Ordering On Sunday

Franken

I'm just curious... is it wrong to order stuff online on Sunday? The seller won't recieve the order until monday. Me and my sister were discussing it just a second ago, and she said she didn't really know if it was right or wrong, and said she orders on Sunday, so I thought I'd post up the question here.

Originally posted by Franken@Sep 19 2004, 01:58 PM

I'm just curious... is it wrong to order stuff online on Sunday? The seller won't recieve the order until monday. Me and my sister were discussing it just a second ago, and she said she didn't really know if it was right or wrong, and said she orders on Sunday, so I thought I'd post up the question here.

The Church owns and operates numerous commercial businesses. Some of them, for example KSL Television and many radio stations, run 7days a week. The Church used to operate The Hotel Utah, even on Sundays. The Hotel Utah, in the early days, used to sell liquor. In fact they sold liquor primarily to pay for the very expensive construction of the Hotel Utah. I do not know if the Church sold liquor on Sundays or not.

Does that mean I think it is alright to shop on Sunday? Not necessarily but the Sunday shopper is probably not to out of step with the commercial aspects of the institutional Church.

just like any other belief the church has, you're going to follow it only if you want to. so its up to you. but i don't think the church would agree. you won't go to hell because of it. but thinking up excuses like they won't get the money till monday doesn't help. but yet its nothing to worry about if you do. and you can always ask your bishop.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Unorthodox

While you are at it, make sure not to use any of your utilities on Sunday.

If your electric bill shows that you turned on a light on Sunday, that is considered doing business with the electric company and you will go to hell.

That includes watcing TV, even if its Conference.

And don't go to a church that uses electricity. Safer to stay home in the candelight.

Same goes for using water. Don't flush your toilets until monday morning or you will be doing business after your business...heheheh...get it? Sunday toilet flushers go to hell.

And make sure to account for every time zone, by not doing business from Friday - Tuesday. Otherwise it might be Sunday in Asia.

Originally posted by Unorthodox@Oct 14 2004, 05:15 PM

If your electric bill shows that you turned on a light on Sunday, that is considered doing business with the electric company and you will go to hell.

And don't go to a church that uses electricity. Safer to stay home in the candelight.

Same goes for using water. Don't flush your toilets until monday morning or you will be doing business after your business...heheheh...get it? Sunday toilet flushers go to hell.

And make sure to account for every time zone, by not doing business from Friday - Tuesday. Otherwise it might be Sunday in Asia.

Good idea :P I better be more careful!

you are givin six days to do your shopping online or otherwise and one to focus on Spiritual matters I only learned yesterday that Sundays were not so much a day for rest (aka naping and lounging) but moor a day to do the lords work and feed yourself spiritually.

Originally posted by Unorthodox@Oct 14 2004, 06:15 PM

haha now that's funny.... i think sometimes we take things to the extreme and feel like we have to have exact Can Do and Can Not Do lists... i think that ordering is something small, and if you feel bad about doing it on sunday, don't do it- if you don't, then fine... we need to look at the overall picture of what sunday is for.....

Originally posted by Unorthodox@Oct 14 2004, 05:15 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol: