Thank you LDS.net

interalia

Hello all,

I realize that I am an infrequent poster at best. I tend to only respond to topics I have strong feelings about, but tend to enjoy reading your posts and more in particular - specific posters that I admire.

When I came here, I was lost, confused, and felt very alone. I had a tremendous weight upon my shoulders and was looking for hands to hold me up. Coming here was an attempt to reach out to other LDS members and be open about my particular trial. You all served as a test to gauge the reactions I might receive from others to whom I disclosed elements about my past - knowing that at some future time, I would need to be open with the world.

I'm pleased to say that coming here emboldened me to take the steps I needed to take to embrace the revelations the Lord gave me, as well as have the strength to confront my particular demon.

I received a revelation in November that 2009 would be an incredibly difficult year, but that I would have tremendous blessings as a result from it. That revelation could not have proven more true.

I will not go into everything that happened, but suffice it to say, Satan attacked me voraciously, attempting to destroy me to prevent me from taking hold onto the mission the Lord has called me to. This is not a mission given by the Elders of the church, but rather one foretold in my patriarchal blessing and one revealed to me by God. The mission is to represent the church and the Gospel to people who deal with my disorder. An increasingly tall order considering the polarizing effect of Proposition 8.

I have accepted this call and have been lead by the Lord almost daily in what I should do to reach out, to make a difference and prepare them for receiving the Gospel. I have already been met with success, but I am still very much 'in training', preparing for the time when I will be an outspoken and public advocate of the church and subjected to the scorn of those who would esteem me an enemy to their lifestyle.

I told my wife about my patriarchal blessing when we were married. I told her that the day would come when my life would become like an open book, when I would be asked to sacrifice in order to put my scythe to the harvest and take part in saving many. She agreed to stand by me when that day came, and in this year, it did.

If you'd like to see more about my particular journey, and the revelations that have come to me, I'd invite you to take a look at my blog.

GID Inter alia

I also have a profoundly more detailed version of my history regarding my relationship to the church, my conversion, the development of my testimony, and the trials that cemented it here -> GID Inter alia: Who Am I?

So thank you, LDS.net. I look forward to sharing my successes and struggles with you as the years progress that we may strengthen one another and prepare for the Lord's return.