Hello, I am Jasmin

Jasmin

Hello! My name is Jasmin. I am not LDS but I am very interested. Every member of the LDS church has always been so nice and recently it seems I have been almost obsessed with learning things about the church. I am writing a paper abour Navuoo for my history class and I started researching and it is hard to stop. It is so weird.:confused: Normally when I am interested in a church I just go to the church and check it out. The only problem with this is that my husband is very anti-lds. His family is too. I feel like I can't do it alone that I have to respect him and his decisions. Another frustrating thing is that he claims to be religious but he never goes to church. I have just started reading the book of Mormon today and only a few chapters because I have a lot of homework. Before I started reading I prayed and I prayed after so that the father would guide me. Hopefully he will show me the truth. Thanks for reading. :)

No. I am not sure. Do you think it is the wise thing to do? I should let the Lord take care of this, you are right. I will just pray and read. I just feel like I am hiding something.

If yu feel yer hiding something, then heavenly father is telling you that this is not the way to go. {dont hide it} if yu feel to share, then yu should, tell your husband how much you love him and that you really feel you need to share this journey with him. Dont forget prayer, the lord "WILL" guide you on your path. And welcome to the board!:)

just wondering what is the huge protest your husband and his family have against the church??

The reason im asking is, I guess if you know, then you might be able to let them know, if its true or that theres more to it then they thought. You can see were im going, right? You can teach them, but dont appear to be teaching. "Did you know..."

Also, marriage is 100% you and 100% him and respect is also 100%, he has to respect you the same, it really doesnt matter what his parents think, well maybe it was my parents that didnt get to vote, lol. If your old enough to marry your old enough to pick your religion.

Do yourself a favor walk into the church just like any other church you have investigated its no different, I dont know any LDS service that starts before 10 am, heres a heads up the first Sunday of every month is fasting testimony unless its General Conference.

His family is very baptist and they have read a lot of anti-LDS literature. I also had read anti-lds literature but I don't take it serious. When I was a JW I read so much anti-JW literature and 90% is wrong and the other 10% is misrepresented. I feel with all religions it is faith it isn't supposed to be logical. I am planning on going to a service this sunday or next. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jasmin:

I was excited to read about your interest in the LDS Church. I am glad you are reading the Book of Mormon, too.

Something important I want to share with you is the idea of how we recognize truth. And how the knowledge of God comes to us.

I don't know how you were raised, or what your core beliefs are about God, or if you even believe in God.

Everything that I know about God has come from God, personally. I was raised in the LDS Church, and I took a lot of what I was told at face value. I didn't really question it. I just accepted it. I knew it "felt" good and it "felt" right -- but it is not the same thing as knowledge. I would encourage you to read Alma chapter 32 - and think about how your reading the Book of Mormon might compare to the process that is described there.

After a period of several years of inactivity, I became interested in the Church again. But this time there was something that made an incredible difference inside of me. The difference was - I was seeking it this time. I cannot say enough how important this was for me. I wanted to know if these things were really true. Not for anyone else ... but for me. And bit by bit, the Lord has revealed the truth of these things to me personally through the Holy Ghost. I can now say I know for myself. That knowledge is not dependent on any other person. That is the process that I desire for you, Jasmin.

Thanks. I'll stop rambling now.

Welcome to the site!

Tom

Oh Baptist I was baptist for a little while but I was young, from what I hear from other baptist LDS are considered non Christians but when you visit the church you'll see its wrong. Ive met a couple JW nice people :)

Another big issue we see alot is the Trinity or God Head as we call it, but the Spirit has to confirm alot of things about religion because people can argue all day about what they believe verses what you believe.

Good im glad your willing to try it out on your own sometimes thats what a person of faith has to do, and to honest women seem to hold that position in most familys, but you'll see our church is very very big concerning family, just keep in touch and let us know your experience good or bad, ok.

Jolee

Welcome!

Keep on praying and reading. When you pray, just remember that God lives and he will answer yes or no. I think that is one thing some people forget when praying about the Book of Mormon. They think they are praying for a yes answer. You have to trust that God will answer and be willing to follow that answer no matter what and be willing to follow the answer you receive

With your husband, it might cause some conflict. The first thing I suggest is finding out for yourself whether the Book of Mormon is true. Once you know, nothing he can say or do will change what you have learned from on high.

Exercise faith in God, trust that he will answer, and that if you do all you can to live up to that answer, God will go before you and guide you along the best path.

Welcome Jasmin.

You have felt the influence of the Holy Ghost or Spirit of Truth as he is also known.

You are feeling what is described in Moroni 10:3-5. May the Lord truly bless and guide you in your search for truth.

I know he will help you share with your husband especially as you come to understand the eternal nature of the family.

Darrel

Hi Jasmin so nice to meet you!

I was lutheran for 30 years my husband did not like my change of religion. But I could not not ot join I KNEW it was true! I ahve not regretted. I am just sad for my ex husband... cant understand that people can be so in to tradition.

Btw BackYardProfesor on youtube has some really good ipods on trinity and stuff and a lot of good videos.

I hope all best for you. nice that you are going to church!

I can say this LDS church IS the true church of Jesus Christ. It is nto easy to become a member, but it IS worth it!