I'm Brand New!

So here I am. A Latter-Day Saint. A Mormon, if you will. If you would have told me two years ago that I would someday abandon my Catholic faith and join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I would have laughed in your face, and then probably kicked you out of my house.

Alas, it's true. It's all true. The Book of Mormon, the Church, Joseph Smith, the Prophet Thomas Monson...

and here I am, shaking my head as I prepare another casserole for another Relief Society Enrichment meeting. Me, a modern day Molly Mormon. What??? Really????

Yes, really. The Book of Mormon has become so dear to me that I want to share it with everyone. If, however, you do not find it to be true, please don't tell me, because I will cry. You don't want to see me cry, so pray about it, please!

If I have to go home for a weekend and miss Sacrament meeting, my whole week is wrecked.

I treat the missionaries like sons, except for the one who was much closer to my age, with whom I managed to fall in love. (We're best friends now, much easier, since he's 2000 miles away and I'm taken already!) I hate transfers. They make me cry.

I have discovered a latent desire to want to be a domestic goddess. I love to bake and can, and I'm sure I would love to sew if I could thread the dang fetching needle! Blah.

I want to have at least three children, preferably six. My boyfriend, however, does not want children, so this may be difficult. However, owing to the nature of his disease (Duchenne muscular dystrophy) I can understand his reluctance. It doesn't make me any less frustrated, however, when he says he doesn't want to adopt, either.

To make a long story short(er), I was baptized on the seventh of February, comfirmed on the eighth, and received my first calling a week later. I am so happy!!! I have finally found a family to whom I truly belong.

Blessings,

Kate

So here I am. A Latter-Day Saint. A Mormon, if you will. If you would have told me two years ago that I would someday abandon my Catholic faith and join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I would have laughed in your face, and then probably kicked you out of my house.

Alas, it's true. It's all true. The Book of Mormon, the Church, Joseph Smith, the Prophet Thomas Monson...

and here I am, shaking my head as I prepare another casserole for another Relief Society Enrichment meeting. Me, a modern day Molly Mormon. What??? Really????

Yes, really. The Book of Mormon has become so dear to me that I want to share it with everyone. If, however, you do not find it to be true, please don't tell me, because I will cry. You don't want to see me cry, so pray about it, please!

If I have to go home for a weekend and miss Sacrament meeting, my whole week is wrecked.

I treat the missionaries like sons, except for the one who was much closer to my age, with whom I managed to fall in love. (We're best friends now, much easier, since he's 2000 miles away and I'm taken already!) I hate transfers. They make me cry.

I have discovered a latent desire to want to be a domestic goddess. I love to bake and can, and I'm sure I would love to sew if I could thread the dang fetching needle! Blah.

I want to have at least three children, preferably six. My boyfriend, however, does not want children, so this may be difficult. However, owing to the nature of his disease (Duchenne muscular dystrophy) I can understand his reluctance. It doesn't make me any less frustrated, however, when he says he doesn't want to adopt, either.

To make a long story short(er), I was baptized on the seventh of February, comfirmed on the eighth, and received my first calling a week later. I am so happy!!! I have finally found a family to whom I truly belong.

Blessings,

Kate

O' Katie...I enjoy the zeal of those who have the Spirit of fire. Welcome to the forum and look forward for your awesome contributions.

Guest missingsomething

HEY... lookie... Its a Molly Mormon!

You sound great and I look forward to getting to know you! Welcome.

And watch out for pale... hes stealthy sneaky... and yes... pam bites....