temple and salvation???

lostnfound

Someone on the forum said that "The temple is part of salvation" could someone explain this to me? No one on here has mentioned this in all the talk of faith/works for salvation conversations.

Jesus said to be perfect - I believe this is Matt 5:48. I would say this. Anyone that knows or has received the will of G-d concerning their life and what they should do and they deliberately and knowing do otherwise - deceive themselves if they think they will living in eternity with G-d.

The Traveler

The temple is a sacred place where baptisms for the dead are performed and where ordinances of exaltation are performed, such as eternal marriages (sealing).

Salvation for us begins at the gates of baptism, which is performed at any church (or where there is an appropriate amount of water where a church isn't available) by someone holding the authority to act in God's name .

The temple is a sacred place where baptisms for the dead are performed and where ordinances of exaltation are performed, such as eternal marriages (sealing).

Salvation for us begins at the gates of baptism, which is performed at any church (or where there is an appropriate amount of water where a church isn't available) by someone holding the authority to act in God's name .

so let me see if I understand this correctly...is it safe to say that for you salvation starts at baptism and continues into the ordinances to recieve the highest level of exlatation of the heavens. If you just stopped at baptisim you would get into heaven but not the highest level right?

you just stopped at baptisim you would get into heaven but not the highest level right?

Correct.

Part of gaining salvation is keeping covenants With Heavenly Father.

Baptism is the first covenant. There are others (For men gaining the Priesthood is a covenant).

To kind of in a way lift our life to a higher standered we make make covenants in the temple. It all is so we can learn to follow God's command, and prepare ourself for the next life.

Correct.

Part of gaining salvation is keeping covenants With Heavenly Father.

Baptism is the first covenant. There are others (For men gaining the Priesthood is a covenant).

To kind of in a way lift our life to a higher standered we make make covenants in the temple. It all is so we can learn to follow God's command, and prepare ourself for the next life.

What do you believe happens for you in the next life after you follow so hard to be perfect in all these things..???

What do you believe happens for you in the next life after you follow so hard to be perfect in all these things..???

Here are some Scriptures for you:

D&C 20: 14. 14 And those who receive it in faith, and work righteousness, shall receive a crown of eternal life;

1 Peter 5: 4

4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

D&C 84: 35-38

35 And also all they who receive this priesthood receive me, saith the Lord;

36 For he that receiveth my servants receiveth me;

37 And he that receiveth me receiveth my Father;

38 And he that receiveth my Father receiveth my Father’s kingdom; therefore all that my Father hath shall be given unto him.

Romans 8: 17

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Emphasis added to all.

I love the concept of being an "heir to god's power;" how moot is that? God is immortal thus his heirs never gain any power, just a title. Unless god's going to kick off sometime in the future...

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

Joint-heirs with Christ, and heirs to God isn't used in the sense of an heir to a throne, where you get to be King when you father kicks the bucket.

Rather, it means that we will be privy to His knowledge, acting in all things under His authority, having Eternal Life, we will have power.

Princes can act with authority, as royal heirs... Yet what their father says still goes.