I have been less active for about 6 years and too be honest I have been really depressed in that time. Last night I decided I needed to come back to church and today has been a great and happy day. Until now, when I realized I don't know where I need to go. In the 6 years I have moved too far away from my old ward (about 10,000 miles) and I really don't know where to start to look for my ward here in the states. Can anyone help me with where to look to get the information.

I have been less active for about 6 years and too be honest I have been really depressed in that time. Last night I decided I needed to come back to church and today has been a great and happy day. Until now, when I realized I don't know where I need to go. In the 6 years I have moved too far away from my old ward (about 10,000 miles) and I really don't know where to start to look for my ward here in the states. Can anyone help me with where to look to get the information.

If you cant find it on the map simply look up the directory in your area and call any church office or indivuldual {bishop" e.t.c....} or go online to the missionaries. Or you can contact any member whom you trust to give your address and phone to to get a hold of your bishop.:)

If you cant find it on the map simply look up the directory in your area and call any church office or indivuldual {bishop" e.t.c....} or go online to the missionaries. Or you can contact any member whom you trust to give your address and phone to to get a hold of your bishop.:)

Unfortunately I have just moved to this area and know no-one also I have only just joined this site 2 days ago. I appreciate your help

Hi Sakuragirl,

From one returned inactive to another, welcome. I remember how intimidating it was to walk back into a church after 6-ish years. And yet surprisingly, they didn't make me sit up on the podium wearing a big sign that said "sinner".

I recommend being honest with who you are and what you would like to see. People can be much more useful to you if they understand where you're coming from.

LM

Loud I have to admit I am terrified of going back not only because I am inactive but for the last 8 months I have left my house on average once every 2-3 weeks and each time has been for less than an hour.

I glad to hear that you dont have to wear a huge sign or anything like that, but it does feel like there will be a sign there anyway.