Hymnal Update?

mikbone

Seems like we have been waiting awhile.  Pretty sure some temples have been announced, built and dedicated sooner.

We gonna get any updates this weekend during General Conference?

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/liahona/2020/11/news-of-the-church/update-on-the-hymnbook-revision?lang=eng

Edited by mikbone

Some thoughts about general conference.   Today the general brethren will meet in a special fast and testimony meeting directly related to conference.  In the past this meeting was held in the upper assembly room of the Salt Lake Temple.  I do not know where it will be held today – perhaps in the conference center.  I am impressed that our general authorities are approaching conference in the attitude of fasting and prayer.  Members ought to as well.

I am of the belief that there will be specific revelation for the Saints that detail important and necessary revelations specific to the next 6 months.  I also believe that such specific revelations will be testified to by the spirit but only on the condition that an individual Saint is prepared to receive it.

We are living in troubled times, and I expect both warnings and comfort to be given to the Saints concerning specific needs of our time and place.  But I do not expect such things to be generally understood generally.

The Traveler

10 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Some thoughts about general conference.   Today the general brethren will meet in a special fast and testimony meeting directly related to conference.  In the past this meeting was held in the upper assembly room of the Salt Lake Temple.  I do not know where it will be held today – perhaps in the conference center.  I am impressed that our general authorities are approaching conference in the attitude of fasting and prayer.  Members ought to as well.

[Tangent] I understand that one of the upper floors of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building has been converted for use by the Q15 in their weekly Thursday prayer circle meetings; a coworker of mine is friends with one of the subcontractors involved in the conversion.  Not sure if there’s a similar space specifically dedicated for gatherings of the entire Q15/70; but I imagine Temple Square has several spaces that could do in a pinch (the JSMB’s Legacy Theater or the chapel in the old ballroom, for example).

Edited by Just_A_Guy