How long before we take to the streets?

boyando

When will terrorism no longer be a threat or a concern? When will habeas corpus be restored?

And that's a huge problem, because anything can be defined as a terrorist. It exists because people are unhappy with this growth of what is really a corporate empire, and this is the way of the establishment trying to maintain control. It's an 'eternal war'.

More laws = failing social system.

...like 10% unemployment, we all see the elephant in the room.

Do you really think that 10% unemployment is an 'elephant'? More like a medium sized dog.

...liberal refrain, "Can't we all get along?". I mean we are a country founded on civil dialogue. I suspect people get too worked up when they are constantly bombarded with propaganda to which they agree. It blurs one's perspective on mutual respect.

So, we should all just go along for the ride and hope for the best? The real propaganda is in the corporation owned media -- now I'm not saying it's entirely corrupt, but I don't think one should ever use it as a 'basis' source. There is plenty of good alternative media.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funky, Leo is Law enforcement officer. The line in the sand as far as NOLA is concerned is confiscation of firearms and your right there are cases through out our history when the gov. WAY over stepped the boundaries but just because it happens often does not make it ok. For me , its not really a specific action or inaction by the gov. but an accumulation of various things that will eventually break the camels back. I have some specific lines that I will not allow anyone to cross but these are for me to know.

Here are some issues that I am not happy with or very concerned about:

Much of what has transpired over the last 9 months concerning our financial crisis and gov. intrusion.

The fact that global warming is being shoved down our throats.

The fact that the states and counties (at least mine) have no say in how our natural resources are used. Its based on whether or not a small group of environmentalists protest or not. Gov. controls 80% of my county. Why do they control ANY?

Why do I need a Lic. to carry concealed ? (state issue I know) How does ccw lic. make anyone safer?

Why is fed gov. trying to take control over ALL water ways by trying to remove the term navigable? Search pelosi and navigable.

Why do I have to pay for education when I home school my kids? The school dist. would receive $9000 if my kid attended.

Why am I paying for ANY form of federal grant for ANYTHING?

How come I cannot own a Short barreled rifle, Full auto rifle, Silencer or destructive device without first paying $200 tax and have it registered?

Why is it I cannot carry a rifle on public land from about august to December unless I have a specific tag for a specific season for a specific area. The rest of the year I am REQUIRED to have a hunting lic.

Why is it cops can serve no knock warrants? Then when they kick in the wrong door and ruin an innocent persons life there are no consequences for them.

Why does the ATF have power to fabricate stories and evidence and put innocent people in jail? Search Olofson atf.

Why is our gov. NOT securing our borders?

Why did a texan who held some illegals at gun point ,on HIS land until ICE arrived, get sued and had to PAY 70k.

Why is there an inheritance tax?

You get the point.

You know what is the great thing about this country?

Besides that. And that!!!

It is that every 4 years we have the option to elect a president. Come on people. The Reps had Pres Bush for 8 whole dang long years and no one talked about seceding from the Union, kindly give the Dems the same courtesy.

Talisyn, this has been going on no matter who was in office. I do not blame any one party or any one person. It really boils down to corruption and sin from top to bottom. Lately it just seems more prevalent as the new president along with BOTH sides of the isle takes things to new heights.

I suppose I should utter that old liberal refrain, "Can't we all get along?". I mean we are a country founded on civil dialogue. I suspect people get too worked up when they are constantly bombarded with propaganda to which they agree. It blurs one's perspective on mutual respect.

Couldn't we take it to the streets by wearing loud ties with our white shirts and leave the U-Hauls to Moksha's fervid immagination?

:)

Err.....founded on civil dialogue????? Have the liberals managed to remove the AMERICAN REVOLUTION from the history books??:huh::eek: Was Breeds Hill civil dialogue????:rolleyes: Should we start calling it the "civil dialogue" heard round the world.......oh dear.

Err.....founded on civil dialogue????? Have the liberals managed to remove the AMERICAN REVOLUTION from the history books??:huh::eek: Was Breeds Hill civil dialogue????:rolleyes: Should we start calling it the "civil dialogue" heard round the world.......oh dear.

Bytor, you are such a revolutionary. When you get older you should join the Gray Panthers.

:D

Okay. Those are all fair points. Just so I can understand, though:

1) Global warning is being shoved down your throats now, but the government wasn't doing it before.

2) The license to carry concealed weapons must have just recently come in to play where you are because now you're talking about the line in the sand.

3) Just recently, states lost their rights to determine the use of their natural resources, I'm assuming?

4) You believe that the right to bear arms includes the right to bear undetectable heavy weapons. Is that sustainable according to Constitutional Law?

Funky, Leo is Law enforcement officer. The line in the sand as far as NOLA is concerned is confiscation of firearms and your right there are cases through out our history when the gov. WAY over stepped the boundaries but just because it happens often does not make it ok. For me , its not really a specific action or inaction by the gov. but an accumulation of various things that will eventually break the camels back. I have some specific lines that I will not allow anyone to cross but these are for me to know.

Here are some issues that I am not happy with or very concerned about:

Much of what has transpired over the last 9 months concerning our financial crisis and gov. intrusion.

The fact that the states and counties (at least mine) have no say in how our natural resources are used. Its based on whether or not a small group of environmentalists protest or not. Gov. controls 80% of my county. Why do they control ANY?

Why do I need a Lic. to carry concealed ? (state issue I know) How does ccw lic. make anyone safer?

Why is fed gov. trying to take control over ALL water ways by trying to remove the term navigable? Search pelosi and navigable.

Why do I have to pay for education when I home school my kids? The school dist. would receive $9000 if my kid attended.

Why am I paying for ANY form of federal grant for ANYTHING?

How come I cannot own a Short barreled rifle, Full auto rifle, Silencer or destructive device without first paying $200 tax and have it registered?

Why is it I cannot carry a rifle on public land from about august to December unless I have a specific tag for a specific season for a specific area. The rest of the year I am REQUIRED to have a hunting lic.

Why is it cops can serve no knock warrants? Then when they kick in the wrong door and ruin an innocent persons life there are no consequences for them.

Why does the ATF have power to fabricate stories and evidence and put innocent people in jail? Search Olofson atf.

Why is our gov. NOT securing our borders?

Why did a texan who held some illegals at gun point ,on HIS land until ICE arrived, get sued and had to PAY 70k.

Why is there an inheritance tax?

You get the point.

It actually is a reality, it's just that it's being politicised.

There has always been climate change, as evidenced by history (Ice Ages, Warm Periods, etc,.), and there always will be. But, it's incorrect to call it global warming because it has the wrong connotations.

Funky, Line in the sand generally refers to a stopping point. I have my stopping point figured out but it has only come to be due to all of these other things. What you seem to be saying is that there is some statute of limitations that make these things ok if they have been practiced for a certain period of time. If there ever is another violent revolution in this country there would be a lot of retroactive action concerning laws.

I find NO place in the second amendment that states I cannot own "Heavy weaponry". Don't you find it interesting that if you take an ar-15 and cut the barrel down to 15 15/16"it is classified NFA but if you take the same AR and pull the stock off and cut the barrel to 10" its called a pistol thereby not restricted by NFA rules. There should be Zero regulation period. That is what I'm saying.

You know what is the great thing about this country?

Besides that. And that!!!

It is that every 4 years we have the option to elect a president. Come on people. The Reps had Pres Bush for 8 whole dang long years and no one talked about seceding from the Union, kindly give the Dems the same courtesy.

I am not sure why you want to give some one a chance when it comes to running the country.

President Obama has made it very clear what he wants for this country. To over simplify, he feels that the people of this great country will be better off if the government runs car companies, health care, farming, how much money a person can make and the list could go on and on. At the same time, he believes that the way to avoid conflict with other countries is to ignore there threats and just be friends.

This has been tried before by other countries and has failed. Why do you want to give some one the opportunity to try it again?

Boyando, no one thinks you are a terrorist, but I am sure that you realize the potential for mayhem that could occur when disgruntled people take it to the streets. Whenever such an action does occur, it must be strictly kept as a non-violent protest.

Personally, I like to be revolting with my tongue in cheek. :)

Boyando, no one thinks you are a terrorist, but I am sure that you realize the potential for mayhem that could occur when disgruntled people take it to the streets. Whenever such an action does occur, it must be strictly kept as a non-violent protest.

Personally, I like to be revolting with my tongue in cheek. :)

I don't know how to rebut your rebuttal, with out attacking you personally. That is not my intent.

I can only say how it looks to me. It looks like you wanted to suggest a inaccurate stereotype of someone who has a different point of view, than yours, and then proceed to lecture me on non-violence.

I wish you well.

It looks like you wanted to suggest a inaccurate stereotype of someone who has a different point of view, than yours, and then proceed to lecture me on non-violence.

Ghandi was able to capture the hearts and imaginations of later generations by how much he accomplished non-violently. The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King had his dreams come true in a slow process, but non-violent process.

Ghandi was able to capture the hearts and imaginations of later generations by how much he accomplished non-violently. The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King had his dreams come true in a slow process, but non-violent process.

Thanks again for the lecture on non violence, the subject that you keep bringing up.

I wonder how many people, who read this thread, have never heard of Ghandi or Dr. King, or have never heard of there accomplishments?

Maybe next thread you can teach us about how President Lincoln freed the slaves.