Movie Mix-and-Match

Wingnut

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Okay, I'm changing my previous stipulation against using lines from TV shows, because I keep thinking of good lines from TV shows. I will ask that whenever possible, you name the episode you are referencing in addition to the name of the show.)

"I'm sorry...how does a phone work?"

The West Wing ("The Two Bartlets" -- Season 3)

"Here comes trouble."

The Watchmen movie

"And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire... "

Office Space

Sam: "You know what we need? Kindling. Donna, could you get us some dry leaves?"

Donna: "Sure, I'll just run out to the forest and be right back."

Josh: "She's not getting us leaves, is she?"

(a couple minutes later...)

Charlie: "Mr. President, you know how you told me not to wake you unless the building was on fire...?"

The West Wing ("The Leadership Breakfast")

Edited by Wingnut

Peter Venkman: He did it again! He slimed me in my sleep.

[Ray, Egon and Winston try holding Peter back]

Peter Venkman: Just let me zap him with the proton blaster. Please.

Egon Spengler: Woah, Peter. Just calm down and ask him why he was sleeping in your bed.

Peter Venkman: Okay, we'll try it your way. Slimer, come here. Why were you sleeping in my bed?

[slimer quickly begins to explain to Peter that his night light burnt out and he didn't want to sleep by himself]

Peter Venkman: You mean to tell me that you couldn't sleep in your own bed because your night light burnt out and you didn't want to sleep by yourself?

(The Real Ghostbusters)