Nun Was a Forerunner “Kol HaTor” says [2.44]

The First Redeemer [MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH] fights against Amalek with total warfare…[he fights against the forces of anti-Semitism]. This was the task of Joshua ben Nun who was [a forerunner and ancestor of] the Messiah Son of Joseph. Aroused by Elijah “Kol HaTor” says [2.71] “Behold I will send you my prophet Elijah…and he will return the hearts of the fathers to their sons” (Malachi 4). One of the tasks of Elijah is to arouse the spirit of the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH. Comment:

[Malachi 4:5] BEHOLD, I WILL SEND YOU ELIJAH THE PROPHET BEFORE THE COMING OF THE GREAT AND DREADFUL DAY OF THE LORD: [Malachi 4:6] AND HE SHALL TURN THE HEART OF THE FATHERS TO THE CHILDREN, AND THE HEART OF THE CHILDREN TO THEIR FATHERS, LEST I COME AND SMITE THE EARTH WITH A CURSE.

(Yair Davidiy)
https://www.britam.org/messiah.html

Edited by DennisTate
spelling

I know I may be blowing up the direction of this string, but, based on the title, two thoughts come to mind.

1. Yes, we can unite for particular causes. I've mentioned before that Rev. Jerry Falwell (Sr.) embraced LDS participation in his Moral Majority. It is easy to imagine Pentecostals, LDS, and perhaps even other faith communities finding common cause for religious liberty and social-moral efforts.

2. In terms of actual religious unity, I suspect that we can learn to be more civil, more respectful, more open to each other. We can stop with name-calling, and we can each ask the worst of our faith communities to cease with inappropriate opposition tactics and inflammatory attacks (and yes, Evangelicals--including Pentecostals--bare the greater guilt, probably by far). However, our doctrines remain very distinct, so I am not sure how much spiritual unity--other than mutual kindness and goodness--we can expect.

1 minute ago, prisonchaplain said:

I know I may be blowing up the direction of this string, but, based on the title, two thoughts come to mind.

1. Yes, we can unite for particular causes. I've mentioned before that Rev. Jerry Falwell (Sr.) embraced LDS participation in his Moral Majority. It is easy to imagine Pentecostals, LDS, and perhaps even other faith communities finding common cause for religious liberty and social-moral efforts.

2. In terms of actual religious unity, I suspect that we can learn to be more civil, more respectful, more open to each other. We can stop with name-calling, and we can each ask the worst of our faith communities to cease with inappropriate opposition tactics and inflammatory attacks (and yes, Evangelicals--including Pentecostals--bare the greater guilt, probably by far). However, our doctrines remain very distinct, so I am not sure how much spiritual unity--other than mutual kindness and goodness--we can expect.

Brilliantly stated!

I was truly impressed by the Alpha meetings that I was in with my wife about a decade ago.  The thought has often crossed my mind that I would have loved to see LDS  missionaries or church members at those meetings and........ i do see the possibility for LDS to be invited to Alpha meetings in the future perhaps even in my area of Nova Scotia, Canada.  

15 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

I could be wrong.... I often am... but I feel that near death experience accounts by both Latter day Saints as well as Pentecostals and by members of all denominations of Christianity are giving all of us some important common ground to work with.  

It seems to me that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus gave us a promise that He would meet with us and review our lives with us and judge us......... and also even assist us to judge ourselves after we die.  I assume that many near death experience accounts may have been actually death... .but then the person was resurrected and sent back on  a mission.  NDE accounts as of this time in 2020 impress me as being at least a partial if not very significant fulfillment of this promise.  

“These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father. (John 16:25)

I've heard of Alpha, and just visited to see who is endorsing it. When you have Rick Warren, Joyce Meyer, and dignitaries from mainline churches (including Catholic) approving, that's a good sign. As I understand it, one goal is to sift out what is basic or essential to Christianity.  While that's a worthy endeavor, the goal of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is to promote missing truths. The church's prophets have some distinct insights not shared by the rest of us. So, while both goals are worthy--striving to sift out non-essentials vs. helping God-worshippers to capture missing truths--I wonder if those two impulses can work simultaneously. My guess is that most LDS (I would be this way if I were a member) would want very much to proclaim, "This  is great, but I know some really great truths that everyone here would be so blessed to receive . . . "

13 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

I've heard of Alpha, and just visited to see who is endorsing it. When you have Rick Warren, Joyce Meyer, and dignitaries from mainline churches (including Catholic) approving, that's a good sign. As I understand it, one goal is to sift out what is basic or essential to Christianity.  While that's a worthy endeavor, the goal of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is to promote missing truths. The church's prophets have some distinct insights not shared by the rest of us. So, while both goals are worthy--striving to sift out non-essentials vs. helping God-worshippers to capture missing truths--I wonder if those two impulses can work simultaneously. My guess is that most LDS (I would be this way if I were a member) would want very much to proclaim, "This  is great, but I know some really great truths that everyone here would be so blessed to receive . . . "

What percentage of Pentecostals and other Christians do you think will be pleasantly surprised to read what the Latter day Saints teach about the state of the dead?

I was profoundly encouraged to find a group who understood how the deceased can actually progress in the afterlife and that a dogmatic heaven vs hell teaching is likely too simplistic.

Is a somewhat less dogmatic view of the afterlife as essential to Christianity as I personally feel that it is?

I do believe in a massive one billion soul harvest but..... I think that a dogmatic and over simplified teaching on the afterlife has been a major reason why so many people have turned to Agnosticism or full fledged Atheism.  

The Postmortal Spirit World

The spirits are classified according to the purity of their lives and their obedience to the will of the Lord while on earth. The righteous and the wicked are separated (see 1 Nephi 15:28–30), but the spirits may progress as they learn gospel principles and live in accordance with them. The spirits in paradise can teach the spirits in prison (see D&C 138).

17 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

Although I have not told you the specifics of my wife's scary dream from last night.... what do you think of the idea that although the fact that my wife is a gifted Pentecostal...... and yes.....  I plan to attend her church with her most Sundays in the future ...... but......  the very fact that Latter day Saints have such things as the following in their favour.......... it is only human that I would tend to research them more and more and more and more over the coming months and years??????

My wife had a rather scary nightmare last night..... I believe that her nightmare is a warning that I am personally headed away from Pentecostals........... I could be wrong..... but I believe that her scary dream fits with: On my Facebook wall I posted the following statement this morning....... ....

"Could Latter day Saints play a major ambassadorial role between Christianity and Judaism? Latter day Saints would tend to take the testimony of near death experiencer Rabbi Alon Anava very, very seriously whereas a significant percentage of Orthodox Christians would tend to be offended by what he experienced. Personally.... I consider that Rabbi Alon Anava's near death experiencer reminds me of Matthew chapter four and his conclusions and teachings afterwards remind me of Matthew chapters five, six and seven. I have asked myself if perhaps Rabbi Alon Anava could be the final Elijah or perhaps another extremely important latter day figure?" And I got back this brilliant response from one of the most prolific writers living in Israel......

Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz: .... "Well, considering that the Mormons are one of the very few sects that have never killed, exiled, or set out to target Jews for conversion, maybe they are the key." (Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz)

Edited by DennisTate
add a sentence....

3 hours ago, DennisTate said:

What percentage of Pentecostals and other Christians do you think will be pleasantly surprised to read what the Latter day Saints teach about the state of the dead?

Well...err...:::cough:::...that would be one of those doctrinal distinctives. Standard Pentecostal teaching remains that once the soul dies it's heaven or hell. So, those who would be pleasantly surprised by the LDS teaching on the state of the dead are not a vanguard of greater unity--they are possible converts.

51 minutes ago, DennisTate said:

Although I have not told you the specifics of my wife's scary dream from last night.... what do you think of the idea that although the fact that my wife is a gifted Pentecostal...... and yes.....  I plan to attend her church with her most Sundays in the future ...... but......  the very fact that Latter day Saints have such things as the following in their favour.......... it is only human that I would tend to research them more and more and more and more over the coming months and years??????

I have no discernment about the dream. However, of course I believe that in the last days God will give dreams and visions. That said, if a dream brings a sense of dread and fear, it may not be from God. She would need to discern that--perhaps with your help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 2:10 PM, prisonchaplain said:

I have no discernment about the dream. However, of course I believe that in the last days God will give dreams and visions. That said, if a dream brings a sense of dread and fear, it may not be from God. She would need to discern that--perhaps with your help.

Pastor RicK Joyner had a series of visionary dreams back in 1994 and 1994 that became three books, The Final Quest, The Call and The Torch and the Sword.  The Torch and the Sword seems to fit perfectly with the ideas that Latter day Saints have on the afterlife.  Latte day Saints teach that preaching and teaching goes on in the afterlife... and the entire book, The Torch and the Sword, seems to be on that theme.  

I like Pastor Rick's courage at explaining how backslidden and lukewarm the bulk of the modern church has became:

The Evil Army

I saw a demonic army so large that it stretched as far as I could see. It was separated into divisions, with each carrying a different banner. The foremost and most powerful divisions were Pride, Self righteousness, Respectability, Selfish Ambition, and Unrighteous Judgment, but the largest of all was Jealousy. The leader of this vast army was the Accuser of the Brethren himself. I knew that there were many more evil divisions beyond my scope of vision, but these were the vanguard of this terrible horde from hell that was now being released against the church.

The weapons carried by this horde had names on them: the swords were named Intimidation; the spears were named Treachery; and their arrows were named Accusations, Gossip, Slander and Faultfinding. Scouts and smaller companies of demons with such names as Rejection, Bitterness, Impatience, Un-forgiveness and Lust were sent in advance of this army to prepare for the main attack. I knew in my heart that the church had never faced anything like this before.

The main assignment of this army was to cause division. It was sent to attack every level of relationship-churches with each other, congregations with their pastors, husbands and wives, children and parents, and even children with each other. The scouts were sent to locate the openings in churches, families or individuals that rejection, bitterness, lust, etc., could exploit and make a larger breech for the divisions that were coming.

The most shocking part of this vision was that this horde was not riding on horses, but on Christians! Most of them were well-dressed, respectable, and had the appearance of being refined and educated. These were Christians who had opened themselves to the powers of darkness to such a degree that the enemy could use them and they would think that they were being used by God. The Accuser knows that a house divided cannot stand, and this army represented his ultimate attempt to bring such complete division to the church that she would completely fall from grace.

The Prisoners (The Final Quest, the opening paragraphs by Rick Joyner)

Edited by DennisTate
spelling

Unity can be problematic. Two sides "water down" to an anemic common denominator. Now they are together, but are weaker than they were apart. Open-minded/heartedness, on the other hand, can be so powerful. Seventh Day Adventists used to be rejected and opposed by most Evangelicals. Today, they are mostly accepted, even though the remain committed to Sabbath-keeping on Saturdays. The Worldwide Church of God, on the other hand, went through horrific internal strife, once its founding leader died. Ultimately, it broke into many sects. However, with God's anointing, and with the loving friendship of Evangelicals with many leaders of that movement, the largest sect (probably over 80% of the movement as a whole) renounced its separatists distinctives and became a fully-orthodox Evangelical church. I'm not sure the Adventists were seeking the level of acceptance they ultimately achieved. Neither do I suspect that Evangelicals were plotting to co-opt the WWCOG. These theological transformations happened because of God's move and some strong, open-minded/hearted relationships.

I do not have anyone here on a spiritual target list. Further, while I am sure many would love to see me convert, none here have openly targeted me (no PMs or sustained and targeted posts of that nature). God's truth will always draw his lovers. We simply bless each other as best we can and let God take care of the rest. If big changes take place, He gets all the glory.

On 10/11/2020 at 9:42 PM, prisonchaplain said:

Unity can be problematic. Two sides "water down" to an anemic common denominator. Now they are together, but are weaker than they were apart. Open-minded/heartedness, on the other hand, can be so powerful. Seventh Day Adventists used to be rejected and opposed by most Evangelicals. Today, they are mostly accepted, even though the remain committed to Sabbath-keeping on Saturdays. The Worldwide Church of God, on the other hand, went through horrific internal strife, once its founding leader died. Ultimately, it broke into many sects. However, with God's anointing, and with the loving friendship of Evangelicals with many leaders of that movement, the largest sect (probably over 80% of the movement as a whole) renounced its separatists distinctives and became a fully-orthodox Evangelical church. I'm not sure the Adventists were seeking the level of acceptance they ultimately achieved. Neither do I suspect that Evangelicals were plotting to co-opt the WWCOG. These theological transformations happened because of God's move and some strong, open-minded/hearted relationships.

I do not have anyone here on a spiritual target list. Further, while I am sure many would love to see me convert, none here have openly targeted me (no PMs or sustained and targeted posts of that nature). God's truth will always draw his lovers. We simply bless each other as best we can and let God take care of the rest. If big changes take place, He gets all the glory.

Near death experiencer Bob Jones was shown a ONE BILLION soul harvest was coming...... and I feel strongly that Jesus wants Latter day Saints and other Christians to cooperate toward this astonishing event.

Pastor Bob Jones mentored Pastor Rick Joyner who wrote the book "Torch and the Sword" that in my opinion seems to fit perfectly with some powerful statements in "Gospel Principles."

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-41-the-postmortal-spirit-world?lang=eng

Chapter 41

The Postmortal Spirit World

“Now this is the state of the souls of the wicked, yea, in darkness, and a state of awful, fearful looking for the fiery indignation of the wrath of God upon them; thus they remain in this state, as well as the righteous in paradise, until the time of their resurrection” (Alma 40:12–14).

The spirits are classified according to the purity of their lives and their obedience to the will of the Lord while on earth. The righteous and the wicked are separated (see 1 Nephi 15:28–30), but the spirits may progress as they learn gospel principles and live in accordance with them. The spirits in paradise can teach the spirits in prison (see D&C 138).

English is my first language and I have listened to "The Torch and the Sword" over and over again, (partly to attempt to better understand the astonishing spiritual gifts that my gifted Ecuadorian Pentecostal wife has), and it sure seems to me that the visionary dream given to Pastor Rick Joyner back in 1994 and 1995 parallels LDS teachings on the state of the dead in so many ways!

If Latter day Saints come up with an outreach to the nation of Israel that is popular in Israel........ then Latter day Saints would have the attention of most Pentecostals.....

Please imagine Latter day Saint young guys..... involved in a proposed treaty between the LDS and the nation of Israel........ .and two Latter day Saint young guys........ are in a Sumo style circle..... .if they can push the two or three or four young Israeli girls out of circle... .these LDS missionaries to Israel........ serve the time in the IDF for these Israeli girls????????? This idea has serious artistic value.... .and diplomatic value.......... and yes.. .economic value..... this is one that ......  may be interested in.........
Dennis Tate
tremendous pressure would be on these young Latter day Saints to represent their church with honour.... and wisdom.... and courage...... and defend Israel like Samson did......

And the REFEREES for this event should be from Japan....

http://beta.moshiach.com/tribes/ns/5.html
Edited by DennisTate
add link....

On 9/29/2020 at 2:10 PM, prisonchaplain said:

I woke up this morning with another dream in mind from back in 1973 that has me thinking about Latter day Saint missionaries perhaps using some aspects of this dream to launch their careers as audio - video news commentators in rural America and rural Canada.

"There will be a sudden rush to buy farms, ranches, and homes in the country.

Thousands will attempt to flee from cities, hoping that a return to the land and

nature will provide security. There will be a growing urge to "get away from it

all"---and much money will be invested in land and acreage in rural areas by

people who have secret dreams of raising their own food and cattle and of

becoming self-supporting. The price of open rural land will continue to soar.

Acreage within 100 miles of most major cities will skyrocket out of reach to

all but syndicates." (David Wilkerson, The Vision, page 18,19).

Pastor David Wilkerson wrote a book entitled "The Vision" that to him was scary indeed but.... there may be a way to turn this around

as Latter day Saints and Pentecostals and other Christian churches that have participated in the Alpha Program led by Anglican

pastor Dr. Nicky Gumble come together more and more and more over the coming years.  Yes... I am hoping to see LDS missionaries and some

members of the local ward invited to the next Alpha program in my area.  

What I have in mind is a news channel where the bulk of the audio - video journalists are Latter day Saint missionaries who tend to dress up in white shirts and ties to do their interviews and they are covering events that may have a mostly Pentecostal flavour.

Here is a link from a Pentecostal pastor that indicates that Jesus... .wants Latter day Saint missionaries to consider a career in audio - video journalism that they fit into beautifully after they have finished their two years of missionary work........... but even using this idea to assist them as they raise their savings that they use to support themselves during their missionary term is also interesting.

It is my theory that there is validity in this prediction from a gifted Pentecostal author that can be used as a foundation to set in motion the transformation of Latter day Saint and Pentecostal and Evangelical Christian relations over time:

(Mark Taylor, sordrescue  .com  )  :  07-07-17 Satan's Frequency

The Spirit of God says, "Why are you tuned into the enemy's frequency? Why aren't you tuned into mine? Why do you listen to the doom and gloom? Do you not realize that they are tuned into the enemy's airwaves? I said go through out all the earth and preach my gospel, the good news! Then why is there so much doom and gloom? Why are you siding and agreeing with the enemies plans? Repent! You give more airtime to the enemies plans than mine, thus empowering his plans. Did I not say that life and death are in the power of the tongue? Then speak life! Why are my leaders searing the consciousness of my people with doom and gloom teaching? You who preach doom and gloom are robbing my people of hope and the will to fight. You are no longer saving lives but taking them. How you might ask? Your doom and gloom messages have robbed them of hope to the point of suicide! You prophets and pastors of doom and gloom now have blood on your hands! You are prophesying your own doom! Repent!"

The Spirit of God says, "The news media, the news media, you have become a stench unto my nostrils, there is no spirit of truth in you. I the Lord God will clean out the news media and bring back truth. The sign will be given when news outlets will go down, bankrupt, and I the Lord God will rebuild them using my righteous people to restore them. I am calling on my Army, those who are chosen to be journalists, investors, to get ready to take your place as I tear down and rebuild my news media."

The Spirit of God says, "Where are my billionaires and millionaires? Why are you not buying out these news outlets and taking control? That money I gave you was for my kingdom, to advance my kingdom in all areas of influence. Now is the time to move into my news media! I will now take back what belongs to me using my Army and the finances I have given them. Rise up my Army and take back my news media so the spirit of truth will begin to flow. This is a fight the enemy does not want to see, he has held this stronghold for too long and his time is up. Take this fight to the enemy and my Army will be victorious and my media will be brought back to me."   (Mark Taylor, sordrescue  .com  )  :  07-07-17 Satan's Frequency )

Yes... I am thinking that a station where the audio video journalists are mostly Latter day Saints asking more and more questions to find out what is going on has value and... an Exodus of Americans and Canadians from the cities to rural America and Canada could even become a theme for some of their news segments?!

Edited by DennisTate
spelling