Dreams, Visions of the Last Days?

Mullenite

Is it actually possible to know MORE about what may be coming in the near future?

Perhaps together we can sure are dreams, visions, that lead up to this prophesied time of chaos and darkness. Such knowledge would certainly help us to better prepare for what is coming, and perhaps even give us some real insight into the very nature of what is coming.

WE HAVE BEEN TOLD REPEATEDLY by Prophets and Apostles for over 100 years to prepare for sudden and often unexpected calamities that will happen many years before the actual return of the Savior.

In the scriptures, three wars are described during the last days (the 3 great Woes):

a strange small 5 month war, a devastating 13 month world war, (which is particularly severe in America and the other Gentile nations) and the final 3 ½ year Armageddon war in Israel that precede the actual 2nd Coming of the Savior.

President Hinckley, in 2001 General Conference, quoted Joel’s prophecy saying it had been fulfilled: “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.”

The place was Valley Forge in the winter of 1777, shortly after the signing of the "Declaration of Independence" the American forces (greatly outnumbered) were fighting a against the British (the most powerful nation in the world). Some believe that only 3% of the American people took part in the struggle for independence, and many aided the British cause by giving them housing etc. Prevalent in the hearts and minds of the American people, was apathy, self-interests, uncertainty, and fear. It is well known that George Washington was a man of prayer and great courage as he would ride and lead his own troops into battle.

George Washington's vision is recorded at the Library of Congress

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE WORDS OF GEORGE WASHINGTON (THE FATHER OF AMERICA)

"This afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful female. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed, that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the cause of her presence. A second, a third and even a fourth time did I repeat my question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of her eyes.

"By this time I felt strange sensations spreading through me. I would have risen but the riveted gaze of the being before me rendered volition impossible. I assayed once more to address her, but my tongue had become useless, as though it had become paralyzed.

"A new influence, mysterious, potent, irresistible, took possession of me. All I could do was to gaze steadily, vacantly at my unknown visitor, Gradually the surrounding atmosphere seemed as if it had become filled with sensations, and luminous. Everything about me seemed to rarify, the mysterious visitor herself becoming more airy and yet more distinct to my sight than before. I now began to feel as one dying, or rather to experience the sensations which I have sometimes imagined accompany dissolution. I did not think, I did not reason, I did not move; all were alike impossible. I was only conscious of gazing fixedly, vacantly at my companion.

"Presently I heard a voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn,' while at the same time my visitor extended her arm eastwardly. I now beheld a heavy white vapor at some distance rising fold upon fold. This gradually dissipated, and I looked upon a strange scene. Before me lay spread out in one vast plain all the countries of the world; Europe, Asia, Africa and America. I saw rolling and tossing between Europe and America the billows of the Atlantic, and between Asia and America lay the Pacific.

" `Son of the Republic' said the same mysterious voice as before, `look and learn,' At that moment I beheld a dark, shadowy being, like an angel, standing, or rather floating in mid-air, between Europe and America. Dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of each hand, he sprinkled some upon America with his right hand, while with his left hand he cast some on Europe. Immediately a cloud raised from these countries, and joined in mid-ocean. For a while it remained stationary, and then moved slowly westward, until it enveloped America in its murky folds. Sharp flashes of lightning gleamed through it at intervals, and I heard the smothered groans and cries of the American people.

"A second time the angel dipped water from the ocean, and sprinkled it out as before. The dark cloud was then drawn back to the ocean, in whose heaving billows it sank from view. A third time I heard the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn,' I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages and towns and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them.

Again, I heard the mysterious voice say, `Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh, look and learn.' At this the dark shadowy angel turned his face southward, and from Africa I saw an ill-omened spectre approach our land. It flitted slowly over every town and city of the latter. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other. As I continued looking I a saw bright angel, on whose brow rested a crown of light, on which was traced the word `Union,' bearing the American flag which he placed between the divided nation, and said, `Remember ye are brethren.' Instantly, the inhabitants, casting from them their weapons became friends once more, and united around the National Standard.

"And again I heard the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth, and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe,

Asia and Africa. Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene: from each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were soon joined into one. Throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men, who, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America. Our country was enveloped in this volume of cloud, and I saw these vast armies devastate the whole country and burn the villages, towns and cities that I beheld springing up. As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I heard again the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' When the voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth, and blew a long and fearful blast.

"Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shone the word Union, and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle.

"Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict, I heard the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious!

"Then once more I beheld the villages, towns and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice" `While the stars remain, and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the Union last.' And taking from his brow the crown on which blazoned the word `UNION,' he placed it upon the Standard while the people, kneeling down, said, `Amen.'

"The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappearing, I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, `Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted: three great perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful is the third, but in this greatest conflict the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land and the Union'. With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown to me the birth, progress and destiny of the United States

"Signs of the Times" [a few comments by Joseph Smith]

Time of Christ's Second Coming Not Revealed to Man

I have asked of the Lord concerning his coming; and while asking the Lord, he gave a sign and said, "In the days of Noah I set a bow in the heavens as a sign and token that in any year that the bow should be seen the Lord would not come; but there should be seed time and harvest during that year: but whenever you see the bow withdrawn, it shall be a token that there shall be famine, pestilence, and great distress among the nations, and that the coming of the Messiah is not far distant."

But I will take the responsibility upon myself to prophesy in the name of the Lord, that Christ will not come this year, as Father Miller has prophesied, for we have seen the bow; and I also prophesy, in the name of the Lord, that Christ will not come in forty years; and if God ever spoke by my mouth, he will not come in that length of time. Brethren, when you go home, write this down, that it may be remembered.

Jesus Christ never did reveal to any man the precise time that he would come. Go and read the scriptures, and you cannot find anything that specified the exact hour he would come; and all that say so are false teachers. (HC 6:254.)

Great Destructions Ready to Be Poured Out upon the Inhabitants of the Earth

The last time I spoke on this stand it was on the resurrection of the dead, when I promised to continue my remarks upon that subject. I still feel a desire to say something on this subject. Let us this very day begin anew, and now say, with all our hearts, we will forsake our sins and be righteous. I shall read the 24th chapter of Matthew, and give it a literal rendering and reading; and when it is rightly understood, it will be edifying. [He then read and translated it from the German.]

I thought the very oddity of its rendering would be edifying anyhow—"And it will preached be, the Gospel of the kingdom, in the whole world, to a witness over all people: and then will the end come." I will now read it in German [which he did, and many Germans who were present said he translated it correctly].

The Savior said when these tribulations should take place, it should be committed to a man who should be a witness over the whole world: the keys of knowledge, power and revelations should be revealed to a witness who should hold the testimony to the world. It has always been my province to dig up hidden mysteries—new things—for my hearers. Just at the time when some men think that I have no right to the keys of the priesthood—just at that time I have the greatest right. The Germans are an exalted people. The old German translators are the most correct—most honest of any of the translators; and therefore I get testimony to bear me out in the revelations that I have preached for the last fourteen years. The old German, Latin, Greek and Hebrew translations all say it is true: they cannot be impeached, and therefore I am in good company.

All the testimony is that the Lord in the last days would commit the keys of the priesthood to a witness over all people. Has the Gospel of the kingdom commenced in the last days? And will God take it from the man until he takes him himself? I have read it precisely as the words flowed from the lips of Jesus Christ. John the Revelator saw an angel flying through the midst of heaven, having the everlasting Gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth.

The scripture is ready to be fulfilled when great wars, famines, pestilence, great distress, judgments, &c., are ready to be poured out on the inhabitants of the earth. John saw the angel having the holy priesthood, who should preach the everlasting Gospel to all nations. God had an angel—a special messenger—ordained and prepared for that purpose in the last days. Woe, woe be to that man or set of men who lift up their hands against God and his witness in these last days: for they shall deceive almost the very chosen ones. (HC 6:363-64.)

Coming of the Son of Man Will Be Soon

When I contemplate the rapidity with which the great and glorious day of the coming of the Son of Man advances, when he shall come to receive his Saints unto himself, where they shall dwell in his presence, and be crowned with glory and immortality; when I consider that soon the heavens are to be shaken, and the earth tremble and reel to and fro; and that the heavens are to be unfolded as a scroll when it is rolled up; and that every mountain and island are to flee away, I cry out in my heart. What manner of persons ought we to be in all holy conversation and godliness! (HC 1:442.)

Bow in the Cloud Is a Sign

The Lord hath set the bow in the cloud for a sign that while it shall be seen, seed time and harvest, summer and winter shall not fail; but when it shall disappear, woe to that generation, for behold the end cometh quickly. (HC 5:402.)

Sign of the Son of Man

I saw a notice in the Chicago Express that one Hyrum Redding had seen the sign of the Son of Man, etc.; and I wrote to the editor of the Times and Seasons, as follows:

Sir:—Among the many signs of the times and other strange things which are continually agitating the minds of men, I notice a small speculation in the Chicago Express, upon the certificate of one Hyrum Redding, of Ogle county, Illinois, stating that he has seen the sign of the Son of Man as foretold in the 24th chapter of Matthew.

The slanderous allusion of a "seraglio" like the Grand Turk, which the editor applies to me, he may take to himself, for, "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh." Every honest man who has visited the city of Nauvoo since it existed, can bear record of better things, and place me in the front ranks of those who are known to do good for the sake of goodness, and show all liars, hypocrites and abominable creatures that, while vice sinks them down to darkness and woe, virtue exalts me and the Saints to light and immortality.

The editor, as well as some others, "thinks that Joe Smith has his match at last," because Mr. Redding thinks that he has seen the sign of the Son of Man. But I shall use my right, and declare that, notwithstanding Mr. Redding may have seen a wonderful appearance in the clouds one morning about sunrise (which is nothing very uncommon in the winter season), he has not seen the sign of the Son of Man, as foretold by Jesus, neither has any man, nor will any man, until after the sun shall have been darkened and the moon bathed in blood; for the Lord hath not shown me any such sign; and as the prophet saith, so it must be—"Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." (See Amos 3:7.) Therefore hear this, O earth: The Lord will not come to reign over the righteous, in this world in 1843, nor until everything for the Bridegroom is ready. Yours respectfully, Joseph Smith(HC 5:290-91.)

The Sign of the Son of Man

The devil knows many signs, but does not know the sign of the Son of Man, or Jesus. (HC 4:608.)

No Peace but in Zion and Stakes in Last Days

Men profess to prophesy. I will prophesy that the signs of the coming of the Son of Man are already commenced. One pestilence will desolate after another. We shall soon have war and bloodshed. The moon will be turned into blood. I testify of these things, and that the coming of the Son of Man is even at your doors. If our souls and our bodies are not looking forth for the coming of the Son of Man; and after we are dead, if we are not looking forth, we shall be among those who are calling for the rocks to fall upon them.

The hearts of the children of men will have to be turned to the fathers, and the fathers to the children, living or dead, to prepare them for the coming of the Son of Man. If Elijah did not come, the whole earth would be smitten.

There will be here and there a stake [of Zion] for the gathering of the Saints. Some may have cried peace, but the Saints and the world will have little peace from henceforth. Let this not hinder us from going to the stakes; for God has told us to flee, not dally, or we shall be scattered, one here, and another there. There your children shall be blessed, and you in the midst of friends where you may be blessed. The Gospel net gathers of every kind.

I prophesy, that that man who tarries after he has an opportunity of going, will be afflicted by the devil. Wars are at hand; we must not delay; but are not required to sacrifice. We ought to have the building up of Zion as our greatest object. When wars come, we shall have to flee to Zion. The cry is to make haste. The last revelation says, Ye shall not have time to have gone over the earth, until these things come. It will come as did the cholera, war, fires, and earthquakes; one pestilence after another, until the Ancient of Days comes, then judgment will be given to the Saints.

Whatever you may hear about me or Kirtland, take no notice of it; for if it be a place of refuge, the devil will use his greatest efforts to trap the Saints. You must make yourselves acquainted with those men who like Daniel pray three times a day toward the house of the Lord. Look to the Presidency and receive instruction. Every man who is afraid, covetous, will be taken in a snare. The time is soon coming, when no man will have any peace but in Zion and her stakes.

I saw men hunting the lives of their own sons, and brother murdering brother, women killing their own daughters, and daughters seeking the lives of their mothers. I saw armies arrayed against armies. I saw blood, desolation, fires. The Son of Man has said that the mother shall be against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother. These things are at our doors. They will follow the Saints of God from city to city. Satan will rage, and the spirit of the devil is now enraged. I know not how soon these things will take place; but with a view of them, shall I cry peace? No! I will lift up my voice and testify of them. How long you will have good crops, and the famine be kept off, I do not know; when the fig tree leaves, know then that the summer is nigh at hand. (HC 3:390-91.)

Comments on This Dispensation

. . .—a day in which the God of heaven has begun to restore the ancient order of his kingdom unto his servants and his people—a day in which all things are concurring to bring about the completion of the fulness of the Gospel, a fulness of the dispensation of dispensations, even the fulness of times; a day in which God has begun to make manifest and set in order in his Church those things which have been, and those things which the ancient prophets and wise men desired to see but died without beholding them; a day in which those things begin to be made manifest, which have been hid from before the foundation of the world, and which Jehovah has promised should be made known in his own due time unto his servants, to prepare the earth for the return of his glory, even a celestial glory, and a kingdom of priests and kings to God and the Lamb, forever, on Mount Zion, and with him the hundred and forty and four thousand whom John the Revelator saw, all of which is to come to pass in the restitution of all things. (HC 4:492-93.)

Dispensation of Fulness of Times

The Dispensation of the Fulness of Times will bring to light the things that have been revealed in all former dispensations; also other things that have not been before revealed. He shall send Elijah, the Prophet, etc., and restore all things in Christ. (HC 4:426.)

Lord's Work in These Last Days

(First Presidency Address)

The work of the Lord in these last days is one of vast magnitude and almost beyond the comprehension of mortals. Its glories are past description, and its grandeur unsurpassable. It is the theme which has animated the bosom of prophets and righteous men from the creation of the world down through every succeeding generation to the present time; and it is truly the Dispensation of the Fulness of Times, when all things which are in Christ Jesus, whether in heaven or on the earth, shall be gathered together in him, and when all things shall be restored, as spoken of by all the holy prophets since the world began; for in it will take place the glorious fulfillment of the promises made to the fathers, while the manifestations of the power of the Most High will be great, glorious, and sublime.

. . . The work which has to be accomplished in the last days is one of vast importance, and will call into action the energy, skill, talent, and ability of the Saints, so that it may roll forth with that glory and majesty described by the prophet; and will consequently require the concentration of the Saints, to accomplish work of such magnitude and grandeur.

The work of the gathering spoken of in the scriptures will be necessary to bring about the glories of the last dispensation. (HC 4:185-86.)

Second Coming of Christ

Were I going to prophesy, I would say the end [of the world] would not come in 1844, 5, or 6, or in forty years. There are those of the rising generation who shall not taste death till Christ comes.

I was once praying earnestly upon this subject, and a voice said unto me, "My son, if thou livest until thou art eighty-five years of age, thou shalt see the face of the Son of Man." I was left to draw my own conclusions concerning this; and I took the liberty to conclude that if I did live to that time, he would make his appearance. But I do not say whether he will make his appearance or I shall go where he is. I prophesy in the name of the Lord God, and let it be written—the Son of Man will not come in the clouds of heaven till I am eighty-five years old. Then read the 14th chapter of Revelation, 6th and 7th verses—"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God and give glory to him, for the hour of his judgment is come." And Hosea, 6th chapter, After two days, etc.,—2,520 years; which brings it to 1890. The coming of the Son of Man never will be—never can be till the judgments spoken of for this hour are poured out: which judgments are commenced. Paul says, "Ye are the children of the light, and not of the darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief in the night." (See 1 Thess. 5:5, 2.) It is not the design of the Almighty to come upon the earth and crush it and grind it to powder, but he will reveal it to his servants and prophets.

Judah must return, Jerusalem must be rebuilt, and the temple, and water come out from under the temple, and the waters of the Dead Sea be healed. It will take some time to rebuild the walls of the city and the temple, etc.; and all this must be done before the Son of Man will make his appearance. There will be wars and rumors of wars, signs in the heavens above and on the earth beneath, the sun turned into darkness and the moon to blood, earthquakes in divers places, the seas heaving beyond their bounds; then will appear one grand sign of the Son of Man in heaven. But what will the world do? They will say it is a planet, a comet, etc. But the Son of Man will come as the sign of the coming of the Son of Man, which will be as the light of the morning cometh out of the east. (HC 5:336-37.)

End of the World Is Destruction of the Wicked

. . . the end of the world is the destruction of the wicked, the harvest and the end of the world have an allusion directly to the human family in the last days, instead of the earth, as many have imagined; and that which shall precede the coming of the Son of Man, and the restitution of all things spoken of by the mouth of all the holy prophets since the world began; and the angels are to have something to do in this great work, for they are the reapers. As, therefore, the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so shall it be in the end of the world; that is, as the servants of God go forth warning the nations, both priests and people, and as they harden their hearts and reject the light of truth, these first being delivered over to the buffetings of Satan, and the law and the testimony being closed up, as it was in the case of the Jews, they are left in darkness, and delivered over unto the day of burning; thus being bound up by their creeds, and their bands being made strong by their priests, are prepared for the fulfilment of the saying of the Savior—"The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and . . . gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matt. 13:41-42.) We understand that the work of gathering together of the wheat into barns or garners, is to take place while the tares are being bound over, and preparing for the day of burning; that after the day of burnings, the righteous shall shine forth like the sun, in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. (HC 2:271.)

Spiritual Darkness Preceding Christ's Coming

Consider for a moment, brethren, the fulfillment of the words of the prophet; for we behold that darkness covers the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the inhabitants thereof—that crimes of every description are increasing among men—vices of great enormity are practiced—the rising generation growing up in the fullness of pride and arrogance—the aged losing every sense of conviction, and seemingly banishing every thought of a day of retribution—intemperance, immorality, extravagance, pride, blindness of heart, idolatry, the loss of natural affection; the love of this world, and indifference toward the things of eternity increasing among those who profess a belief in the religion of heaven, and infidelity spreading itself in consequence of the same—men giving themselves up to commit acts of the foulest kind, and deeds of the blackest dye, blaspheming, advocating error and opposing the truth, forsaking the covenant of heaven, and denying the faith of Jesus—and in the midst of all this, the day of the Lord fast approaching when none except those who have won the wedding garment will be permitted to eat and drink in the presence of the Bridegroom, the Prince of Peace! (HC 2:5.)

Nearness of Fulfillment of Signs of the Times

The servants of God will not have gone over the nations of the Gentiles, with a warning voice, until the destroying angel will commence to waste the inhabitants of the earth, and as the prophet hath said, "It shall be a vexation to hear the report." I speak thus because I feel for my fellow men; I do it in the name of the Lord, being moved upon by the Holy Spirit. Oh, that I could snatch them from the vortex of misery, into which I behold them plunging themselves, by their sins; that I might be enabled by the warning voice, to be an instrument of bringing them to unfeigned repentance, that they might have faith to stand in the evil day! (HC 2:263.)

Righteous Shall Suffer Persecution

. . . the destinies of all people are in the hands of a just God, and he will do no injustice to anyone; and this one thing is sure, that they who will live godly in Christ Jesus, shall suffer persecution; and before their robes are made white in the blood of the Lamb, it is to be expected, according to John the Revelator, they will pass through great tribulation. (HC 1:449.)

Part -2 [final]

Saints Not to Escape All Judgments

After others had spoken I spoke and explained concerning the uselessness of preaching to the world about great judgments, but rather to preach the simple Gospel. Explained concerning the coming of the Son of Man; also that it is a false idea that the Saints will escape all the judgments, whilst the wicked suffer; for all flesh is subject to suffer, and "the righteous shall hardly escape"; still many of the Saints will escape, for the just shall live by faith; yet many of the righteous shall fall a prey to disease, to pestilence, etc., by reason of the weakness of the flesh, and yet be saved in the kingdom of God. So that it is an unhallowed principle to say that such and such have transgressed because they have been preyed upon by the disease or death, for all flesh is subject to death; and the Savior has said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged." (HC 4:11.)

Days of Tribulation Fast Approaching

We have all been children, and are too much so at the present time; but we hope in the Lord that we may grow in grace and be prepared for all things which the bosom of futurity may disclose unto us. Time is rapidly rolling on, and the prophecies must be fulfilled. The days of tribulation are fast approaching, and the time to test the fidelity of the Saints has come. Rumor with her ten thousand tongues is diffusing her uncertain sounds in almost every ear; but in these times of sore trial, let the Saints be patient and see the salvation of God. Those who cannot endure persecution, and stand in the day of affliction, cannot stand in the day when the Son of God shall burst the veil, and appear in all the glory of his Father, with all the holy angels. (HC 1:468.)

Men Must Become Harmless Before Brute Creation

In pitching my tent we found three massasaugas or prairie rattlesnakes, which the brethren were about to kill, but I said, "Let them alone—don't hurt them! How will the serpent ever lose its venom, while the servants of God possess the same disposition, and continue to make war upon it? Men must become harmless before the brute creation, and when men lose their vicious dispositions and cease to destroy the animal race, the lion and the lamb can dwell together, and the sucking child can play with the serpent in safety." The brethren took the serpents carefully on sticks and carried them across the creek. I exhorted the brethren not to kill a serpent, bird, or an animal of any kind during our journey unless it became necessary in order to preserve ourselves from hunger. (HC 2:71-72.)

Battle of Gog and Magog

The battle of Gog and Magog will be after the millennium. The remnant of all the nations that fight against Jerusalem were commanded to go up to Jerusalem to worship in the millennium. (HC 5:298.)

First, she begins with what appears to be the start of the sixth plague, which is the 13 month war. (She indicates that it starts in the Pacific but soon involves the whole world. This could mean it could either be referencing WWII or perhaps the still future 13 month war that begins the sixth seal. The key is that she indicates that is a war roughly between the Christian nations and the non-Christian (Muslim-Buddhists) nations. Well that would strongly indicate that it is indeed referring to the still future 13 month world war.) If this war is getting close and this vision is accurately describing some of the events that are then to happen in the very near future, than we should be able to correlate the events in the vision with current events.

Is it possible for a "call-out" to happen this summer (2008). The way Bush, Iran, and Israel are talking, yes. If we have military conflict with Iran in the next 3 months, things will happen fast regarding the economy falling apart (higher oil prices, increasing interest rates, deterioration of housing market, decreased business profitability, increased layoffs, a rapidly depreciating dollar/shift of currency away from the dollar, etc., etc.). So-called "terrorist" strikes could then occur late summer as the Islamic world retaliates against the U.S., Britain, and Israel. The economy could feasible collapse completely by October.

Martial law would then need to need enforced late October. The Utah earthquakes (the first 2) would also happen in October. Other natural disasters could compound the situation and lead to bankruptcy for insurance companies.

The times of chaos and mobacracy could follow and last for over a year as China, Russia, and whatever New World Order forces under the U.N. umbrella prepare to take advantage of the siuation and the downfall of the U.S. As we speak, China and Russia probably have no plans whatsoever to invade the U.S. by the end of 2008. I think the plans to invade will evolve after we have already fallen--they will shift their priorities, move up their timetables, increase the rapidity of their preparations, and attack about a year after the economic collapse and chaotic period plaguing the U.S..

Regarding the Church's readiness, another post asserted that the Church already has places of refuge prepared for 500,000 saints (just in Utah?) and the earthquake upgrades are supposedly about done. So, don't dismiss the possibility of a "call-out" happening Summer 2008. If not, definitely Summer 2009.

The only problem I see with trying to make real-time predictions from vague prophecies is this: I met my first mullenitish person in 1974. He sold his house in Salt Lake and moved his family to Jackson County Missouri so he'd be ready for the millenium. The next guy I met was in 1987. He was also a one-note piano, and played that one note for everything it was worth. He also had specific real-time predictions about what was about to happen, the form it would take, and what we specifically needed to do to prepare.

His deal was commies. When the soviet union fell, he switched to the UN.

During the first gulf war, it went from the UN to the trilateral commission and US war machine.

During Clinton's various wars, it went back to the UN.

After 9/11, Afghanistan and Iraq, it went to the illuminati skull and bones conspiracy theories.

When it came close to the dates specified by Wolfgramm's prophecies, that was the end-times scenario du jour. Time to move to the wastelands of Wyoming and lay a mine field for the food rioters.

After the dates Wolfgramm gave passed, it became a stretched and tortured interpretation of his prophecy.

Now that the dates from the stretched and tortured interpretation are passing, it's all about WWIII and Chris Stewart's books and martial law.

I see three components to this mindset:

1- There's something important about to happen, it's just around the corner, it's very sensationalistic, and requires us to wake up and take action. NOW! Before it's too late!

2- The important thing never happens.

3- When a date or milestone passes without incident, it never dawns on the person to take a critical look at their own faulty thought processes - they just 'reset the clock' with a new end-times scenario.

I'm not about to say that we don't live in the last days, or that we don't need to prepare. But I'm pretty comfortable dismissing anything mullenite has to say about the future without a second thought, because I've been personally exposed to his one-note piano playing the same tune since at least the '70's, and that song is getting mighty old.

LM

Seven years later, almost to the day, in another General Priesthood session (Oct 2005), in a talk entitled, If Ye Are Prepared Ye Shall Not Fear, President Hinckley again mentioned Pharaoh's dream of the seven good years followed by the seven lean years, twice......and emphasized again food storage, getting out of Debt, and spiritual preparation. He also read from Matthew 24 as well as other scriptures about terrible calamities and destructions. He concluded by saying, "Let us never lose sight of the dream of Pharaoh concerning the fat cattle and the lean, the full ears of corn, and the blasted ears; the meaning of which was interpreted by Joseph to indicate years of plenty and years of scarcity

women killing their own daughters

I found this quote in Joseph Smith's words, and remembered reading it even when I was younger and thinking it sounded very far away, and that a people must be pretty bad when mothers kill their own daughters.

Guess what?

:huh:

women killing their own daughters

I found this quote in Joseph Smith's words, and remembered reading it even when I was younger and thinking it sounded very far away, and that a people must be pretty bad when mothers kill their own daughters.

Guess what?

:huh:

Abortion?

Yeah, I wasn't thinking of abortion, specifically. I don't think if it was meant to reference abortion it would name them daughters specifically. I was thinking more along the lines of the stories you hear today of the mothers killing their own children, and the recent story where the mother killed her own daughters, as VisionOfLehi has suggested.

Unthinkable.

Something has to be very wrong for that to happen.

Oh, no. There's been mom's killing small children and such these days. Remember the one who drowned her kids?

Just recently there was a 27 year old women in Phoenix AZ who starved her 2 year old daughter to death to collect on the life insurance policy she had purchased on her. The mother is a meth addict.

My heart cries out for that baby! For all of the babies who are neglected, abused/tortured and killed by parents/adults.

• 2 years later...

hi

i wish to testify to you that times are about to hit us that most people are not ready for. i have had dreams which have helped me prepair for them. the lord has been driveing me hard to prepair those around me and in my ward. some of the younger elders have named me doomer because they wish to have their toys and not do what the church commands. i have been the food storage sp. and now i am the ward prepairedness sp and i preach the same words. prepair prepair prepair. i have had visions and dreams of what is about to over take ( relateing to my family) america and i see it coming true. for the love of god, family, and coutry please take time and prepair your foodstorage and dare i say protection of that said family. if you ask the lord to guide you, you will find the needs to get ready and he will tell you what is to come so very very soon. read the white horse and judge it upon the idea of what is takeing place in the world and compair it to the vision. when joseph smith jr. told it russia was a non danger to the world. now what is it. we see it coming true. but use it as a guide not and scripture. your brother

mikkel