when you prayed over the BoM...

Let me ask it another way..Why do you guys believe the bible is true if you don't pray about the bible and only the Bom??

Simply because the Book of Mormon is further light and knowledge. For argument's sake, the Bible may prove that Christ lived. The Book of Mormon will prove where Christ's church and His authority are found.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply because the Book of Mormon is further light and knowledge. For argument's sake, the Bible may prove that Christ lived. The Book of Mormon will prove where Christ's church and His authority are found.

hmm..the bible tells us a whole lot more then that skalenfehl..including where his authority are found and where his church is. ;) but i know you know that.

That is the key and the great test. For God will not answer us if we are not ready to live according to that answer. It would only bring condemnation upon our soul.

True...even though Joseph Smith had the veil parted did not guarantee him the Second Comforter. This came later as written in D&C 88. At the time of Joseph's first vision, his spiritual maturity level was not to that level when he was ready to receive the fullness of the Godhead.

I noticed this also, those who had vision of an important figure beyond the veil, they will not actually see the figure but may reside next to them during that vision. The presence and knowledge of the figure is known but not seeing that individual. Each encounter has a severe penalty for those who receive it and either not live up to that which is receive or fight against it later.

what is my main desire for what? in general..to love the lord jesus with all my heart, soul and mind and spirit..

The Lord's know your desire and will answer it in away that you can know it for sure. Moses desire was to be like Enoch and it was in the end he received that which he desire the most. There is a key here I just gave....you find this in every important gospel figure ever lived upon the earth.

True...even though Joseph Smith had the veil parted did not guarantee him the Second Comforter. This came later as written in D&C 88. At the time of Joseph's first vision, his spiritual maturity level was not to that level when he was ready to receive the fullness of the Godhead.

I noticed this also, those who had vision of an important figure beyond the veil, they will not actually see the figure but may reside next to them during that vision. The presence and knowledge of the figure is known but not the vision. Each encounter has a severe penalty for those who receive it and either not live up to that which is receive or fight against it later.

hemi..this is an interesting post..totally off my original subject..but i did not know joseph was called the second comforter.

The main theme behind both books is the Lord and Savior. Everything else is secondary to that as knowledge gain.

To answer the question of this topic, praying about the Book of Mormon confirmed to me that there is a restored church upon the earth. That there is a prophet today who speaks with the Lord and leads Christ's church just as Christ had established in the New Testament. Praying about the Bible does not tell me which of all the churches today is on the absolutely correct path. The whole reason one church split from another was a difference of interpretation of scripture. With a prophet to guide the Lord's people as in ancient days, interpretation is negated. Truth is restored and indisputable. That was the difference for me. The same as it was for Joseph Smith.

Lost: There isn't proof of the BoM YET. What would you tell those members of the church who lived on the earth before archeology became popular? Just to pull a date out of my posterior here, how about those believers in the Bible who lived in 900A.D. They didn't have access to church historical sights, and the vast majority of them didn't even have access to the Bible, and couldn't have read it if they had. Would you say they were wrong to rely solely on the Spirit, or their "feelings", that the Bible was true? It was the only "evidence" they had to go on that what they were worshipping was the Truth.

Doc T....correct. The Holy Spirit is the FIRST COMFORTER. Now, with Him, we "CANNOT" receive the Second Comforter. Through the life' trials and His purification process, we are brought before the Savior and presented.

Now, there is another additional step, which is required but that is another thread topic and not to sideline this thread.

how did you know it was true kosher?

also you said it baffles you that others do not think it is true.which brings me to another question..what would most lds say to people that have prayed over it and the answer was it's false. The holy spirit prompts them to stay away??? What then?

I didn't come to know it's true, I've always just known from day one. Like I said it's instinctual knowledge that comes from my core essence.

I'm not LDS but I would say, "Whatever floats your boat." I don't have time to argue with people like that. They obviously have some blockage not permitting them to receive the right answer. Usually people that receive that answer are thinking of all the stereotypes about "Mormons" (polygamy, becoming gods, etc..) while engaged in prayer that they lose focus on the Book itself or they've already made up their mind about the "Mormon Religion" and aren't really praying with sincerity about the actual Book and it's contents..

Lost: There isn't proof of the BoM YET. What would you tell those members of the church who lived on the earth before archeology became popular? Just to pull a date out of my posterior here, how about those believers in the Bible who lived in 900A.D. They didn't have access to church historical sights, and the vast majority of them didn't even have access to the Bible, and couldn't have read it if they had. Would you say they were wrong to rely solely on the Spirit, or their "feelings", that the Bible was true? It was the only "evidence" they had to go on that what they were worshipping was the Truth.

great question jenamarie.. well if you lived at the time of jesus..you would have personally seen his miracles...if you lived right after jesus died you may have come in contact with first hand witnesses of Jesus..like paul and peter. ARcheology is the not the only thing there is out there in objectivity.

great question jenamarie.. well if you lived at the time of jesus..you would have personally seen his miracles...if you lived right after jesus died you may have come in contact with first hand witnesses of Jesus..like paul and peter. ARcheology is the not the only thing there is out there in objectivity.

But what of those people inbetween: too late to meet firsthand witnesses, and too early for archeology or widespread literacy?

I didn't come to know it's true, I've always just known from day one. Like I said it's instinctual knowledge that comes from my core essence.

I'm not LDS but I would say, "Whatever floats your boat." I don't have time to argue with people like that. They obviously have some blockage not permitting them to receive the right answer. Usually people that receive that answer are thinking of all the stereotypes about "Mormons" (polygamy, becoming gods, etc..) while engaged in prayer that they lose focus on the Book itself or they've already made up their mind about the "Mormon Religion" and aren't really praying with sincerity about the actual Book and it's contents..

well. that is one to rationalize it. I personally do not fall into that catagory. I know there are others. but i understand what you are saying. :)

Hmm...second-hand witnessing could be a testimony builder. Yet, in the end, we are told to seek that answer ourself. For which foundation is your testimony built upon is the amount effort you put out to seek that truth. Adding the Bible and the BOM is an additional foundation layer for your own testimony. Also, we need to ensure we are at least reading the books by studying them thoroughly, pondering, and asking about areas we do not comprehend.

But what of those people inbetween: too late to meet firsthand witnesses, and too early for archeology or widespread literacy?

well don't forget that we also had the old testament around. WE still had changed lives of witnesses..In today's post modern world that would not go over very welll..but in the world of modern thought..that would have been a big deal.

well don't forget that we also had the old testament around. WE still had changed lives of witnesses..In today's post modern world that would not go over very welll..but in the world of modern thought..that would have been a big deal.

Yes they did have the OT, but they couldn't read it. Were they supposed to rely solely on the Priests who read to them from the Bible? Remember all the trouble that came from that?? :lol:

Hemi: Martin Luther was truely inspired. He did SO MUCH for Christianity and paving the way for the Restoration.

when did the new testment then come to be formed?

What is their main desire? Not on this subject or the nature of GOD. This is a problem.