Sometimes I wish I was blind on a blind date....

I couldn't think of a better title. Every so often I get set up on a blind date. (we all have). I don't mind going on them.

What I have a hard time with is after the date. I realize at some point in time on the date that this probably isn't going to be "the one" (which I'm not really think of of) but I realize that the person is nice and all but I probably don't see much of a future here. (especially if there is a distance involved)

The problem is the people that set me up on the blind date what to know why I'm not going to go out with this person again (or even more, why aren't you getting married).

What do you tell the person (that probably well get back to the person that I took on the date)

Sometimes its just we didn't click, and sometimes it might just be i'm not attracted to the person (which is more then looks, personality has a part in it also).

So what do I tell people?

It's not you, it's me. LOL.

Actually saying nothing is the kindest of all. I find that if I stick to saying nothing people eventually come to accept that as a part of me and none of my words can go out to hurt others. A response that helps, "Hey if I knew the answer to that, I'd be married," is generally received.

Shake their hand and say, "It was nice to meet you!"

That's how I handled it when a co-worker nagged me to go country dancing with her friend who just came back from his mission. I had a concussion at the time. I had no idea how much spinning there would be. I don't think he thought I was his dream girl when I told him I had to stop before I threw-up. :D Oh, and I hate country music with a passion.

Most of the time I don't have a problem with the GIRL themselves. I think

the ones on the date understand when things worked or didn't work. My

problem is with the person that set me up. They feel like if it doesn't

work they have failed (at something). The hard part is how bold to be with

the person that set me up. I can tell them the truth, but how much is

going to get filtered out before it comes back to the person that I had the

date with.

Do I just tell these people it won't work. I didn't have a connection.

(that seem to ask more questions, well why is that? almost like they are

ready to try again...)

• 2 weeks later...