Yet another thought from something I'm mulling over

Long story short, I'm tinkering with a new tabletop role-playing game system. After a number of strange twists and turns, I've come up with a character that I might or might not just do fiction of if I don't use him as a non-player character. 

On one hand, the guy is a hardcore military commando who is most famous for his nigh unto superhuman ability to get inside enemy facilities and just grab at his leisure. The bad guys have a new anti-aircraft missile and you want him to gather information on it? He'll find an attack jeep armed with the missiles, the manual for the jeep, the manual for the missiles, the digital files for the above, the driver of the jeep, the mechanic who maintains the jeep, the armorer who works on the missiles, a sack of firing pins he pulled out of the rifles in their armory, a pair of hostages he discovered, a case of blueberry muffins, and a jukebox... and he'll make it all fit. High command has long since given up on trying to figure out how he does it and are just grateful he's on their side. 

On the other hand, he has a degree in theology & has been authorized by Salt Lake City to serve as serviceman's group leader, which is basically "if your unit takes the field, you can act as a bishop for the members if there's no designated chaplain who is a member of the church". 

How would you feel if this guy was your bishop? 

18 hours ago, Ironhold said:

Long story short, I'm tinkering with a new tabletop role-playing game system. After a number of strange twists and turns, I've come up with a character that I might or might not just do fiction of if I don't use him as a non-player character. 

On one hand, the guy is a hardcore military commando who is most famous for his nigh unto superhuman ability to get inside enemy facilities and just grab at his leisure. The bad guys have a new anti-aircraft missile and you want him to gather information on it? He'll find an attack jeep armed with the missiles, the manual for the jeep, the manual for the missiles, the digital files for the above, the driver of the jeep, the mechanic who maintains the jeep, the armorer who works on the missiles, a sack of firing pins he pulled out of the rifles in their armory, a pair of hostages he discovered, a case of blueberry muffins, and a jukebox... and he'll make it all fit. High command has long since given up on trying to figure out how he does it and are just grateful he's on their side. 

On the other hand, he has a degree in theology & has been authorized by Salt Lake City to serve as serviceman's group leader, which is basically "if your unit takes the field, you can act as a bishop for the members if there's no designated chaplain who is a member of the church". 

How would you feel if this guy was your bishop? 

Sounds kind of like Nephi retrieving the brass plates. 😃

I would have no problem with him as my bishop. The Book of Mormon is full of warrior-prophets so a warrior-bishop is not a stretch.