Introductions

Guest Taoist_Saint

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest McDreamy

Hello people of LDSTalk! I just joined today and am VERY impressed by the sheer number of active members to this site!! Looks like a great place to be!

I hope to make lots of friends here.

McDreamy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a friend and family member to many LDS.

I think our mutual respect is a good model for the world. I think we should find all the happiest families (all members...happy)and model our governments off their example. Makes sense?

I am no saint....unless you mean the boondock kind(:

I have no doctrine that I share with anyone I know of.

Though as the name might suggest I have gained most of my insights from "Philosophical" Taoism.

I was born a Wiccan, the Irish kind.

As a person I strive to be moral, courageous, kind and honest.

Tell us about yourself.

Hiya Tzu-Jan! Welcome to the site, I hope you have plenty of happy days here! :)

So, you were born an Irish Wiccan? Were you actually born in Ireland, or just to a family of Irish people? I have Irish ancestry, very proud of it too...

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I was baptized as a LDS several months ago. It seems that shortly after I was baptized I started having doubts. I was an Atheist before my baptism, through the missionaries I started to feel the spirit and everything was great. Unfortunately, like I said I started having doubts. My wife and I would talk about the Church often even though she never believed it, she supported me. The more we talked the more I started to feel less devoted. When I was called upon to homeschool I felt as though I would not be a good teacher, because my faith was weak. I stopped going to Church shortly after.

For the past few months I have been questioning what life is all about. I am still confused about the whole matter but I feel there must be something. I still have a tiny bit of faith in the Church. I will often go to the Book of Mormon and try to harness that faith, but it just does not seem to be working. I thought perhaps having Mormons to talk to would make it a bit easier, so I registered an account here. I've posted here before, but I forget what user ID I had and the password.

I would love to speak to the missionaries but I feel guilty. I feel as though I let the Church down. The last time I saw them I told them that I did not believe anymore. I don't want to burden them anymore. I feel a bit foolish going back into the Church after I professed my faith, got baptized, and then shortly after left it. I don't know, I am a bit lost right now but as I said, I still have a bit of faith that the LDS is the one true Church.

Thank you for listening to me ramble :) Writing this actually gave me a bit more faith.

jim,

first of all, welcome!

second of all, not everyone here is LDS, and though most everyone is kind and friendly, there are a few posters here who might actively tear at your faith, so beware.

third of all, don't feel guilty! Most people, even born and raised members of any faith, go through times of doubt and hesitation. Faith is a journey, not a destination.

Lemme ask you, did you get a series of "new member lessons" after you were baptized? Sort of a repeat of the missionary lessons, but going more indepth and letting you explore questions that may have come up since baptism. If you haven't had those, I highly recommend them! They are usually taught by a local member of the Church, not by the missionaries.

I, for one, will gladly listen to you ramble any time. And I'll also try to answer anything you throw at us. Glad you're searching for that lost connection; it's a good step in the right direction!

- mom

jim,

first of all, welcome!

second of all, not everyone here is LDS, and though most everyone is kind and friendly, there are a few posters here who might actively tear at your faith, so beware.

third of all, don't feel guilty! Most people, even born and raised members of any faith, go through times of doubt and hesitation. Faith is a journey, not a destination.

Lemme ask you, did you get a series of "new member lessons" after you were baptized? Sort of a repeat of the missionary lessons, but going more indepth and letting you explore questions that may have come up since baptism. If you haven't had those, I highly recommend them! They are usually taught by a local member of the Church, not by the missionaries.

I, for one, will gladly listen to you ramble any time. And I'll also try to answer anything you throw at us. Glad you're searching for that lost connection; it's a good step in the right direction!

- mom

Thanks mom,

I hope no one tears at it, it has endured to much as is :). I never did receive the new member lessons, I have the original pamphlets and the Gospel Principles though. I will look around to see if I can find them. Thank you for responding :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya! My name is Adrienne (or Adri for short) and I've been looking around for LDS boards to post at and saw that this one was active and had to join. I've been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints since birth.

Hope to be chatting with you guys soon!

<3 Adri