Empty Garbage Before Dad Flips

Dr T

I'll try that today A-Train-thanks for the info. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like. I'll practice a little every day until my fingers firm up. It didn't feel too pleasant last night when I picked it up.

===

Siouxz,

That's so cool that your boy plays. My bil did that-blood all over the neck of the guitar. Hmmm there has to be a better way.

I remember having hurt fingers back in the 7th grade when I got my first guitar. Today, 21 years later, my fingers feel fine even after an hour of playing. I am an addict, I play every time I sit in the living room, which is almost every day.

WARNING: Once you become a guitar player, you will look around for a guitar when you sit in a friend's living room and your hands will want one. If there is one, you will probably play it without asking.

-a-train

Guest GhostRider

There is a cure for the dreaded neck clean up...I used to put super glue on my fingers...and I mean coat them good before a gig..since I played bass with out a pick..the right thumb and fingers got the same treatment. Between sets would redo it...Also the flat wound strings helped...The funny thing is my lil bro wants to get back into the band scene...i told him dude...what are we gonna play..he said.been working on a new sound...surf grunge...take old dick dale and throw some distortion and aeffects...sounds pretty wild...told him country band and I am in!!! he said and i quote "Against my religion dude!" lol...still a rocker at 31....lol

good luck doc! stick with it! I sure wish that I did.

i grew up in a non-lds musical family, mom,older sis and me, and every sunday was opera day for my mom...drove me NUTS as a kid, but did learn about music, and started playing trumpet at 10.....i loved music and believed for a VERY long time that life WAS actually a musical...tried guitar in high school.....hey ...it was the 60s....EVEYBODY wanted to be in a band.....but just couldnt seem to get it fast enough...so i gave it up..but i was playing other instruments by then so i didnt really care....point is.....as honor said....i know a little bit about what it takes to do that......congrats DrT.....following fent's example is right on....good luck........life IS a musical