Gospel blessings!!!!

I posted quite a while back about my mom and how she has been inactive and has some issues with smoking and also had been influenced by some anti-mormon sites. Well, I have an exciting update.

Some back round info......my mom needs back surgery and has no insurance. She is in a great deal of pain and is basically home bound and is physically wasting away. She has applied for aid through Vocational Rehab, but it appeared to be a dead end. So,I have been spending some time with her and answering some of her concerns and questions about the church. She asked me why the Lord doesn't answer her prayers and why she can't get the surgery she needs. I gave her my views on how he answers and prayers and also how blessings come with obedience and often after trials of our faith. I suggested to her that she should call her Bishop and talk to him......and she did! She ha been attending church for a few weeks now, even though the pain is excruciating.

Now for the really cool part.......Vocational Rehab called and they are going to pay for the surgery and she will have it next week. Blessings follow obedience.....very cool.

Kool. What kind of surgery is she gonna have?

I'm an Orthopaedic Surgeon, and spent 3 months on a Spine rotation.

Not sure. She has degenerative disc disease and two vertebrates are protruding and pressing on her sciatic nerve. Doc says if she walks too much the nerve could be severed and she wouldn't have use of her legs any longer. She is in a great deal of pain....her legs hurt and burn. She takes Neurontin 5 times a day and Oxycontin.

Sciatica is nasty, never had it myself.

Its kinda important to know if she is gonna have a simple decompression or spinal instrumentation (metal hardware and bony fusion). And make sure that her surgeon has a good reputation and track record. This is based upon a slogan that I figured out long ago... -- It can always get worse --

Unfortunatley that slogan can apply to any situation.

Sciatica is nasty, never had it myself.

Its kinda important to know if she is gonna have a simple decompression or spinal instrumentation (metal hardware and bony fusion). And make sure that her surgeon has a good reputation and track record. This is based upon a slogan that I figured out long ago... -- It can always get worse --

Unfortunatley that slogan can apply to any situation.

I think the latter and her surgeon has a very good reputation, although we live in a relatively small community, so the pool of Docs to choose from is rather small. But she seems to like him.......at this point she is willing to do anything to get rid of the pain.

I posted quite a while back about my mom and how she has been inactive and has some issues with smoking and also had been influenced by some anti-mormon sites. Well, I have an exciting update.

Some back round info......my mom needs back surgery and has no insurance. She is in a great deal of pain and is basically home bound and is physically wasting away. She has applied for aid through Vocational Rehab, but it appeared to be a dead end. So,I have been spending some time with her and answering some of her concerns and questions about the church. She asked me why the Lord doesn't answer her prayers and why she can't get the surgery she needs. I gave her my views on how he answers and prayers and also how blessings come with obedience and often after trials of our faith. I suggested to her that she should call her Bishop and talk to him......and she did! She ha been attending church for a few weeks now, even though the pain is excruciating.

Now for the really cool part.......Vocational Rehab called and they are going to pay for the surgery and she will have it next week. Blessings follow obedience.....very cool.

Absolutely wonderfull; and lets hope everythng turns out for the better! And also i might add that thank the lord for programs like voc rehab that helps citizens in great need. As they changed life for my entire family many years ago with a surgery that enabled me to continue to work for a living.:)