Lakers

Dr T

Guest MormonGator

Game Recap: Lakers Drop 3rd Straight Preseason Game With Loss To Raptors :(

Preseason doesn't matter my friend. They usually put in guys that have as much chance at making the team as you and I do. 

IDK.  I have liked his skills but not his attitude MG.  I'm not sure how that would look with what we have right now in two young bucks starting out their careers, Kobe and what we will be trying to do this year.  I do not expect much this year as in challenging.  I do not think we will make a run.  I hope to have my boys work together, learn what we can from Kobe this year, develop other players and win what we can.  I usually say, "We are going to take it all this year" but I do not feel comfortable with that claim this year (yet) until I see how we work together.  

Last night we lost to Sac (still preseason).  We lost our 1-3 quarters but did play a better 4th.  I want to see that more.  I do not want to see any more injuries.  Kobe was hurt last night and said he is ok.  Of course he said he was OK.  3 years in a row of injuries and he wants to still play not not worry the fans.  He probably thinks he's ok and has always played unless he is dead.  He is a warrior.  A ball hog warrior but a warrior in my eyes.  

"Former Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom is reportedly fighting for his life after being found unconscious at Dennis Hof’s Love Ranch South in Pahrump, Nevada." Lakersnation said he is fighting for his life and Mitch and Kobe went to visit him.

Guest MormonGator

"Former Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom is reportedly fighting for his life after being found unconscious at Dennis Hof’s Love Ranch South in Pahrump, Nevada." Lakersnation said he is fighting for his life and Mitch and Kobe went to visit him.

I was a fan of him way back to his days in URI. Hugely talented, hugely troubled man. I offer up my prayers. I hope and pray he gets through this. 

I believe the cavs have a legit chance at winning the title if they stay healthy.  I am a firm believer that a certain amount of "luck" or whatever you want to call it is required for ANY team to win it all.  So much goes on throughout the season that isn't in your direct control, and the "luck" is that things favor you enough in a way to make it to the top.  Obviousely a huge portion is directly affected by players, their skills/talents, coaching, style of play, their opposition etc.  Last year I believe the warriors had luck in their favor, and the Cavs were unlucky.

I've watched Bryant a few times so far this pre season, and while it is just pre-season (things can change), if he doesn't get a WHOLE lot better, I think he should call it quits after this season.  You can just see how SLOW and unexplosive he is (he was much better coming back from the achilles before he got injured again).

Spurs will be great to see if they can bring their "super" team all together or if they will fail like others have before them.  While Miami only went 2-2 with their super team, some people automatically think a bunch of talent = championships.  Look at what happened to the Lakers (granted I think given another year, or if they all stayed healthy it may have been different), the nets had alot of talent last few years with nothing to show, etc.  If any team has a history of showing it, it is the Spurs, but I am excited to see how well Aldridge fits in.

Hi ergo84,

Good thoughts.  I agree with your comments on Kobe, he is slowing, he will be limited with minutes and he should have hug it up before now.  I reserve comments on the teams until I see what they bring this year.  

Our last preseason game vs the champs was a stomping, they whipped the floor with us, we got pounded and from the beginning til the end it was men vs boys. The first real game is Next Wednesday 10/28/15.

Edited by Dr T

Hi ergo84,

Good thoughts.  I agree with your comments on Kobe, he is slowing, he will be limited with minutes and he should have hug it up before now.  I reserve comments on the teams until I see what they bring this year.  

Being a super competitive person myself, I can definitely understand his desire to come back and finish on a high note.  And then you think to yourself, we did better, maybe next year we can do even better!  It is very hard to "hang em up", especially when you consider he has been doing it for over half his life, that is a huge change.  But yes, I think he should of retired already, and if this isn't his last year, I probably won't pay much attention to him next year because it only will diminish his legacy in my eyes

"The Los Angeles Lakers trimmed their roster down to 15 players this morning, after waiving guard Jabari Brown."  I liked Jabari Brown as he is getting better.  I read he does not want to play for the D league and will look to go over seas.  We'll see if keeping Ron Artest was the right choice or not as time passes.  

Guest MormonGator

I think the Cavs if they stay healthy will be the team to beat.

Yup, I agree totally. I think the window is closing on them though. If not now, it better be soon. 

Game one vs the Wolves. We started strong and did alright through 3 and what happens too often with by boys happened again. We fell off in the 4th to end 111-112. We needed more assists, less turn overs and we need to hold the lead boys! 0-1. :(