life and misadventures

Hey everyone,

I am new to the sight. In fact I am probably telling my age ( 50) but I have never even been on a forum before. I am a high school teacher of geography and American history. Sometimes I teach world history too. It is a small school in Louisiana so I have to teach several things. I am also the stake Releif Society president and the gospel doctrine teacher in my ward. I live with my 80 year old father because he is legally blind and I help take care of him. He helps take care of me too. I have two mini Dachshunds - Schnoodles and Kaiser. They are adorable. I also have a cat named Scrapper. No husband or kids but tons of nieces and nephews.

I joined the church when Iwas 9. My family was taught by the missionaries. The minute I heard the Joseph Smith story I knew it was true. I even started to cry and clapped my hands when the missionaries told me the story. Ever since that moment I have had a deep and firm testimony of Joseph Smith and his work of the resoration. I love Joseph Smith because I know that if I follow him and his teachings I will be led straight back to my Savior- Jesus Christ. I am a returned missionary - California Ventura Mission. I don't know what else to say. I love to read the scriptures. I read them and Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith every day. I love the new family search. I have been doing tons of geneolgy on it. I enjoy going to the temple but don't get to go too often because it is about 3 1/2 hours awy. But when I do go I get to do my own work. Well, I guess that is enough for now. I called this life nad misadventures because the name of my life history I wrote is called The Life and Misadventures of an American Saint.:D

HeatherMicahalk

Hi Heather, nice to meet you :)

I'm currently busy researching my family history, and can't wait for the opportunity to do the work for some of my ancestors..some of the research is quite difficult when you have ancestors with very common names, but I'm perservering.

Hope you enjoy your time at the site :)

Hi HeatherM welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy this site. Thanks for sharing your story. You can read testimonies on the testimony place and even write your own. Here is also agroup for genealogy, which gladly takes more members ibn it!! See you around!

Welcome Heather from Pinal County Arizona.

I see from your profile that you are from Hornbeck LA - I have a married into the family cousin who lives in Monroe LA. Actually she is like 3rd cousin several times removed. BUT she is family just the same.

We met via an Ancestry.com board. She is not a member of the Church. She was trying to find relatives of her husband so that her only son might get to know his father's family.

Anyway, welcome and hope you like it here.

• 2 weeks later...