Noah's Ark Fact or Fiction?

Guest DeltaVortex

It means that what is written in scripture as pertaining to the nature of god , the creation of the universe or even the real history of the planet we live on is limited .

If were to ask you to tell me any physical value of what heaven is such as is their a sun or does it rain , as people live forever what age are they at .

you cannot answer these question niether can anybody else .

so its all about faith . but faith increases rapidly with knowlege and decreases with the absence of it .

so if you limit your faith to that which only has been written in primitive cultures which includes 1830 usa you are extremly limited in your faith as to what heaven might actually be .

Joseph Smith himself said that this was a day and age when all things would be revealed .

this was actually a true prophecy . however the great majority of things which have been revealed since 1830 have been scientific .

alltho science may at times may challenge biblical beliefs it is well on course to revealing the true nature of the universe and the god who operates within it ( in my view at least , i do not believe in a accidental universe )

The true god of the universe will only be revealed when all the principals of physics which govern this dimension and all other dimensions attached to it are known .

until this time their is limited understanding of god and the world we live in .

by making the scriptures your only source of knowlege and faith you will be limiting yourself to a world which has long since passed .

the true nature of joseph smiths religion was to believe in the living word of christ which was to be as the missisipi river , an unstopable torrent of knowledge .

how does this compare to what the church has become today and how much of the meetings are about obtaining true knowledge .

How much of brigham youngs statement that we believe in all truth is present today as meetings now revolve around dogmatic proceedures and most people are afraid to wisper any different feeling or thought they may have .

well by now your probably wishing you had never asked rant rant , anyway hope i have exsplained myself ok

Edited by flyswatguy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe we need a quick review of Helaman 12

7 O how great is the nothingness of the children of men; yea, even they are less than the dust of the earth.

8 For behold, the dust of the earth moveth hither and thither, to the dividing asunder, at the command of our great and everlasting God.

9 Yea, behold at his voice do the hills and the mountains tremble and quake.

10 And by the power of his voice they are broken up, and become smooth, yea, even like unto a valley.

11 Yea, by the power of his voice doth the whole earth shake;

12 Yea, by the power of his voice, do the foundations rock, even to the very center.

13 Yea, and if he say unto the earth—Move—it is moved.

14 Yea, if he say unto the earth—Thou shalt go back, that it lengthen out the day for many hours—it is done;

15 And thus, according to his word the earth goeth back, and it appeareth unto man that the sun standeth still; yea, and behold, this is so; for surely it is the earth that moveth and not the sun.

16 And behold, also, if he say unto the waters of the great deep—Be thou dried up—it is done.

17 Behold, if he say unto this mountain—Be thou raised up, and come over and fall upon that city, that it be buried up—behold it is done.

Seems to me like it is pretty clear, God can do whatever He wants to. Just because we can't understand, or explain it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Remember we are God's children, so we are still learning. Do your children understand everything you know?

• 1 month later...

Seems to me like it is pretty clear, God can do whatever He wants to. Just because we can't understand, or explain it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Remember we are God's children, so we are still learning. Do your children understand everything you know?

God cannot do whatever he wants to do.. he obeys the same laws of physics that we do. As an example.. he cannot create something out of nothing.

God cannot do whatever he wants to do.. he obeys the same laws of physics that we do. As an example.. he cannot create something out of nothing.

and yet the universe is indeed created out of nothing .

there is nothing to prove steve hawkins idea correct , that god must obey the same laws of pyhsics we do .

it may be that god can make he laws of physics do whatever he likes .

therefor he might indeed be able to walk on water . or heal a blind person .

as we as barbaric mutated chimps manipulate the laws of physics to do all sorts of wonderfull things .

how much more could a being with infinite intelligence be the cause of unexsplainable miracles .

the laws of physics are not god but rather a tool in his hands , he minipulates them to create a world where intelligent beings make choices between good and evil.

I do not believe any other reason for existence will ever be found .

if you can think of any other reason i would like to hear it

Quote source, BMY. I can state that, biblically, God creates light ex nihilo. This is the only thing expressly stated as creation ex nihilo. However, that doesn't mean he can't.

And he did create at least one thing out of nothing.

Quote source, BMY. I can state that, biblically, God creates light ex nihilo. This is the only thing expressly stated as creation ex nihilo. However, that doesn't mean he can't.

And he did create at least one thing out of nothing.

FunkyT,

I don't agree with this. I think the light came from His glory.

In fact, I think that's how all matter is "eternal" -- it came from God (remember D&C "my name is Eternal")

Thus the reason I'm not a Monotheist, nor a Henotheist, but a Panentheist.

HiJolly

FunkyT,

I don't agree with this. I think the light came from His glory.

In fact, I think that's how all matter is "eternal" -- it came from God (remember D&C "my name is Eternal")

Thus the reason I'm not a Monotheist, nor a Henotheist, but a Panentheist.

HiJolly

Light is the only constant in the universe , for instance if you were to travel at the speed of light , light will still go past you at the speed of light .

Time however might start going backwards .

The glory of God is personal to him and light is non personal , if light is personal to god then so is everything else .

I,m sure there are plenty of scriptures which state that all things are personal to god , thereby everything that exists consists of Gods glory , intelligence however acts independantly of god , being God in embryo ....

Light is the only constant in the universe , for instance if you were to travel at the speed of light , light will still go past you at the speed of light .

Time however might start going backwards .

The glory of God is personal to him and light is non personal , if light is personal to god then so is everything else .

I,m sure there are plenty of scriptures which state that all things are personal to god , thereby everything that exists consists of Gods glory , intelligence however acts independantly of god , being God in embryo ....

I would disagree with this. Scripturally, God said 'Let there be light'.

He didn't say 'Hey, everyone. Look! Light!'.

He didn't say 'Sure, I have a lot of light. Why don't you guys come in here?'

The creation of light is ex nihilo biblically. He created it from nothing. If you disagree, quote source since the creation of light is the very first thing God did in the bible.