Divine Currency and Economy

22 hours ago, Traveler said:

Going back to our original thought – beings of light are not comfortable in places given to darkness.  Likewise, beings of darkness are not comfortable in places of light and truth.  I believe this to be an element of our Agency.

I strongly agree with this.  Telestial people will have no desire to live in the 2nd Heaven or the 3rd Heaven with Christ or Heavenly Father.  The works they do in the different higher degrees of glory likely will not interest those in the 1st Heaven.

And I still believe there are hundreds of degrees of glory in the Telestial Kingdom according to what I have read in Doctrine & Covenants section 76.

"And the glory of the telestial is one, even as the glory of the stars is one; for as one star differs from another star in glory, even so differs one from another in glory in the telestial world."  -- Doctrine & Covenants 76:98

Edited by Still_Small_Voice

4 hours ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

I strongly agree with this.  Telestial people will have no desire to live in the 2nd Heaven or the 3rd Heaven with Christ or Heavenly Father.  The works they do in the different higher degrees of glory likely will not interest those in the 1st Heaven.

And I still believe there are hundreds of degrees of glory in the Telestial Kingdom according to what I have read in Doctrine & Covenants section 76.

"And the glory of the telestial is one, even as the glory of the stars is one; for as one star differs from another star in glory, even so differs one from another in glory in the telestial world."  -- Doctrine & Covenants 76:98

I have heard rumors or ideas that those of higher glory will or can visit the places of lessor glory but not so much the other way around.  When we use the term “place”, I am not quite sure what that means.  Maybe like here on earth.  There are many levels of conventional glory that could be close by – like in the same neighborhood or even household.   There are many people that are uncomfortable attending church and especially being worthy and regular temple worshipers.   And yes, sometime those of such different worship glory live together in the same homes.  Families that are “sealed” for eternity – maybe of different glory?  And still sealed?

I do not know – rather I am speculating.   I am not sure what the benefit would be to be separated to different areas (super clusters, galaxies or planets) of the universe by glory.  I personally like variety.

The Traveler

On 5/13/2024 at 10:44 AM, Traveler said:

I have had troubles dealing with the book of Job and this interface with Satan.  It is my understanding that the book of Job is the earliest scripture to categorize the individual Satan by name and a unique entity.   It would seem that other early references were more symbolic than direct reference.  It had been my understanding that Satan (previously known as Lucifer) was forced to leave heaven and never return.  That his fallen state was fixed.  I have concluded that like many things in scripture there is more to what is being said than what is being said.

It does not appear to me that Satan was summoned.  Or that if he was summoned that he was against the summons.  He seems to show up with a previously determined agenda and was allowed to pursue his agenda as an affront towards G-d and that G-d willfully capitulates.  I mitigate this epoch in scripture to be more symbolic than factual.   In short there is much more deep below the surface to this.  It is for this reason, to see how you and others of the forum have dealt with a seemingly paradox of Satan making bargains before G-d that will affect the souls of man.  And that man is without any resemblance of agency or any choice in the matter.  But now we are getting deep into LDS doctrine concerning the pre-existence and the roll of agency and how that plays into our mortal journey of travelers in a strange land. 

The Traveler

I see it as literal, but also symbolic of how our own judgements will go before the judgement seat.  You will have the accuser, the advocate, and the Father.  The accuser will point out things (such as, he lived such an easy life, if it had been harder, he would have sinned...etc), which then the defender will point out how this is untrue. 

The trial is actually our mortality and our mortal life. 

And of course, the point is, none of us will get through this life/trial sinless.  Even the most perfect of us (who are not the Savior of course) will end up sinning in some way.