Jesus the Christ

Jenamarie

Just finished reading this today! Took me a MONTH!!! (I normally read books of equal length in a week or less!) And in my quest for a Testimony it has been by far the most helpful book for me (after the Scriptures, obviously ;) ). I love how it laid out Christ's life from Pre-existance to looking forward to the Second Coming, and put it all in context. It has made reading the four Gospels more enriching. Really just a great, meaty book! :lol:

I read it a few times while on my mission.

I love the part where it talks about how Jesus' progress was unhindered because he was not weighed down by sin. This idea has stuck with me through the years.

• 1 year later...

Another good set of books is The Messiah series by Bruce R. McConkie.

I read them years ago but remember them as being an excellent read.

Ben Raines

I loved Jesus the Christ but it took several times to actually get into it. I didn't actually get into it until after 100 pages or so.

I second the Messiah series by Bruce R McConkie. They are easier to read and very deep.

I like Bruce R McConkie's Doctrinal Commentary on the New Testament. I felt like I learned more about the New Testament reading that series than any other.

Na. Just having a little fun with the OP.

Good thing the person that started this thread is still around. Seeing how this thread was started in April of 2008. Or you would be having just a little fun with yourself. :P

Good thing the person that started this thread is still around. Seeing how this thread was started in April of 2008. Or you would be having just a little fun with yourself. :P

Well.....they don't call me "halfway" for nothing!:lol:

(could this perhaps be yet another reminder that this site needs to clean out the attic?)

I keep imagining the little gal from your avatar having read Jesus the Christ and being pretty darned impressed. :D

I enjoy it, I read it once before my mission and a couple times on it, I should pick it up again and make it my Sunday reading, its a better usage of my time than pestering folks here.