A true princess: Miss California

Wingnut

I don't know the whole story but this is nuts; She didn't lose because of her answer. She lost because ultimately someone scored more points than she did.

Correct me if I am wrong but don't the judges score the contestants in various way? Evening gown, swim suits, interview question? And don't the points get added up and then don't you win or lose based on how many points you have compared to someone else?

I saw a tiny bit of the competition and I am glad she didn't win. She wasn't as good looking as some of the other contestants.

And if she and Miss South Carolina had equal points going into the question round, and she was awarded less points than Miss South Carolina was (both of which Mr. Perez alluded to), then this would be the reason that she lost.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if she and Miss South Carolina had equal points going into the question round, and she was awarded less points than Miss South Carolina was (both of which Mr. Perez alluded to), then this would be the reason that she lost.

No - that's like saying that the Utah Jazz lost to the Lakers because the Jazz missed the last shot of the game.

The last shot of the game accounts for just 2 of the some 200 points scored during the game by both teams. It would be an important basket to be sure - but all the preceeding 100 or so baskets by both teams would have been equally important (just not as dramatic) else missing the final shot would have meant nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Miss California is not too bright. She thinks she has, or should have, a constitutional right to say whatever she wants to in a pageant competition and not be marked down for it in the scoring:

Breitbart.tv Carrie Prejean on Free Speech Firestorm: ‘This Should Not Happen in America’

On the other hand - she likes to pose nude - so she's got that going for her.

... hardly a princess.

Apparently Miss California is not too bright. She thinks she has, or should have, a constitutional right to say whatever she wants to in a pageant competition and not be marked down for it in the scoring:

Breitbart.tv Carrie Prejean on Free Speech Firestorm: ‘This Should Not Happen in America’

We had a poster here, who'd been in beauty peagants, suggest that Prejean would lose points for HOW she answered, more than WHAT her opinion was. Private entities can judge however they wish, but me thinks it absurd if she lost points for saying she personally believed marriage should be between a man and a woman. Also, her answer was cautious, recognizing that there were different viewpoints, and ultimately, the democratic process, not she, would decide.

On the other hand - she likes to pose nude - so she's got that going for her.

Apparently, that's exactly how Trump felt.

Edited by prisonchaplain

One reporter pointed out that the swimsuits that the contestants are required to wear were just as, if not more, reveling as those semi-nude pitchers of Ms. Prejean, yet no one is commenting on the swimsuit of Prejean, just of those 'shocking' pitchers of when Ms. Prejean was a model.

If Mr. Hilton didn't want a politically charged, and religiously charged answer, then he shouldn't have asked a politically and religiously charged question.

One reporter pointed out that the swimsuits that the contestants are required to wear were just as, if not more, reveling as those semi-nude pitchers of Ms. Prejean, yet no one is commenting on the swimsuit of Prejean, just of those 'shocking' pitchers of when Ms. Prejean was a model.

If Mr. Hilton didn't want a politically charged, and religiously charged answer, then he shouldn't have asked a politically and religiously charged question.

I've yet to see a topless bathing suit in a beauty pageant.

We had a poster here, who'd been in beauty peagants, suggest that Prejean would lose points for HOW she answered, more than WHAT her opinion was. Private entities can judge however they wish, but me thinks it absurd if she lost points for saying she personally believed marriage should be between a man and a woman. Also, her answer was cautious, recognizing that there were different viewpoints, and ultimately, the democratic process, not she, would decide.

Apparently, that's exactly how Trump felt.

My issue was her nutty argument AFTER the pageant that alluded to being marked down as unconstitutional.... and her obviously disingenuous to explain the nude photography as accidental. I don't much care if she/someone does nude modeling but her excuse didn't sound honest.

She's still a gorgeous spokesperson for the Traditional Marriage cause. Hopefully her handlers can get her up to snuff on dealing with relentless and unfriendly media--starting with, "Upfront honesty usually deflects ever more vigilant dredging."