Impending doom

LDSpunkrocker

I have been trying to deal with having panic attacks off an on for years but it seems like they have gotten worse lately. it is overwhelming. currently i have no medical insurance so i am relying on the bare minimum of my medication which is basically the meds for my asthma, a rescue inhaler and my nebulizer but that's it. so on top of the anxiety, my asthma has been uncontrolled to the point where i am going through my rescue meds WAYY to quick. panic attacks + asthma = no fun im just wondering if there are anyone that deals with the same problems and if so how do they cope in situations like this? maybe some natural remedy for anxiety ? i dont know, i feel so scatterbrained because of it.

thanks

i have panic attacks and anxiety attacks and am not medicated for them. they've gotten better over the years as i've learned to talk myself through the mild ones in my head. but the bad ones the only way for me to come down from one is to have my mom talk me through them. i don't really have any advice, and don't know exactly how i deal with mine, i just know that i do a lot of deep breathing (which i learned in psychotherapy years ago) and some self-hypnosis to help me through.

i wish you luck. if you need to talk, we're here for you :)

Hi Sam! I experienced my one and only *what-i-think-is* a panic attack about a month ago. Things in my life were so horrific-ly out of wack and I seriously freaked one day at work. Just as I was about to make a very important phone call. Like Bug, I too did a lot of deep breathing and calmed myself down and took myself for a walk. It really helped. And here's an article that might help, too.

Natural Remedies For Panic Attacks: Top Tips for Panic Attacks by Martha Brown

I have been trying to deal with having panic attacks off an on for years but it seems like they have gotten worse lately.

I don't know anything about panic attacks but have you talked to your Bishop about counseling thru the Church? I think, depending on your circumstances, the Bishop might be able help you pay for the counseling bill.

I'm not sure if this will be of much help, but I'll give my 2 bits.

I also am prone to panic attacks, but 99% of the time not enough to interfere with daily life. If I feel my anxiety getting the better to me, I immediately sit down, no matter where I am, begin deep breathing and go through my meditation exercises. I've gotten the odd look or two for it, but when people learn what you're doing that for, they seem to understand. I find the color wheel meditation to be the most calming for me. A good beginner's book on it would be "Meditation for Dummies." I have it and still refer to it often.

I hope it helps.

I think I understand more about anxiety in women than I do about men. Could it be a physiological issue? I was thinking that maybe a good old fashioned physical may be helpful. Maybe not.

I was also wondering if nutrition helps. Maybe a good vitamin for men and a balanced diet with lots of vitamins and minerals. It seems to me that I have read something about anxiety being linked to a lack of certain minerals.

I really don't know.....that is the best I got. But if anything, I care. Take Care Punk. I will pray that God will help you come to solutions that work and make your condition easier.

If I read your profile correctly, you live in Mesa. Is that Mesa, Arizona? If so, check out the following website: https://egov.azdes.gov/CMSInternet/common.aspx?menu=108&menuc=162&id=2520

I actually have an appointment with them in the morning, thanks

I don't know anything about panic attacks but have you talked to your Bishop about counseling thru the Church? I think, depending on your circumstances, the Bishop might be able help you pay for the counseling bill.

I am currently inactive in the church, i am taking steps to go back and when i do i definitely plan on talking to my bishop about this.

I have a bit both. I manage my panic attacs myself through self suggestion. I have some natural medication for the astma. Cant tell about it here because I happen to be selling the stuff too, but you can ask in pm if you wish.

hi

just wanted to say be so careful with your asthma it can get out of control and be really scary. 3 of us in my family have it to varying degrees. Not being able to breath can make you panic even more. My daughter sometimes hits the point than we are walking a fine line because we have done everything we can for her. Most docs have free samples of steroids and standard things to get you by till you see the doc. Take care.

I suffer quite badly with anxiety and agree with misshalfway that diet really helps. I don't know why but when I'm eating a healthy balanced diet with the right vitamins and minerals the anxiety seems much easier to control and I feel better, more confident in myself.

I also find calming peaceful music a great help and talking to people about how I'm feeling. If you have no one to talk to then talk here on this site there are always people willing to listen.

I suffer quite badly with anxiety and agree with misshalfway that diet really helps. I don't know why but when I'm eating a healthy balanced diet with the right vitamins and minerals the anxiety seems much easier to control and I feel better, more confident in myself.

I also find calming peaceful music a great help and talking to people about how I'm feeling. If you have no one to talk to then talk here on this site there are always people willing to listen.

i agree, music really effects my mood. for me i find the music i remember hearing my parents play as a kid helps me relax, stuff im sure people would laugh about if they saw me:lol: but andy williams' music is peaceful to me

Andy Williams is the best! I love music, old and new. I don't know what I would have done thru out my life without music.

Sometimes I can't get enough of a Michael Buble type or a good Harry Connick and sometimes nothing does the trick like a little "Not ready to make Nice" by the Dixie Chicks.

And then there are the hymns. Sometimes I think the best place to find our doctrines made simple is thru listening to the lyrics of the hymns. And sometimes nothing is better to calm my troubled heart. In fact, many times the Lord has answered my prayers thru hymns. I will just be walking along and a certain hymn will come into my mind. He even chastised me once thru a hymn, if you can believe that. I still get a little nervous when that song comes up in a Sacrament Mtg.

Anyway....I am babbling.....but I love the whole music thing.

Something i have noticed, i wanted to watch conference this last weekend, i did watch most of saturday morning's session but slacked off a bit (im glad i can watch it on the church website ) well im playing catch up now so i have been watching since i got home from work (still watching / listening ) anyways, it just occurred to me that this whole time i haven't had any anxiety or depression. not counting my chickens before they hatch but maybe, just maybe there's a chance of not having to be on some anti anxiety meds and if that is true then i really have no excuse not to give up what i am self medicating myself with.

:itwasntme: