Introductions

Guest Taoist_Saint

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Welcome Dr. Steuss. You'll find this place a little different from some of the other LDS-related sites, which I think is a good thing.

You wouldn't happen to be the same "john doe" from the MA&D board, would you?

Do you have a problem with John Doe?

Actually, if it's the same "john doe," I have a rather high amount of respect for him (the "john doe" I'm familiar with is extremely knowledgeable, respectable [and respectful] and level-headed). If it isn't, I'm sure I might be able to respect him nonetheless... ;)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div class='quotemain'>

Welcome Dr. Steuss. You'll find this place a little different from some of the other LDS-related sites, which I think is a good thing.

You wouldn't happen to be the same "john doe" from the MA&D board, would you?

Yeah, I post there occasionally. I read much more than I write there. That's where I recognize you from.

• 1 month later...
Guest Douglas

I am an LDS inquirer.

I have great respect the Church and the good work it does,

I have worked with and respect Church members,

I am coming to believe that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God and that The Book of Mormon is true,

I respect President Hinckley as a seer and prophet,

I agree with the basic theological principles of the Mormon Church

That being said conversion can be a winding and sometimes lengthy process so please keep me in your prayers and do know that I am very appreciative of your online friendship here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I thought I might take a minute to introduce myself.

I've been an LDS member all of my life, but i went inactive when i was 17, and just recently started going back to church, It has been the best time of my life so far.

I'm married to a wonderful woman, who isn't LDS (she's catholic) but she is investigating, and already told me she wants our kids when we have them to be raised in the church. She's been extrmely supportive of me going back to church and getting my life straightened out.

I was on a general religious forum but there is so much sladering and debating, which i thought would be fun, but it's really not.

I wish to delve myself back into complete activity in the church, I miss it, I have no idea why I was gone for so long. but i'm glad to be back.

Anyways i hope this place is as good as it looked from the outside!

-MH

Just keep in mind MH that there are many people of many faiths that come here. All are welcome and we love having everyone. It does make room for some disagreements at times so take some comments with a grain of salt. Welcome to the site.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to LDS Talk...

I have been LDS since I was 8, I attended BYU. I have 2 kids, both grown and married. I am grandmother and a professional photographer.

I have a very open mind and have experienced a great deal in my life. I have raced motorcycles, I play ice hockey and I have a 16 track recording studio. I have a few guitars and a very nice keyboard. I love music and what it can bring to your life.

I hope that I can learn here and maybe contribute some!

Kristi

I went to a Styx concert not long ago. Tommy Shaw made a coment about how they used to top some of the charts. He said he was listening to the radio and the DJ called them a "Classic Rock Band." He said he wondered when that all happened. He said that was rather funny.

I loved Styx. Did they come before the wheel was invented or after? (I know fire was already around so I won't ask that silly question.) :lol: Only joking Pammy. Styx are great.

Suffice it to say. The first Styx concert I went to was in 1979 in San Diego.

Styx is a great band! I saw them when Tommy Shaw first joined them.

I recently saw Rush, they were awesome. Also went to see Stray Cats, The Pretenders and ZZ Top. That was a cool concert. I had never seen The Pretenders or The Stray Cats.

I really like a lot of the 70's music also. A CD that I just got is Everything But The Girl, Accoustic. Some really good versions of songs. One of my favorite on that album is "Love is Strange".

Styx is a great band! I saw them when Tommy Shaw first joined them.

I recently saw Rush, they were awesome. Also went to see Stray Cats, The Pretenders and ZZ Top. That was a cool concert. I had never seen The Pretenders or The Stray Cats.

I really like a lot of the 70's music also. A CD that I just got is Everything But The Girl, Accoustic. Some really good versions of songs. One of my favorite on that album is "Love is Strange".

I had such the crush on Tommy Shaw. Okay I still do. Other bands I love are REO Speedwagon, Journey.

Even though he just turned 51 or was it 52 on September 11th.

I had such the crush on Tommy Shaw. Okay I still do. Other bands I love are REO Speedwagon, Journey.

Even though he just turned 51 or was it 52 on September 11th.

REO SPeedwagon is great.. Kevin Cronin is such a character. Journey is cool, Steve Perry was good. I hear Steve Auberge is better but I have not seen them is some time.