Take A Quiz

I am posting a quiz for all who wish to take it. The quiz is about the Tree of Life vision recorded by Nephi in the Book of Mormon. I will post the answers in my profile. See how you do:

1) The story of the Tree of Life comes from a _________ given to Lehi.

A) prophecy

B ) fable

C) dream

D) legend

E) myth

2) In Lehi's dream he saw a tree with fruit that was:

A) white

B ) delicious like apples

C) bright like the sun

D) yellow

E) singing

3) As Nephi wrote in the scriptures, when Lehi partook of the fruit it filled his soul with:

A) "hunger"

B ) "faith"

C) "great happiness"

D) "sorrow"

E) "great joy"

4) In his dream, Lehi saw Sariah, Sam and Nephi, and called to them to:

A) stay where they were because it was too dangerous

B ) come and partake of the fruit

C) go and find Laman and Lemuel

D) come and help him pick the fruit

E) go and find the great and spacious building

5) Leading to the tree of life was a strait and narrow path with a:

A) gold railing

B ) wooden banister

C) rod of iron

D) fence

E) coat of many colors

6) When Nephi, Sam, and Sariah heard Lehi call to them they:

A) came and partook of the fruit

B ) refused to come and eat

C) didn't know which path to take

D) wouldn't come without Laman and Lemuel

E) cried out in agony and fell into the darkness

7) In the dream, there arose a great:

A) thunderstorm

B ) hail storm

C) blizzard

D) mist of darkness

E) lamp

8) Also in Lehi's dream there was a __________ filled with people.

A) magical castle

B ) small and humble house

C) great and spacious building

D) temple of God

E) great and spacious cloud

9) The great and spacious building:

A) caught fire

B ) disappeared

C) was lifted into heaven

D) had people inside dressed in rags

E) fell and was destroyed

10) The river of water in Lehi's dream represents:

A) a gulf which separated the wicked from the tree of life.

B ) a rushing river which rushes into eternal life.

C) great joy.

D) an awful hell prepared for the wicked.

E) Both A and C

10 out of 10. :D But I think I cheated. I followed the counsel given yesterday and began studying with the Preach My Gospel manual (which I happened to have at home) and the first activity suggests studying the tree of life vision.

How is that cheating? Part of the purpose of this quiz is to get people to study the tree of life vision.

Hi Everyone... I am new, but this thread caught my eyes as I love Lehi's dream. I thought I would just add a little addition for those of you who may be continuing to study this amazining theophany. L@@k for the wonderful temple symbolism throughout this dream as it is connected then to Nephi's desire to also see and know what his father did see and know. Notice how the main items (or symbols) of the dream are then taken into Nephi's experience and are then explained in a much more panoramic way, but still maintain a very personal application. Very very temple-like. You will also notice a pattern or path in the dialogue IF you are very observant as was Nephi, when told to LOOK and he beheld...

Enjoy,

gvr ;)

9 out of 10. That last one got me. :P

I hadn't studied, but I was under the impression that because of the mist of temptation, the only path you could see while lingering in that mist was the spacious building of Satan's angels. If you followed them too far, you would eventually meet with the river, which distinguishes wickedness.

I should study more, I s'pose.

9 out of 10. That last one got me. :P

I hadn't studied, but I was under the impression that because of the mist of temptation, the only path you could see while lingering in that mist was the spacious building of Satan's angels. If you followed them too far, you would eventually meet with the river, which distinguishes wickedness.

I should study more, I s'pose.

If you read I Nephi Chapter 8:

31 And he also saw other multitudes feeling their way towards that great and spacious building.

32 And it came to pass that many were drowned in the depths of the fountain; and many were lost from his view, wandering in strange roads.

The people in the mist of darkness cannot see anything. Many in the mists are feeling (or groping) their way towards the great and spacious building. And many who are seeking for the pride of the children of men and vain imaginations end up drowning in the filthy water of the rushing river.

um.... #10 is A....

I Nephi Chapter 15

27 And I said unto them that the water which my father saw was filthiness; and so much was his mind swallowed up in other things that he beheld not the filthiness of the water.

28 And I said unto them that it was an awful gulf, which separated the wicked from the tree of life, and also from the saints of God.

29 And I said unto them that it was a representation of that awful hell, which the angel said unto me was prepared for the wicked.