talisyn

This movie never interested me so I'm finally watching it today with my daughter. Maybe it's because my daughter is almost the same age as Nim, maybe I'm just in a weird mood, but I found myself teary in a few places so far. Right now Alex is on the plane. I love this movie! I would hope if my daughter was in trouble like that (i.e. parent not able to help) she would be cared for.

So, any good movies out there that I might have missed?

Sorry if this has been done, i tried to use the search function but nothing showed up :P

Mods, could you move this to the movie forum please? I thought that forum was only for lds movies, sorry!

Edited by talisyn
move post plea

I love Nim's Island!

Have you seen Because of Winn Dixie or Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium? Our family really liked both of those as well.

I haven't seen them, because of the same reason I didn't see Nim's Island. I see my colossal error in that and will now(!!!!!) rent both movies :)

Edited by talisyn
amazing how the words 'not' and 'now' totally change meanings

IMO:

Meet the Robinsons was a great movie about how "bad guys" come to be.

The Spiderwick Chronicles had a great message about how sometimes people are just jerks - even if we love them.

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium deals with death and mourning in good ways.

The Barnyard was the dumbest movie I've seen in a decade. As far as I can tell, the only message was 'partying is important, and if important stuff gets in the way, take care of it so you can go back to partying'.

LM

High School Musical was very good. While not my personal type of movie all three children 13-8 liked it, okay the two oldest girls more then the youngest boy. What I liked was that we check movies out with a christian online review board and it was the first movie that had nothing negative in the review.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen them, because of the same reason I didn't see Nim's Island. I see my colossal error in that and will now(!!!!!) rent both movies :)

correction

I will NOW rent the movies. I meant 'now'. I can't believe I let that mistype pass me. sorry!

correction

I will NOW rent the movies. I meant 'now'. I can't believe I let that mistype pass me. sorry!

Hee, hee, i knew that's what you meant. :D

By the way, i second Meet the Robinsons. I LOVE that movie. I love the message of not dwelling on the past but learning from our mistakes.

Wow, i haven't seen Rigaletto for ages. That movie was filmed in Helper, Utah, which is very close to where i grew up in Price. I could sit and point out all the extras i know who are in the background of this movie. :D

The guy who played Rigoletto...his voice is amazing!!!! It's like hearing one of the angels singing (the angels with the swords, not those silly harps). I didn't know it was filmed in Utah, it's a good location :D

Definitely, very amazing voice.

One more suggestion:

We recently watch Bedtime Stories and totally loved it. We usually try to avoid Adam Sandler movies, but this one was really good.

• 3 weeks later...