Lakers

Dr T

It was an exciting game to watch tonight. I had to leave 40 seconds before the finish and pick up a person who needed a ride and didn't get the final score, but they should have won. Too bad for Howard's untimely fouls.

Anyway, I was very impressed with the Kobe Bryant played tonight. He is the heart and soul of the team. Watching the Lakers play made having a bad cold more tolerable. If they lost, they lost with dignity, if one good definition coming from the Lakers could be given them. I thought that they were a much better team than the Clippers.

Edited by Gargantuan
spelling

It was a 102-107 loss to the Clips last game. I hear what you are saying Gar. We took a 19 point deficit back down to to 2 but in the end we could not get it done. Kobe played well, Dwight sprained his shoulder, and now there is talk about Dwight leaving to play for another team next year. Rumors galore on him as of last game. We play the Nuggets tonight in an attempt to stop our two game slide. Come on Lakers!

I've been sick, in bed most of the day, and didn't get a chance to watch it. It may not have been available through my ESPN, which is all I can use for now. Later, after my budget gets tighter, I will depend solely upon you for my Laker news. Thanks for your support of the Lakers. Gar

Edited by Gargantuan
grammar

Last night was took on Denver. Dwight tied his career high with 26 rebounds and Kobe was on. Even though we played ok, we had too many turnovers and went nearly nine minutes without a bucket in the second half of Sunday's 112-105. Kobe scored 18 of his 29 in the fourth quarter. I know we can win these games. We have a tough upcoming schedule but I know we can pull out wins. I have not yet lost hope.

Lakers injury update from Lakers.com

Howard, who originally injured his right shoulder Friday night against the Clippers and re-aggravated his shoulder last night, was examined today by team doctor Steve Lombardo. An MRI exam revealed that he has a torn labrum and will be out indefinitely; he will travel with the team this week to Houston and San Antonio and will receive treatment from the team’s training staff. He will be re-examined in a week.

Gasol, who suffered a blow to the face in the fourth quarter of last night’s game, was examined by neurologist Dr. Vern Williams. Tests determined that he has a concussion. He will not travel with the team, and will be out indefinitely.

Hill suffered an injury to his right hip in last night’s game and will be examined today by Dr. Lombardo. Results of the examination will be released later today.

Lakers injury update from Lakers.com

Howard, who originally injured his right shoulder Friday night against the Clippers and re-aggravated his shoulder last night, was examined today by team doctor Steve Lombardo. An MRI exam revealed that he has a torn labrum and will be out indefinitely; he will travel with the team this week to Houston and San Antonio and will receive treatment from the team’s training staff. He will be re-examined in a week.

Gasol, who suffered a blow to the face in the fourth quarter of last night’s game, was examined by neurologist Dr. Vern Williams. Tests determined that he has a concussion. He will not travel with the team, and will be out indefinitely.

Hill suffered an injury to his right hip in last night’s game and will be examined today by Dr. Lombardo. Results of the examination will be released later today.

The Lakers go on the road for a back-to-back, starting with tonight's matchup against the Houston Rockets (20-14) at 5:00pm PT at the Toyota Center. Howard, Gasol, and Hill will not play.

Steve Nash is only 5 assists shy of becoming the 5th member of the elite 10,000 assist club. We are short handed tonight and on the road we have our work cut out for us. I think we brought Robert Sacre back up from the D league. He is strong and I look forward to what he will bring. Get to work boys!

Tonights game, on the road against the Rockets was the game Steve Nash joined a select few players (4 others) to dish out 10,000 assists. Nash score 16 points, had 10 assists and 5 rebounds. Stockton passed out over 15,000 assists-that is amazing to me. 10,000 is fantastic though too WTG Nash! and Ron Artest put in 24 points and had 4 steals and Kobe added 20 points and 7 assists tonight. They call assist "dimes" but I have no idea why. I thought we played fairly well in the first half and we fell apart in the third and Houston keep on scoring. We ended this game with a 112-125 loss to them. Houston have won 5 in a row and they played well tonight. We were missing three players so they can recuperate. Another loss for my boys. :( This is so odd. I know I keep saying it but I'm not used to losing like this. We are way back in the standings but I still have hope we can pull it together to play like they look on paper before the season began. I'm doubting we can take it all this year based on how much we are losing but I will still put hope in my boys. Come on Lakers. We have two more hard match up next.

Edited by Dr T

We have lost and lost this season and had had difficulty winning lately and we now face San Antonio in their house. We still have three players out tonight and I hope to get oen from them but they are sitting at 27-10 so I can only hope but it doesn't look promising. The Spurs have a ten game home win streak going too. Pau will be reevaluated on Thursday. Kobe was unable to get past 25 points for the first time in 18 games against the Rockets last game. We beat them in San Antonia two out of three visits there so I can hold on to hope maybe? That is not much to hold onto though, I understand. GO LAKERS!

OK a loss is a loss BUT we did not lose by tons in San Antonio and I will take that tonight. Artest had 23 points, 8 rebounds and 7 steals, Kobe put in 27 points and Earl Clark had 22 points and 13 boards and we came up short with a good rally. Steve Nash also had 14 points and 9 assists. Final score was 108-105 Spurs tonight. We can do this if we tie it together quickly.

We face the Thunder again tomorrow at 7:30 Pacific. We are facing a 6th game losing streak if OKC beats us for the second time this season. We have not lost six in a row since 2007. We are still missing our guys and KD and Westbrook, who played for UCLA, will be joining us on our home floor. This does not look good for us again.

My Lakers dropped to 15-21 tonight with our sixth straight loss with a 116-101 defeat by OKC. Basically this was a blow out win for the Thunder. The first quarter was a push and we won in the fourth but KD and Westbrook had their way with us. Kobe scored a team-high 28 points, Antawn Jamison added 19 points and 10 rebounds while Earl Clark had 10 points and 10 rebounds. Bad news on Jordan Hill. He will be out the remainder of this season due to a hip injury. :( Basically, my boys could not stop them and our defense was embarrassing. We get the Cavs on Sunday. I hope we get that one. We ought to win and we ought to have won TONS this season but it just isn't happening. With our 4 future hall of famers, "we should be on top" but just as we failed when we had Gary Paton, Malone, Bryant and Shaqu we couldn't do it then either. We got swept that year I think but at least they made it to the finals (not that making it there and not winning the whole thin is ok with me) but I wonder if we can even make it into the playoffs this year? Tons of sadness here... :(

There isn’t any doubt that the Lakers are a great team. When I lived in Vegas, I supported the Lakers, but that was a long time ago. I remember that I liked the Celtics as well, because of the greats they had on their team. Times can change a team profile, however, and one player may dominate the team more than another may, but one thing always remains the same. It is always a team effort, once they can play together well as a team, things usually gel and the truly great:fireball: players will inspire the rest of the team onto the greatness that they know is possible. It is, however, always inspiring:) for me as a spectator to see a great player as Kobe is play out his heart and not only inspire his teammates, but those that watch him as well.

Edited by Gargantuan
Format

I agree with what you said in your last post Gar. When a man, such as Nash, can make his teammates better, offer them opportunities for easy looks, shares the ball, is humble, a team can thrive. Kobe is amazing. He has the ability to make crazy shots, he wants the ball in his hands at the end when it really matters, as he is clutch in those moments. I've watched him since he came into the league at age 17, saw all the conflict between him and Shaq and his playing through all the pain and his killer determination which I admire. He takes a ton of shots and when he does that to the exclusion of his teammates, I think it stifles a team feeling. We he can trust others, share the ball, his important shots and just facilitate more then I know we are a better team. I've watch my Lakers all my life. I watched the Showtime Lakers and the C's battle it out. I loved those battles. I've always had a hard time trailing their championship record and shake my head when losing to them still. The Celtics have talent. Running things through tough KG in the middle and Pierce all that Rondo adds, plus the role players, they are really good. It is too bad for them that Ray Allen went to Miami. With all the talent that the Lakers put together, I was floored and super excited during the off season to see what we were going to put together but I have been really let down this year. The Lakers are my team. They will always be my team. I bleed purple and gold and this season hurts. If we put it all together, go on a tear then maybe we can make it into the playoffs but we need to snap out of this losing thing, don't lose anybody else to injury and be able to work together with all we have to offer we can maybe make it to the playoffs. I'm not saying we can beat a lot of those teams like OKC, Miami, San Antonio, NY, Boston, and my other top rated teams but if we pull it together I will yell out GO LAKERS!

Yes Pale, they were greatness and SO fun to watch. Magic was phenomenal, Kareem, the big man that had the killer hook shot, big game James... They were fun. Then we had the Pistons, the Bulls... those are memories... Some I wish I could forget but others, GREAT. :)

Tonight at 6:30, in our house, we get Cleveland. The Cavs are 9 and 29 but we are looking to avoid our seventh straight loss so we better take them seriously. They have fast movers, they are without Varejao is out after surgery but that does not mean, "go easy". We need to taste a win so there is no better night than tonight. I'm ready to start winning.

With Howard looking strong in his return to the Lakers floor, he played well with 22 points and 14 boards. It was a good victory in a 113-93 victory over the Cavaliers tonight. Kobe put in 23 points and 6 assists, Antawn had 16 points, Morris had 14 points, Clark had 9 rebounds and 13 points, Nash had 9 assists and 10 points. We came out ready to play tonight as seen by our first, third and fourth quarters. Well, really the first and third were good quarters and the third was fine but not as good as those others two and we lost the second quarter. I'm happy we won and will take this one. I hope it is one of many!