Global warming

Winnie G

My big concern is not what enviromentalists or scientists say its what I am going to say when Heavenly Father asks me about the stewardship He gave me of the Earth - I can't do everything and maybe can't change the world but I can do enough to be right by my Heavenly Father

Exactly. The best thing we can do to protect the environment is to protect those pieces over which we have stewardship and proclaim the same to all.

-a-train

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Global warming is a Hoax then why was it 80' here the last two days.

Now remember i live in Canada the Great White North:snow:

Were is the snow its almost the end of October and we are cutting the grass.:sun:

I told my aunt (she lives in Oregon) today how warm it was and she yelled

:cold:WHAT!:snowman:

At this point, the earth is making preparation for the Terrestrial state. Is there a requirement for a Sun to light the earth? A question I do throw out.

Now, if I remove anything that gives off pollution, including Mother Nature [ :lol: ], the earth will still heat up. :D

Another things should be considered. There is definite evidence that at one time, and I am convinced it was in antediluvian days since the time of Adam, the climate of the earth was just as Elder Parley P. Pratt and President John Taylor have described it. Evidence is found in the Arctic that tropical, or semi-tropical plants, grew there in abundance. The frozen animals spoken of by Sir Henry H. Howorth were frozen at the time of the flood when the climatic conditions of the earth were changed. The time is drawing near when this primitive condition will be restored again. In the restitution of all things it has to be.

In this dispensation we are promised by revelation coming from the prophets "since the world began," that there is to be a restoration of the earth to its primitive condition, when the promised millennium shall come. We are led to believe, then, that in the beginning the mountains were not as high as they are now, for the prophecies declare that in that day "Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it." fn When the valleys are exalted it will be the natural result of the mountains being debased or made low. In this way the earth will be restored to its primitive condition.

We are taught in the Doctrine and Covenants (Section 133:24), that the "great deep" in this day of restoration will be driven back to the north, "and the land of Jerusalem and the land of Zion shall be turned back into their own place, and the earth shall be like it was in the days before it was divided." There are several passages of prophecy in the Bible where the Lord speaking through his prophets, and having reference to the restoration of all things, declared that the mountains will be lowered and the valleys raised when the Lord comes. Here are some of the references:

In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.

For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.

For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.

For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

All of this will come to pass as part of the restoration. This will happen when our Savior, Jesus Christ, comes in his power, and "he shall utter his voice out of Zion, and he shall speak from Jerusalem, and his voice shall be heard among all people; And it shall be a voice as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder, which shall break down the mountains, and the valleys shall not be found."

We may not be entirely responsible for global warming but it would explain why its warming more than it has in 1000s of year

And the closer you live to either pole the more obvious the change is

Really do you have access to the weather records from 1000's of years ago?

And I live in Idaho, we had one of the coldest winters on record last year. Why is that? Oh because global warming is BUNK. Even if it were true I highly doubt that man is responsible for it. It is just another way to trick us into one global government that can control everything we do. Fine if you want to spend more money to "green" yourself. But don't force me to also. Why did we not join the Kyoto accord? Because we saw it for what it was, another attempt at globalization.

Well, in the 90's the big talk was CFCs. I guess we got that under control a lot faster than they figured possible so they are now telling us that CO2 is the trouble. So, that really means you need to stop breathing. Your car needs to stop breathing too. Those nasty CO2 cartridges for your pellet gun have to go. Plant a ton of green plants.

The ultimate solution that is coming is global government. The supporters of the notion want to establish a global carbon emissions tax. This tax would support the new global government that would police the environment and end all war while they are at it. To facilitate all that, they will need a new global military. It will be a collection of the world's most nasty mercenaries.

Because of the wars they will fight to subdue the planet, a global banking system will be established that will monetize the war debt with a fiat currency. The ultimate goal is to use cards or chips rather than cash. Global healthcare, global welfare, global peace. You know. Communism.

-a-train

That sounds like an interesting premise for a movie.

The global carbon tax is not a joke. The U.N. is actually negotiating an implementation of a carbon tax.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/16/business/16view.html

Rockefeller's CFR has long been pushing the notion and his pet project the U.N. is going right along with it. It's not a joke, that is real.

-a-train

I didn't think the carbon tax was a joke, but where you went after it is rather unbelievable. From global carbon tax to ending war by creating a world millitary comprised of the world's nastiest mercenaries is quite a leap.

You must have a different Idaho from mine. We had one of the wettest in the last decade, but not one of the coldest.

According to NASA the global average temperature has cooled in the last eight years.

How can there be "global warming"? Simply, there is not.

Furthermore, as I've described in my thread on "ENVIRONMENT", the position of the SUN in respect to the Earth is so overwhelmingly influential to our climate that not even the largest recorded natural disasters in human history (Mt. Saint Helens / Mt. Pinatubo / Krakatowa) could change our environment for more than a brief period. For example, Mt. Pinatubo ejected 120 MILLION tons of Sulfur Dioxide into the atmosphere, resulting in almost NO change at all, for just a few months. Humans take decades to spew that much.

I'm with A-Train on this. It is a front to usher in a global government. It is a scam.

I didn't think the carbon tax was a joke, but where you went after it is rather unbelievable. From global carbon tax to ending war by creating a world millitary comprised of the world's nastiest mercenaries is quite a leap.

And I WAS joking. But given the UN's history, the joke is more real than pretended.

-a-train

The global carbon tax is not a joke. The U.N. is actually negotiating an implementation of a carbon tax.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/16/business/16view.html

Rockefeller's CFR has long been pushing the notion and his pet project the U.N. is going right along with it. It's not a joke, that is real.

-a-train

The gang of fifty [who really run this world economics and banking system].

According to NASA the global average temperature has cooled in the last eight years.

How can there be "global warming"? Simply, there is not.

Furthermore, as I've described in my thread on "ENVIRONMENT", the position of the SUN in respect to the Earth is so overwhelmingly influential to our climate that not even the largest recorded natural disasters in human history (Mt. Saint Helens / Mt. Pinatubo / Krakatowa) could change our environment for more than a brief period. For example, Mt. Pinatubo ejected 120 MILLION tons of Sulfur Dioxide into the atmosphere, resulting in almost NO change at all, for just a few months. Humans take decades to spew that much.

I'm with A-Train on this. It is a front to usher in a global government. It is a scam.

I guess you never seen global warming in California lately. :lol: I never expected our summer has extended itself now into November time frame. :eek:

Do you mean when the planets align ? Do you mean when the stars fall?

I'll go look them up and get right back. :detective:

Okay, I haven't had time to search for this info. The only thing I could find quickly was the (many) scriptures about the stars falling. In Institute the teacher said that many scholars believe what this means is that the earth will be moving very fast giving the look of stars whizzing by. I am going to find the other,. As well as all of the seasons and elements being in commotion.

I heard on the radio today that London had snow last night, coldest night in 100 years. Florida had coldest night since 1800's. These types of things are why some people say global warming is a hoax.

I guess you never seen global warming in California lately. :lol: I never expected our summer has extended itself now into November time frame. :eek:

The data collected from all of our global weather satellites, which are controlled by NASA, show a global decrease in temperature in the last eight years.

Obviously, some places have experienced warming, others cooling, but the average temperature globally has decreased in the last eight years to levels last seen in 1979.

Since we are talking about a global issue, local temperature observations are not really applicable.

I live on the Central Coast of the Peoples Republic of California, and indeed we have had some warm days this month. Of course the warmest days in recorded history were this year, in the summer, when it got to 117Degrees F in Santa Maria, CA, where I work.

Okay, I haven't had time to search for this info. The only thing I could find quickly was the (many) scriptures about the stars falling. In Institute the teacher said that many scholars believe what this means is that the earth will be moving very fast giving the look of stars whizzing by. I am going to find the other,. As well as all of the seasons and elements being in commotion.

I heard on the radio today that London had snow last night, coldest night in 100 years. Florida had coldest night since 1800's. These types of things are why some people say global warming is a hoax.

The reason I say global warming cause by man is a hoax is because global temperatures over the last eight years have declined to 1979 levels, according to NASA.

Local weather oddities have nothing to do with my statement that global warming being caused by man is a hoax.

Man has nothing to do with global weather / environmental patterns.

I wonder if they had global warming back in Joseph Smith's day....when their family had a farm they had all their crops planted and they were growing very very good.....for some reason towards the end of June they had a snow storm and it ruined the crops.....:)

Joseph Smith;s day I am sure was at the start of a mini ice age it was certainly in place in 1850

=Charley

The reason I say global warming cause by man is a hoax is because global temperatures over the last eight years have declined to 1979 levels, according to NASA.

Local weather oddities have nothing to do with my statement that global warming being caused by man is a hoax.

Man has nothing to do with global weather / environmental patterns.

Is that ground or air temperature? The archaeology does not bare your arguement out - bore holes taken near the poles or even here in Scotland show that ground that has been frozen for many thousands of years is now melting. The ground temperature here in the North is clearly warmer than it has been for an awful long time and its no coincidence that its since the late 1800s that this has been happening, even more so in the last 50 years.

I know that there are patterns with El Nino and La Nina that are similar - its easier to measure the long term damage and when it has increased from in areas which have been frozen for millenia than it is walking out your door.

-Charley

well dunno about you but I can't do much about volcanos and the sea. BUT I can choose what products I spend my money on, whether I walk or use public transport instead of taking a car, how many miles my food has travelled. I can choose to by secondhand good where possible, I can opt to decorate my house in different types of paint, I can choose to hang my laundry on the line instead of using my dryer, I can clean my house using lemon juice and vinegar etc instead of pollutants, what kind of nappy I put on my son... and many more examples - they are what i can have control of. We may not be entirely responsible for global warming but it would explain why its warming more than it has in 1000s of year

FACT weather is going crazy here and is warming faster than before - near where i live ground that was permafrost is not becoming fertile etc. And the closer you live to either pole the more obvious the change is - I know as cold as it is this year when my Mum was little in the 1940s/50s the area I lived in snow was falling by now and was still banked up by the sides of the road in April/May - now March and November are often our warmest months, and we get less than a weeks worth of snow the ski resort near here gets a bit more but is having to find other ways of making money and the rivers are very low because the snow isn't as deep in the mountains so it doesn't melt and swell the rivers in the spring/summer. They do get deeper and flood due to rain but its not a consitent supply. Maybe us humans are not causing it but for me if there is a chance we are destroying Heavenly Father's Earth we should be working towards improving it

My big concern is not what enviromentalists or scientists say its what I am going to say when Heavenly Father asks me about the stewardship He gave me of the Earth - I can't do everything and maybe can't change the world but I can do enough to be right by my Heavenly Father

-Charley

Whoa there, dont get me wrong. I'm all for the environment being maintained and people living environmentally friendly lives. What I am not for is the blame being placed squarely on humans, and becoming a political issue when there is plenty of solid scientific evidence out there that goes contrary to what is being spouted by politicians.

Yes do what you can to limit your impact on the environment, and do what you can to get both, full sides of the story.

A very brief but interesting vid on this issue is 'the great global warming swindle' just a start point to get into alternate scientific views.