Milk

ceeboos_boss

Wonder if some people could see The Passion of the Christ but not draw a moral lesson from it, since he was well after all ...err ....umm... Jewish. Or would that be extraneous anyway, because it was R rated?

:confused:

There was a thread awhile back about the movie....several here mentioned they seen it....I have not seen it and I will not see it...because its Rated "R"...but like I always say....thats my choice not to....the movie might be very good but I will never know...:)

What was disturbing about this movie? Besides the fact that he was killed because of bigotry.

And the movie isn't "Harvey Milk" The movie is just called "Milk".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Harvey Milk killed because he and Moscone wouldn't give Dan White his supervisor job back, not because he was gay?

Anyways, didn't see the movie it's R. And I'm not a fan of men mashing on screen.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Harvey Milk killed because he and Moscone wouldn't give Dan White his supervisor job back, not because he was gay?

Anyways, didn't see the movie it's R. And I'm not a fan of men mashing on screen.

He was disliked and not taken seriously by Dan White because he was gay. Dan White never really treated him with respect or dignity because of his sexuality. So while it was a revenge killing, his sexuality made it that much easier to be sure.

P.S I loved the movie too!:)

I have seen it, I had to take my step mother (she can be very persistent) otherwise I wouldn't have gone. The popcorn was good, plenty of butter. It was actually a good story so to speak (historical). I did not care for some of the (no easy way to say it) so I won't. I'll qualify that statement, I didn't care for any of the .... In the 1930's, the Jews decided they should just ignore Hitler and he would go away. Eventually he did. I guess sometimes you have to be on the front line to fight the battle to defend those ideals which you hold most dear. I hope I haven't offended anyone, there are some very sensitive people posting blogs in this public forum and they only seem to want to get response's which agree with their own.

Meaning that you consider the battle to fight moronic, immoral bigotry against gays as monumental as the fight against Hitler's Nazism?

That's a bit of a stretch but I guess I understand where you are coming from.

Which brings up and interesting point - what's up with your avatar and username?

Edited by Snow