School?

a-train

I just started. Doing general education mostly, hopefully I'll get a doctorate in the theater.

I say 'hopefully' because that's my dream line of study. However, I feel I may end up studying something else- perhaps communication- for monetary purposes. I love the theater, but it's hard to raise a family with work related to a theater degree.

Like pammy, I've fully been thinking about heading back to school myself. I would have to start all over from the beginning though, since I got married right out of high school and started my family. And I would be so torn between going back to become an educator (elementary education) or something more along the lines of the business I'm in and furthering my career there. If I go with the second choice my company will pay for it...so! That's a big incentive to go the HR/Business route. :) decisions decisions!

Economics. I'm taking Macroeconomics, Algebra, Pre-Civil War American History, Political Science, and an English Course.

I've not been to school in over ten years. I only went one semester to a community college before I dropped out to start my business. Today however, my interests have had me studying so much that I decided to go to school (might as well take advantage). I work part time for FedEx and they pay $3000 toward tuition (non-taxed in addition to salary). This is enought for two semesters full-time at my local community college. Thus, school is virtually free.

Now I am trying to figure out to where I will transfer. Park College is blocks from my house, but I am having second thoughts about it because I have talked to students who have told me that the economics department is simply the study of Keynes (two friends got their degree in economics there).

One friend is trying to convince me to transfer to the University of Texas at Austin. My wife is like: "When are we leaving!!!?!?!?" (She hates the winters here in Kansas City).

Apparently enrollments have sky-rocketed in my area, a condition said by my economics professor to be usual in a recession. She says male enrollment usual goes up dramatically in such circumstances.

Anyways, I have enjoyed this first month and I am excited about being in school the next few years.

-a-train

Pale never went to college other than 1yr to a trade school....which I no longer work in that trade and have not worked in it for over 5yrs...All 4 of my kids will have a college education...my oldest is a RN....my second oldest daughter is a Teacher...my son is going to school now to be a Teacher....my youngest daughter is going to school to be Nutrionist. I encourage everyone to go....get that education...The Glory of God is Intelligence....:)

The replacement for the Nissan 350Z.

Which replaced the 300ZX (which I used to have...don't ask JD about that car..he had a bad experience with it..3 days before he married my sister), which replaced the 280Z, which replaced the 260Z, which replaced the 240Z..you get the idea.