Star Trek, Anyone?

Maureen

The forums seem slow and I’m kinda bored with the existing threads so, I’m alerting ya’ll to some fun. If you’re familiar with Star Trek (the original series) TOS, you’ve probably seen the episode called Mirror, Mirror where Kirk, McCoy, Scotty and Uhura are accidentally transported into an alternate universe (an evil universe). Well tonight’s episode on Enterprise is paying homage to TOS’s Mirror, Mirror with a similar episode called In a Mirror, Darkly– where we meet the evil counterparts to Enterprise’s crew in this alternative universe.

It should be a fun episode if some of you have nothing planned (like the required date night – just kidding). Although I hear that that evil Network UPN likes to pre-empt shows in some areas – I hope it’s not yours. :P

M.

I Saw that one tonight, it was a little odd to get in to, thinking the opposite of the other characters.

I will love to see were it is going.

My son (20) tells me there are only four more episodes then its off the air.

Dame networks!

Just when I get in to a sci-fi show it is pulled. :angry:

Are you in to SG1????

I think that has been my all-time favorite!

The note book to the hitchhikers (?) of the Galaxy looks interesting.

That begins in May here.

I watched it for the first time, well half of it.

-Why does the starship have 18 foot vaulted ceilings, wouldn't space be at a premium?

-Why does the starship look so dark and dingy, was lighting too expensive that century?

-How does Scott Bakula manage to be so un-macho? Must be a good actor.

-The vulcan with the lips as full as ripe pomegranates was pretty hot.

OH NO...NOT STAR TREK AGAIN!!!!!

Sorry to rain on your parades, everybody...But I was 'forced' to endure all the episodes of this show, from the original cast until the cast of 1998, by my ex hubby...Trekkie and Dr.Who fanatic!!!!!

EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK....memories..... :(

Star Trek was really cool until people started thinking they were Star Fleet personel and Klingon. What a bunch of LOOSERS.

Now to pretend to be Storm Trooper, well, thats just all together a different matter. ;)

Rent the movie "Trekies"!!!! Its in the special intrest section of your local Block Buster. It is HIGH-Larious!!!!

But Jenda! You don't know what it's like!!!! :o Living with Captain Kirk/Picard for that many years....

Setheus...my ex is one of those losers! He refers to himself as The Admiral now, and my 2 kids (on the weeks when they stay with him), are referred to by some other lower rank (can't remember the name of it now...Trekkies will know!)...at one time he had replaced our wedding pix...after we divorced, of course, with photos of Captain Picard, with his face inserted!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....ALL THESE MEMORIES ARE BRUISING ME!!!!! :o:P:D

LOL...I bet he does!!! I try to avoid any conversations concerning our previous televisual delights when I see him..lol.

He really is the sort who takes it ALL TOO SERIOUSLY!!!! Even shaved his head because of Jean Luc Picard, when his hairline was receeding...he finally accepted that it would be okay to be bald!! LOL... :D

Originally posted by pushka@Apr 23 2005, 11:35 AM

But Jenda! You don't know what it's like!!!! :o Living with Captain Kirk/Picard for that many years....

You might be right, but my ex-husband would understand since he lived with Dr. Who for the last 5 years of our marriage. LOL.

Originally posted by Winnie G@Apr 22 2005, 11:47 PM

Are you in to SG1????

I think that has been my all-time favorite!

The note book to the hitchhikers (?) of the Galaxy looks interesting.

That begins in May here.

Hi Winnie,

No, I'm not really a SG1 fan. I've watched some episodes but just couldn't get interested in it. Though I've read that Ben Browder and Claudia Black, originally from Farscape are joining the cast for Season 9. That might get me a little interested. I'm not sure if I'm interested in Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy yet. Since Enterprise will be gone soon, my scifi interests will focus towards BSG.

M.

Originally posted by Snow@Apr 23 2005, 02:40 AM

-Why does the starship look so dark and dingy, was lighting too expensive that century?

Snow, regarding the lighting - it could just be your TV set. I've noticed a difference in viewing the show between 2 of my TV sets. :D

Jolene Blalock plays T'Pol the Vulcan. Season 4 has been well accepted by many ardent fans and I've enjoyed this season as well but I have one particular pet peeve. From the ending of S3 to the start of S4 it was very obvious that this particular actress had lost some weight - which irked me to no end. She's suppose to play a very logical person - un-necessary weight loss does not seem logical to me. I have no idea what caused the weight loss in the actress' life but was hoping she would gain it back quickly. IMO, she's still got a few more pounds to go and then her face will fill out and her ripe pomegranate lips will look less ripe. She really does look better with a little more weight under her belt. :D

M.

Originally posted by Jenda+Apr 23 2005, 06:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Apr 23 2005, 06:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Snow@Apr 23 2005, 02:40 AM

The 7-of-9 wannabe?

She's definitely no wannabe. She's got her loyal fans and her first visit to the GrandSlam SciFi convention in March proved that she's well loved by Trekkies of all shapes and sizes.

M.

Originally posted by pushka@Apr 23 2005, 07:40 AM

OH NO...NOT STAR TREK AGAIN!!!!!

Sorry to rain on your parades, everybody...But I was 'forced' to endure all the episodes of this show, from the original cast until the cast of 1998, by my ex hubby...Trekkie and Dr.Who fanatic!!!!!

EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK....memories..... :(

LOL! I believe you pushka - there are some very scary, fanatical trekkies out there. I can see how your experience would cause this kind of reaction towards a crazy TV show like Star Trek. :D

M.

Originally posted by Maureen+Apr 26 2005, 10:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Apr 26 2005, 10:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Snow@Apr 23 2005, 02:40 AM

-Why  does the starship look so dark and dingy, was lighting too expensive that century?

Snow, regarding the lighting - it could just be your TV set. I've noticed a difference in viewing the show between 2 of my TV sets. :D

Jolene Blalock plays T'Pol the Vulcan. Season 4 has been well accepted by many ardent fans and I've enjoyed this season as well but I have one particular pet peeve. From the ending of S3 to the start of S4 it was very obvious that this particular actress had lost some weight - which irked me to no end. She's suppose to play a very logical person - un-necessary weight loss does not seem logical to me. I have no idea what caused the weight loss in the actress' life but was hoping she would gain it back quickly. IMO, she's still got a few more pounds to go and then her face will fill out and her ripe pomegranate lips will look less ripe. She really does look better with a little more weight under her belt. :D

M.

How dare you insult my tele. I gots me a highend high def Samsung - gift from the Elder's Quorum Pres who wanted a bigger one.

I did an image google on Jolene Blalock. Apparently a fair portion of her corpus of work is nude or nearly nude modeling. Gots to be thin for that - bless her heart.

Originally posted by Snow@Apr 26 2005, 03:56 PM

I did an image google on Jolene Blalock. Apparently a fair portion of her corpus of work is nude or nearly nude modeling. Gots to be thin for that - bless her heart.

This is true - but not too thin! Many trek fans believe she has toned down on the nude modeling photos since she got married about 2 years ago.

M.

Originally posted by Maureen+Apr 26 2005, 11:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Apr 26 2005, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Jenda@Apr 23 2005, 06:19 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Snow@Apr 23 2005, 02:40 AM

The 7-of-9 wannabe?

She's definitely no wannabe. She's got her loyal fans and her first visit to the GrandSlam SciFi convention in March proved that she's well loved by Trekkies of all shapes and sizes.

M.

The reason I called her a 7-of-9 wannabe is because I guess Star Trek producers figure they have to include a nearly nude woman in the cast with a great body or the show won't be popular, and 7-of-9 was the original. Anything after her is a wannabe.

Originally posted by Maureen+Apr 26 2005, 11:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Apr 26 2005, 11:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Snow@Apr 23 2005, 02:40 AM

-Why  does the starship look so dark and dingy, was lighting too expensive that century?

M.

A vulcan, being logical instead of emotional, also wouldn't stoop to wearing revealing clothing. I have never seen a vulcan dressed the way she dresses in any of the other shows.

Originally posted by Jenda@Apr 26 2005, 04:03 PM

A vulcan, being logical instead of emotional, also wouldn't stoop to wearing revealing clothing. I have never seen a vulcan dressed the way she dresses in any of the other shows.

And why is dressing provacatively "stooping" or illogical. I, personally, like to be provoked by attractive nubile vulcans in scanty clothing. If her aim was to provoke Snow, and it well might have been, then her actions were most logical indeed.

Originally posted by Jenda@Apr 26 2005, 05:03 PM

A vulcan, being logical instead of emotional, also wouldn't stoop to wearing revealing clothing.  I have never seen a vulcan dressed the way she dresses in any of the other shows.

Are you referring to T'Pol in last Friday's episode (the Mirror Universe T'Pol) or the regular T'Pol in 22nd century regular universe?

MU characters tend to live darker lives, more aggressive, more paranoid, more sexual. Therefore the attire fits the society.

When it comes to 22nd century Vulcans in the regular universe all we can go by is Enterprise canon. If the Vulcans find their attire functional, even T'Pol's attire (which has evolved during these four seasons) who are we to argue about it. ;)

M.