Modest Temple Dresses

Guest Iggy

Thought I would update this. I finally found a modest 100% cotton Temple dress. Found it at Dressed In White. This is it: https://www.dressedinwhite.com/www/product.do?pid=1047

I have ordered it and should be receiving it in about another week. After looking all over for one, then looking at patterns and fabrics, I was so happy to find one that costs pretty much what I would have had to spend on fabric, pattern and a seamstress.

You look like you are going to wear a bleached Laura Ashley. :P Very pretty.

Love,

Elphaba, who loves Laura Ashley, but don't tell anyone, cuz it ruins my rep.

I found LDS temple attire when searching for modest gowns, myself. I just read the Terms of Service and they said that a person shouldn't post a URL, so I won't, but just google "temple dress" and follow some links. They're everywhere, and some of them are in cotton or other breathable materials.

When you visit the Temple, before having had your endowments, just going to do Proxy Baptisms, do you have to purchase one of the Temple dresses, or can they be hired for the day?

I assume that you can attend the temple, just to visit, wearing normal skirts/dresses?

When you visit the Temple, before having had your endowments, just going to do Proxy Baptisms, do you have to purchase one of the Temple dresses, or can they be hired for the day?

I assume that you can attend the temple, just to visit, wearing normal skirts/dresses?

You won't be changing into a Temple Dress. Wear Sunday clothes,then you will be taken to the Baptistry and given baptism clothes to wear. They will be along the same line as the outfit you wore when you were baptised. You should also wear white knickers- so that they don't show through the white jump suit.

I can't do baptisms because of my ears, but I help guide the young women and help them change and shower afterwords.

You can walk on the Temple grounds, and I do believe that you can enter the Temple and stay in the front lobby. It is recommended that you wear Sunday clothes. Unless you are among a volunteer work crew who is going to clean the Temple grounds, then wear whatever they recommend. Jeans, stout shoes, long sleeved sturdy shirts.

Thought I would update this. I finally found a modest 100% cotton Temple dress. Found it at Dressed In White. This is it: https://www.dressedinwhite.com/www/product.do?pid=1047

I have ordered it and should be receiving it in about another week. After looking all over for one, then looking at patterns and fabrics, I was so happy to find one that costs pretty much what I would have had to spend on fabric, pattern and a seamstress.

That's a beautiful dress Iggy.

Yeah, guess they all should be modest.

I haven't even got it yet. What a story that one is. I had it sent to my work place, because my mail carrier is a ditz and generally does not deliver packages to me. Where she sends them is still unknown, but the packages my sisters have sent me have never reached me.

Well, the post office has new delivery people. The person who delivers mail to the office didn't know my name so he sent the package back. This package was to be signed for- He signed for it and sent it back.

In the meantime I have contacted Dressed In White, they don't know what is going on. The local post office claims it was delivered yet won't tell me who signed for it, or even who delivered it. USPS via on-line and the 1.800 number are looking for it.

Finally I get an email from Dressed In White. They have it back. I ask them to send it to me via UPS or Fed Ex. I will pay the difference. They send it UPS- it will be delivered to the office on Mon.

Saturday afternoon I get a phone call finally from the local post office( 4 days after I called in my complaint!!) stating the the postal carrier sent it back in error, they will deliver it for no extra charge, please call them and tell them what I want them to do.

On Monday I am calling them and telling them that what I want is the postal shipping fee that Dressed in White paid to them be refunded. They took that fee and did not deliver. Then I am telling them they are fired!

In my emails to USPS Corporate I fired them too. They asked if I felt it was the fault of the postal person. I said YES, he/she claimed to have delivered it, got a signature but did NOT deliver. They LIED. I also told them that if I could sue them I would. In a New York minute I would sue them.

I am never using the USPS again unless I am forced to. I have four bills that are mailed to us. I am going to go on-line and pay that way. My bank can mail them, I refuse to. It is a free service for me.

This Christmas will be the last year I mail out cards. I will tell every one that in the future all holiday cards will be sent via email.

Boycott the USPS- go Email!!

UPS delivered my dress yesterday. They tried to deliver it Saturday but the office was closed.

It is beautiful- exactly what I was looking for. Now to wash it, then hem it. I think I will get some eyelet lace- 4 inch thick and put that on my slip and then hem the dress up above the lace on the slip! I have seen that before and really liked the look of it.

• 1 year later...