Olympics Puerto Rico Vs Usa

Lindy

To those basketball fans who didn't see this game....read at your own risk!

Men's Preliminaries in basketball........ Puerto Rico vs the United States

WHAT HAPPENED?

The better team won....really!

But maybe the basketball die hards could tell me wha happn?

I heard today that a lot of those on the Team USA are rookies, I was wondering why we didn't have a lot of seasoned players in the Olympics.

I'm not much of a basketball fan, but I do watch it here and there, and as lax as I am on knowing the game, I still couldn't believe all the incomplete 3 pointers USA had...that would have really given them a shot of moving ahead if they could have made even 1/2 of what they attempted.

After the 3rd quarter...I was actually cheering Puerto Rico on....cause they were at least playing the game.

We need to remember that the USA is the only team in the Olympics that has come together only for the Olympics. Track the other teams and you will not that these people have played together for years in international and professional European leagues.

I was wondering why we didn't have a lot of seasoned players in the Olympics.

The veterans don't want to go over there considering Americans might as well have big bullseyes on them. There are only 2 people on the USA's team that actually belong there. Tim Duncan and Allen Iverson..... and maybe even Lebron James (but that is a big maybe because he is not one of the 12 best American players).

The veterans don't want to go over there considering Americans might as well have big bullseyes on them.

You know I didn't even think of that....being in Greece and all, I just thought it was going to be safe.

Yay! Another gold medal in swimming! :) First gold for an American women this thus far in Greece.

I love the olympics!!!!!

You know I didn't even think of that....being in Greece and all, I just thought it was going to be safe.

I have not been following it that closely but apparently security is a big reason why many US athletes did not make the trip. I mean these NBA players are already millionares. Olympic basketball has never really been regarded as important because it has been so dominated by the US. I mean this is the first time in almost 20 yrs that the US has lost. I don't really care about it myself. I enjoy Olympic hockey because any number of teams can win.

I am sure there are a lot of other athletes who don't want to be there but they have to because a Gold medal takes care of all their sponsors and bills. It really sucks to be an amateur athlete.

Originally posted by lindy9556@Aug 16 2004, 10:08 PM

The veterans don't want to go over there considering Americans might as well have big bullseyes on them.

We sent more security than athletes to Athens. That's how bad it is.

Personally, I wouldn't have gone anyway after they banned US athletes from waving our flag if they win.

Personally, I wouldn't have gone anyway after they banned US athletes from waving our flag if they win.

Whoa~ I didn't realize that at all.....what a slap in the face to the American athletes......Be ashamed of who you are? What a crock!

So, we just relinquish our patriotism to make the IOC happy? Very sad.

I read somewhere that Greece doesn't want the crowd provoked to hostile action....WHAT CROWD? I don't see a crowd...so many venues with their empty seats....

I think it's great that Team USA athletes are doing as well as they are..... I hope they do the best they can, and medal for their efforts. I hope and pray that they are safe in a country that is "concerned for their image"

Maybe it is justice that sales are down and seats are empty....

I found this link where a U.S. Olympic official told CNN that " there is no ban on waving or displaying the Stars and Stripes "

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SPORT/08/12/us.flagwaving/

but then I ask myself.....why am I not seeing any flags? Hmmmmmm?

Originally posted by Blessed@Aug 17 2004, 05:48 PM

I didn't see the basketball... pooh! But I've been keeping an eye on men's volleyball this afternoon... whew! :o:rolleyes: :) :lol:

I hear you! ;)

What is the deal with all the attractive Olympic athletes? I have noticed that, even in past Olympics, male and female. Do you think attractive people really have that many more opportunities and get all the breaks? If not, then how do you explain all the hotties?

Originally posted by shanstress70@Aug 18 2004, 01:24 PM

Do you think attractive people really have that many more opportunities and get all the breaks? If not, then how do you explain all the hotties?

Maybe exercise, a good diet and a fit body helps.

Something we all are able to achieve should we want to.

Originally posted by yaanufs+Aug 18 2004, 03:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (yaanufs @ Aug 18 2004, 03:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--shanstress70@Aug 18 2004, 01:24 PM

Do you think attractive people really have that many more opportunities and get all the breaks?  If not, then how do you explain all the hotties?

Maybe exercise, a good diet and a fit body helps.

Something we all are able to achieve should we want to.

I'm not talking about their bodies... of course all Olympians would be fit!

I'm talking about good looks - facewise. Nothing you can do about that except plastic surgery.

perhaps their padres are pretty people...*shrug*

i seriously doubt their looks have anything to do w/ their status as olympians...you don't get into the olympics based on your looks, you get in based on your achievements and how well you can perform...perhaps "good looking" kids are more attracted to sports...who knows...

i of course remember some butt ugly football players in high school though...lol!!

Originally posted by shanstress70@Aug 18 2004, 02:46 PM

I'm not talking about their bodies... of course all Olympians would be fit!

I'm talking about good looks - facewise.

I'm not so sure you would say the same thing if the face was on some 400 pound behemoth.

Luckily those beach volleyball participants have such lovely faces to keep all the interest in their sport going so strong. :)